1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers gathering Signatures on Saturday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Slam, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,846
    The proposed site for the stadium is at 13th and K or L, currently right in the middle of hoboville. It's nice that the commish is planning on being there, maybe he can help out handing out bottled water or footballs to some of the homeless hanging out there.

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Just curious, is anyone that subscribes to this site planning on attending this event?

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,019
    If I lived in San Diego I would be!

5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +395
    I am a San Diego native, and will not be there, because as we all know there are way more things to do here, unlike east coast NFL cities, or small market midwest NFL cities with all kinds of traditions and true fans. :p But I will sign initiative in front of my local Vons ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,846
    There were a lot of people there, even ran into Alan.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,613
    Watched it online and it looked like a ton of people were there. Only person missing? The Mayor. The hoteliers probably locked him in one of their suites. Also saw people waving "Where's Kevin?" signs too.

8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,846
    I thought that they wanted Kevin Spacey...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    I was there, went with my girlfriend and dad.

I thought LT and PR17 would of hung out a little longer. I was two feet away from LT and asked him to sign my jersey of his Ive had since his rookie year. He looked over and just kept walking, felt snubbed. PR hung out for about 15 minutes after his speech, I thought they could of had a line for signatures and possibly organize the whole thing better.

They had blaring music from 933 and a homeless lady dancing to it.

Hard wick was the only one I saw interacting with the fans, taking photos, and answering questions. I was expecting that from a bunch of guys. I guess LT was in a hurry for an ASI commercial.

My girlfriend was very put off, a nonnative and me trying to have her adopt the Chargers , she was talking smack.

I told her maybe PR had a practice to go to. Wish the Spanos paid LT to hang for an hour or two

Besides that, it looked like a good turnout. I guess I was expecting more, after the speeches there wasn't anything else really. Felt like as a city we could get this done, some congressmen out there too

10. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +395
    Listened to rally on radio, Philio Rivers cracks me up.... "DAG GUM!"

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +395
    As promised I signed the initiative in front of Vons. :D I have to say there was a swarm of men, and women signing the initiative, like I've never seen before for any other initiative. One guy stopped in the red and cited that he never signs these things, but will sign this one. This is my first time that I can remember signing one too. On the way out more people stopping and signing. Just a subjective glance to the first day having this initiative out in my neighborhood. :helm1:

• Informative Informative x 1