1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Charger's gave the game away

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Flea Soda, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    That much can be said.

But, as a novice football enthusiast, I've known for years this team will go nowhere in the playoffs. It's obvious even to a novice like me, that without a running game you will not make it through the playoffs.

Anyone see how sick the play action was at the beginning of the game? It stopped working because they realized the Chargers have no running game. If we had a running game, the play action would have worked. If it didn't we could at least play ball control and burn the block. We didn't.

IMO, the biggest dunce in this game was Cromartie. Sproles saved his *** on the fumble, and he was the one that gave up the 3rd down.

If Kaeding makes those field goals we win probably win the game, but I still don't see the Chargers make it past Indy. With Turner maybe so, but I think Indy would have stopped Sproles this year.

Please AJ get a power RB. It will put this team over the top. LT is done in this system, he may be able to run elsewhere, but we need a power runner - so that even if our line isn't opening big holes at least the power runner is getting pads on the D to wear them down.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Ok, I agree with your assessment but where do you GET that power RB? Through the draft? FA? This line and the offense wasn't constructed to support the power running game. It's an offense that has to THROW the ball first and run 2nd. You would have to overhaul the entire offensive philosophy starting with Norv and I don't see that happening. If we wanted to shift philosophies to the power running game we should have hired Rex Ryan. Actually he was my first choice, but what's done is done.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929