1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers get Robert Iger's (Disney CEO) endorsement for Carson!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blitzy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/nov/11/chargers-raiders-carson-iger-nfl-stadium/

Well, there you have it folks. This gentleman is the new none-executive chairman of the Carson Holding LLC and this is what he is pitching:

"Should the owners approve the move, Los Angeles will proudly welcome two incredible teams to our community and build a stadium worthy of their fans," Iger said in a statement. "L.A. football fans will enjoy unprecedented access to games during the season, in a state of the art stadium designed to deliver the most entertaining, exciting and enjoyable experience possible."

Well for the foreseeable future one team may proven to be incredible while the other, I would guarantee will remain incredibly inept. A few thoughts come to my mind regarding Iger and the Carson Charders:

1- This Disney CEO has recently raised prices even on his parks most loyal yearly pass owners, so he was a great hire to marshall this new stadium!

2- He may have to fork out at lease 8 lifetime membership passes to River's children to motivate Philip to stay upright till they finish the stadium by which time Rivers will retire.

3- Mark Davis will be stopped at the new stadium's gates and returned to Disneyland as he will me mistaken for an escapee Disney character!

Feel free to add your own observations!

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Nothing will come of this. Just more posturing.

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,149
    Someone on the radio was claiming that this Iger guy wouldn't have signed on unless it was a "go."

I have my doubts about that.

What I do know, is that ownership broadcasting this news just before the mayor was to plead
    San Diego's case in New York--so that we can keep our team--was the height of dickishness!!

5. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Not much, with the very small exception that Disney owns ESPN and that the latter pays NFL a couple of Billions a year for MNF. Other than that, not much influence that would really concern me :whistling:

I never imagined that Dean Spanos had it in him to pull together this type of coup! :tdown:

6. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    It gets better:

Mark Davis also stated that the Raiders will carefully look at every potential scenario (which means possibly relocating to a new stadium in San Diego) :p

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    ESPN are whores. I mean, hell, if that's the case then why is Kroenke even fighting this? Dean's on the NFL Media committee that's going to be the ones renegotiating the new media contracts in short order. Obviously they wouldn't put him there unless they were certain he was going to be the head honcho in LA, amiright?

Fact is, a team (or teams) is/are going to succeed or fail in LA based upon football, not based upon how many bells and whistles and gimmicks to bring people in on gameday there are. This, realistically, illustrates that Dean is as out of touch with the market he claims to have squatter's right to (even though the league has stated that's not the case) as anything. I'd also contend that it demonstrates truly petulant child-like behavior on the part of Dean, since this announcement was very carefully made the same day that San Diego and Falcouner were making their presentation to the league - no doubt so as to draw attention away from any sort of positive media attention away.

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Whoa, for a minute there I thought that Iger was going to buy the Chargers and actually make a ride out them... Not an "E" ticket, more like a "C" or worse.

9. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Right now they are barely an A ticket ride.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    ^^^^ I think the word we're all searching for is "turnstile."

11. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    The rat Spanos tmp_27899-FB_IMG_14473388434241663957581.jpg sleeps with the mouse.

12. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    Ummm... Isnt the Q already their home stadium??

And Disney ownership?? - As if the team wasnt already soft enough. Imagine potentially trying to acquire any player that has anything but a squeaky clean record.

13. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    At least we have a good start on this, we already have a duck named Donald...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    After 50 years of mediocrity and Spanos crapping the bed this year, I'd say the Chargers have the fans' endorsement too.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    And ownership that is effin Goofey

16. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    I could have sworn we had two :confused:

17. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    I think that for the future all that Dean cares about is to relocate to Carson, have the label of LA stuck in front of his franchise and then sell a percentage of ownership (supposedly none-executive ownership which I am sure will change if Iger should have further interest) for a bundle of cash. The Spanoses are billionaires but on paper as almost all their wealth is in R.E. out of which I have no idea if the revenue and cash flow puts that family in the billionaire life style category.

Further, he has already stated that the Chargers are not for sale (in San Diego anyway) as a lot of Sapnoses are holding positions within the organization and their numbers are also increasing. A major cash cow and a steady stream of income for the Spanos clan will be quite a nice legacy that the Deaner will be leaving the future generation of this family if he ultimately manages to marshal this deal.

Let's see what Stan Kroenke may have up his sleeves on the second day of the owners meeting today!

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Someone mention me?