1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers getting Norved??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Everybody who knows anything about NFL knows he's a joke but he gets all the man love he can handle in here.

Though not by me.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GO NORV GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROVE THE DOUBTERS WRONG!!!!! I WANT THE CHARGERS TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I support Norv.

Cottrell, however...

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    What you continue to fail to grasp is that just because people don't want to get into your "Norv is the Devil" conga line and turn every thread into a discussion of how Norv is to blame for everything that is wrong with the Chargers doesn't necessarily mean that they like the guy or think he's one of the greatest coaches in the NFL.

I challenge you to find one post by someone not named BFISA that's singing Norv's praises.

And by singing his praises, I don't mean counter-arguments informing you that perhaps others share some of the blame of what's going wrong.

I mean posts proclaiming him to be a great head coach.

edit: Claiming "support" of Norv doesn't count, either.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    As far as the link goes, we had the same record this time last year.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Hate for Ted is all over the place.
    I don't understand why. The defense did their job on Sunday. I don't care how many yards they gave up. 17 points is 17 points. Easy win!!

Our offense scored a whopping 10 points and Norv's suppose to be the "Offensive Guru." Nobody seems to have a problem with that.
    IMO, dishing out excuses for his failure is man love. It's anybody's fault but his.
    I guess handsome guys get all the man love, huh? :lol:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Props for the Bon Scott av :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You do know they were playing the Miami Dolphins, right?

And the only reason it wasn't 24 points (or more) was because the Dolphins "chose" to run out the clock on this defense. They ran out the clock, dude. The closed it out on the defense.

It is the JOB of the defense to get the offense the ball. That is a fact. With so much time left on the clock, the defense needed to step up at the end... and they didn't. They got worked. Beat up and down the field in the every way.

The offense was not pretty. But on days where the offense is "off"... the defense must give them more opportunities to score.

So don't put your blinders on for the fat man just because they only gave up 17 to a mediocre Miami offense. Look beyond the score and you'll see they were a complete joke on Sunday.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

When our offense keeps going 3 and out... the defense is going to get tired.
    Look at all the offensive talent. What excuse is there for all those 3 and out drives?

Either way... you are NOT going to win on 10 points!!!
    Please make a note of it... you are NOT going to win on 10 points!!!
    What excuse is there for that?

Why all the excuses for Norv's failure?

11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Can you believe that Enormo called him a douche? I weep for our society.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Why excuse Ted's futility?

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

There is none. I don't think Ted has done anything to help either.
    But the BOTTOM LINE is that the offense lost the game on Sunday.
    Spin it anyway you'd like but again... you are NOT going to win on 10 points!!!

With that said... how come we can't score anything (literally) in the first half?
    All that talent and the so-called Offensive Guru... what's the excuse?

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    It's the nature of the game. When the team does poorly everyone blames the coach but himself and when team does well it's the coach that tries to take all credit. You can't have the praise without the ridicule. And yes, I'm back! The dorm server is finally letting Bolttalk through.

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm not excusing anyone. It's obvious the players looked past Miami. There were plenty of guys open on Sunday, but Rivers either missed them or they dropped the ball. The 4th & Goal play is about the only one I layed squarely on Norv.

Ted has had his players consistently out of position and underperforming in EVERY GAME.

And you can win on 10 points of offense. Just can't expect to do it every week.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    How often this year has the offense not done their job as compared to how often the defense hasn't?

Offense: 1
    Defense: 3

Unfortunately for us the offense picked one of those 2 games the defense decided to show up in to go to sleep.

17. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Norv knows nothing about motivation or preparation. His team shows up the same way every week, except for the Jets game. There may be parity among players but there is a huge gap between coaches, both head and assistants. I adopted the phucker and I can't stand him as a coach. I like him as a person but who gives a rat's *** about that!

18. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm sorry but he just looks like a douche. I didn't mean any offense by it. He may be a very talented very cool person but he just looks like a total douche.

I wish him the best in life.

19. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Oh... AC/DC. Yeah, he does rock (not as much as Lemmy though). Still, that picture makes him look like a severe douche.

RIP Mr. Guy Who Rocks But Looks Like A Douche In That Picture

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That's a sign of poor coaching, just like no preparation!!!! :yes:
    It was more than just the 4th and goal play. The Fins defense ALWAYS knew what was coming... the play calling couldn't have been more predictable!!! Yet it was the same thing(s) over and over.

In order to win on 10 points of offense, you need a 2000 Ravens type of defense.

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I knew this would be futile banter, but I like to engage in it from time to time anyway.

Norv loves you. :yes:

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hey B4L - do I get the $50k in BoltCash now for giving you this AWESOME thread to trash Norv in?? :icon_tease: :flag:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The part where you continue to miss is that we're either behind or shutout in the first half.
    Again... if we continue to be put in a position of digging ourselves out of the hole in the second half, most of the times, you'll come up short. Especially when you're down by at least two scores.

Why is that so hard to understand? :icon_shrug:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL. Post it in the thread as to why you deserve it. You could be one of the top contenders!!!

25. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Give me the 50K or I'll kick your *** so hard that those purple contact lenses of yours are gonna go flying.:yes:

:abq1::abq2::abq1:

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. I don't own any purple contacts.

27. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Your total lack of football knowledge is absolutely astounding. I guess it's Norv's fault he can't change their body clocks, they sure looked asleep to me out there. Oh, excuse me, you are a coaching expert and I am nothing but a mere fan.

28. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't place all the blame on Mr. Turner though I do like the use of Norv as a verb. It is completely applicable in this situation.

29. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Okay. To be clear - I'm not a die-hard Norv fan. I hate the obsession with running LT up the middle on 1st down, I will always hate it because I like watching LT be LT and do what he does best out in the open field. However, I do understand it.

This is the NFL. You have to be able to execute. Even when everyone knows what's coming. The Chargers have had much success in the past doing just that. Eventhough my 6 y/o niece knew LT was running up the middle they still made it happen. Something isn't working this year, but it's not 100% on Norv when things don't work. The coaches on staff do have a hand in it - but just as responsible are the players.

This is a team sport - it's not a one man show - despite the overwhelming attention individual players/coaches may recieve. THE TEAM is responsible for losing last week. THE TEAM is responsible for being unmotivated and unprepared.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You're welcome to your Norv hate, I don't begrudge you of that - but let's get real here...

• Like Like x 3
  30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Watch out, he's actually a Colt's fan and a self proclaimed expert on everything football. Just ask him.