1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers have 4600 tickets to sell...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/20/chargers-have-4600-tickets-to-sell/

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    This is good news...not.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Make a difference then. Buy a ticket.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    some would rather complain that they cant watch it for free on TV. Then they will complain when the Chargers move to LA.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I'd prefer to watch it on TV with my family. With the HDTV experience being what it is today, despite guaranteed TV money NFL owners get, I'd be willing to pay per view, when there is not a sell out. I dont think Spanos bank account is hurting in SD, that is not the reason he'd leave. money, money, money.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Some cant afford the experience. Others it is a matter of preference...

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Then there's that too.

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    How much does the lowest priced Charger ticket cost?

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Lowest prices are $54 in Upper View and the "Family Section" (the o drinking and no cursing allowed section). Below is the full breakdown.

FIELD LEVEL: $98.00
    PLAZA LEVEL: $98.00
    LOGE LEVEL: $98.00
    PRESS LEVEL: $98.00
    LOWER VIEW LEVEL - ROW 1-4: $79.00
    VIEW LEVEL - ROWS A & 5-18: $79.00-$68.00

UPPER VIEW - ROWS 19-26 $54.00.
    FAMILY SECTION INCLUDES VIEW LEVEL 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 - ROWS A & 5-26 $54.00.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'd do it if I wasn't however many hundred miles away.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    do you want to go to the KC game?

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes, but I will be running the Bar-b-Que for my 20th wedding aniversarry partay... Thank you though. Very much!

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I can see how a family of four might have some problems paying the ticket freight, the parking fees, the souvy sales, and the food and beverage tab...ouch!!!! Even at the bargain basement cheapo prices. Doesn't sound like a great value to me....especially with the advent of 60+ inch flat screens. Who needs the hassles for that kind of money?

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    And none of those prices includes the Ticketmon$ter charges. That $98 ticket is actually $107.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I love when people complain that they can't afford luxury items and that someone should just give it to them for free.

Yes, watching the NFL, whether it's on tv or live in person, is a luxury.

If Metallica comes to town and I can't afford to go I don't start demanding it's shown on tv because they already have enough money and it's not fair I can't see them.

FTR, just so we're clear, I think the blackout rule sucks but I understand why it exists. The NFL is a business and they know better then anyone that we'd ALL love to sit on our comfy couches, eating whatever snacks we wanted, not paying $10 a beer, and watching the game of our choice on our nice flat screen HDTVs instead of paying $100 a game per ticket. Personally, I love being @ the game. Sitting @ home just isn't the same.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree completely. The experience of being at the game can't compare to watching it on TV. The stadium atmosphere doesn't translate to TV. If I was within a few hundred miles of SD, I would be there this Sunday.

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I hear exactly what you are saying. Our football cultures are different...last pro game I went to was a Pats-Oilers game in 1975. It rained so hard my teeth chattered all along the 120 mile drive home. The same with concerts...I just don't like the crowds and the inconvenience.

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    There's nothing quite like being at The Murph or Petco Park for a live game - if I had the money I'd have season tickets for both in a heartbeat. But there are definitely times when I would prefer to be at home watching my flat screen in my PJ's drinking a $6 six-pack instead of a $10 single beer.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and here I have an extra ticket and I cant even give it away.

20. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Shoot, if I could dude I really would say "Hey! How much do you want for it?"

21. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    The pervasive greed of the owners, across all sports, has created a barrier most reasonable people can't overcome.

In a down economy people vote with their wallets, and they've obviously decided the quality of the team and the experience no longer justify the financial outlay demanded by the Chargers. There is no wiggle room, so people simply don't go.

A typical game, for a family of four, will likely cost $600, and consume an entire day. Traffic will be horrible, the crowd will be rowdy, fans will be inappropriate and all the while the parents will be wiping the sweat from their brow as they empty their bank account. That just isn't enjoyable. That's why you see $1200 HDTV's flying out of electronics stores.

22. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    how much you want for it? i need 1

tailgating but no ticket like last game.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I completely understand what you're saying and I don't begrudge anyone for not going to the games for whatever reasons they may have. If I had my way the Spanos' would lower the ticket prices during these down times to help ensure sellouts, but they don't and that's their prerogative, it's their team. I just think people are constantly barking up the wrong tree when it comes to sellouts and blackouts. Their beef should be with the league and it's policies, not with the team owners.

24. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I would have bought it sir :) if my pals hadn't gotten to me first. Singles are always hard to sell tho I'd imagine.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I wasnt selling it, I was giving it away

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Drunk got it!

• Like Like x 2
  27. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    LOL, this is not a comparable analogy. If Metallica has a concert in say Chula Vista, then that is the only place it is seen.
    If the Chargers are blacked out, it is only blacked out in the "market area," of the team, the rest of the free world can walk down to their pub, or direct TV and watch the game. Besides NFL is much bigger than Metallica, kinda like USA vs. Ensenada, not that means much, except maybe intrinsically to the individual fan. Let's be honest Metallica is a nitche market. Yes, I know they are a big time group, I like them a lot, seen them in concert, and can play many of their songs on the bass, as I am a fan. However, the NFL is vastly greater, and the circumstances are different than a rockband. It seems alienating by the NFL, but who cares, despite the disparities, we are lapping it up more than all rock bands combined.

I just saw this, and not to pick on you, as I like your enthusiasm on this forum, but this post got me... It is funny that that people are defensive of owners who are asking the tax payers of SAN DIEGO, to the tune of $400 Billion to build them a stadium, yet have no quarter on ticket prices, yes I understand this is different than the NFL blackout policy. Sorry, you are not going to pay for a new stadium with your taxes in Chula Vista. I understand this is a business, and I can take that, but to call people out for barking up the wrong tree really gets me.

Fouts

District 1
    San Diego

28. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    $400 billion? Isn't it true that the stadium that Jerry Jones had built in Arlington only cost him $1 billion??

dr-evil.jpg
    I'm holding the NFL up for a ransom of... $400 billion dollars!!!

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and how long of a wait do they have in Green Bay for season tickets? Green Bay is a much smaller market than San Diego.

30. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I believe that is what I read the taxpayer contribution would be. I could be wrong, it could be more. :)

Yeah, green bay is another story, if I lived in Wisco, I'd like a ticket to the hottest show in town too. Beats sitting on a bucket on a frozen lake catching fish.

The state of Wisconsin is much bigger than the city of San Diego. ;-)