1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CHarger's Heart?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Oct 26, 2007.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    You know, with all that's gone on, family or friends lose their complete material life savings...and, I think most of you are going to know someone who's been majorly effected by these fires...I have a friend in San Marcos that I haven't been able to reach.
    I look at all the volunteers, and the way SoCal/ CA is handling this whole mess:tup:
    It's good to see that even the most rabid fans are humbled, and greatest players realizing their jobs are less significant than our firefighters and aid givers.
    I see the way all others have done their jobs, and realize that for three hours on Sunday, in the sports world, the Chargers are going to display the heart that makes SoCal what it is...the Texans better watch out, because they're stepping into a whole region of survivors, and I hope it feels like a buzzz saw...for three hours.
    Yes! our Bolts are going to be right where they're supposed to be.
    A couple hours of "reality disconnect" will be nice for many...I'm sure that for those who've lost much, it won't be possible.
    Hopefully they have someone who's got the heart to help make the loss less painful.
    This time period is about a lot of hearts, and the CHargers will be a part of that heartbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Great post, OV. Although I'm not from the region nor do I personally know anyone affected, my heart goes out to those who have lost homes, cherished possessions, businesses, & loved ones. We should all take this time to examine what is really important in our lives.

I'm proud of the way that Southern California has handled this adversity. It shows what a gritty group of survivors you are & sets an example for the rest of the country re: how to handle a disaster of this magnitude. I'm certain that the same resilience & imagination will help you to rebuild an even better community.

It's great that the Chargers will be able to play at home this week. They are a large part of your community & I'm sure that our team will play their hearts out for their fans. That's just the type of team that we have - strong, resilient, classy, proud, giving, & appreciative.

Go Chargers & go Southern California!! :bolt: :flag:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Today, I am proud to be a San Diegan. Y'all have stood up and showed the rest of the world just how tough y'all are. In the face of the worst conditions with no time to prepared you overcame a disaster together.

Thank you, to each and everyone of you for defying this monster and staying the course. Honor, should be heaped on those that put their lives on the line during the worst part of this to save life and try to save property against insurmountable odds.

Y'all truly make me proud to be from such a great city. In fact you show true Southern Spirit, grit and damned determination.

Now lets kick some Texan ***. :bolt::tup::icon_toast::abq2:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I drank a whole 18 pack the night before last and gave the fire the finger. :abq2:

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Only an 18 pack? :icon_tease:

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Rookie! :icon_tease:

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I ran out of beer :icon_sad:

8. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    This is a game I wish I could make it to...but I live 4 hours away (near Bakersfield) and just can't make this one...we have friends in from Santa Maria.
    I will be watching the game via Sunday Ticket, allot of us up here are at least donating money to the cause...

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    That's No Excuse!
    What, no 7-11's in the neighborhood? :icon_shrug:

:icon_tease:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    What, it took 18 beers to get your hose primed?. :icon_shrug::icon_huh::icon_rofl::bolt:

11. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    With the added stupidity in the this thread, lets just close it down...once again the thread stealers have got control...idiots.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Great POst! I may not be a native, but I did live in SD for 11 years and I loved it more than anywhere i've ever lived. Seeing the way itr came together as a community and the level of volunteerism makes me proud just to be associated with it.

GO San Diego!
    GO Bolts!
    F the raiders!

13. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Same here, I've grown up in CA, and when in the Navy (the 70's) I was stationed there, but have lived my life on the central coast, or most recently here in Tehachapi...but every time I go to SD, it's like visiting an old friend. I've always felt at home, and if I had to live in a big city, SD is the only one.
    In fact, my wife is from Boston, and as far as CA goes, SD is really the only west coast city she'd like to live in...maybe someday.
    Being a season ticket holder, it'd be nice to be within an hour of the game for once.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Was this post really necessary ? :icon_shrug:

15. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

...I don't know, were the other stupid posts really necessary? It seems to me, this site has the most idiotic posts per thread of any CHarger site...after awhile it gets old. I mean, a little comedy is one thing, but it's the same crap page after time wasting page.
    SO YES, it was necessary.