1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Injury Report

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

The only Chargers player withheld from practice yesterday was linebacker Shawne Merriman, who again may be listed as questionable, but indicated he’ll play tomorrow night against Tennessee.

“We’re in a position to make something happen and I feel I’m a big part of it,” said Merriman, “so I gotta go.”

Through much of the season, Merriman’s been coping with a foot problem that’s often kept him off the practice field, but the only game he missed was in Cleveland three weeks ago. Head coach Norv Turner said Merriman’s availability remains a game-day decision, but also noted that Merriman’s coming off an impressive outing against the Cincinnati Bengals.

“Whenever you watch the films, I’m disruptive and productive out there, and that’s first and foremost,” Merriman said. “I wouldn’t step on the field if I couldn’t do that. I’m not out there just to be out there. Cleveland week, I just felt I wasn’t ready to perform, so I didn’t play. Dallas, I felt I was disruptive and productive. Cincy, I felt like I was productive.”

Also to be determined tomorrow, Turner said before the club left for Nashville, was whether center Nick Hardwick will be able to return to the starting lineup. Hardwick took part in drills yesterday on a recovering ankle that was “a little sore,” said Turner, “but he looked good.” With his injured elbow, Cesaire returned to practice yesterday, but only on a limited basis.

Defensive end Travis Johnson (groin) and receiver Legedu Naanee (foot), each of whom didn’t practice Tuesday, were back on the field yesterday.

2. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers vs. Titans

Thursday, Dec. 24, 2009

Chargers

Player Injury Tuesday Participation Wednesday Participation Thursday Participation* Thursday Status

Kevin Burnett, ILB Neck Full Participation Full Participation Full Participation Questionable

Jacques Cesaire, DE Elbow Did Not Participate Limited Participation Limited Participation Questionable

Nick Hardwick, C Ankle Full Participation Full Participation Full Participation Questionable

Shawne Merriman, OLB Foot Did Not Participate Did Not Participate Did Not Participate Probable

Travis Johnson, DE Groin Did Not Participate Full Participation Full Participation Probable

Legedu Naanee, WR Foot Did Not Participate Full Participation Full Participation Probable

Mike Scifres, P Groin Full Participation Full Participation Full Participation Probable

* Estimation due to the team conducting a walk-through practice.

Titans

Player Injury Tuesday Participation Wednesday Participation Thursday Participation Thursday Status

Keith Bulluck, LB Knee Out - Definitely will not play Out - Definitely will not play Out - Definitely will not play Out

Troy Kropog, T Calf Limited Participation Did Not Participate Out

Nick Harper, CB Shoulder Did Not Participate Did Not Participate Full Participation Questionable

Tony Brown, DT Knee/Quad Did Not Participate Did Not Participate Full Participation Probable

Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Neck Did Not Participate Did Not Participate Full Participation Probable

Nate Washington, WR Ankle Limited Participation Limited Participation Full Participation Probable

Craig Stevens, TE Concussion Limited Participation Full Participation Full Participation Probable

STATUS DEFINITIONS:
    Out - definitely will not play
    Doubtful - at least 75% chance will not play
    Questionable - 50-50 chance will not play
    Probable - virtual certainty player will be available for normal duty

3. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Scott Mruczkowski, who helped save the Chargers by filling for Nick Hardwick the past 13-plus games, will be placed on injured reserve with the ankle injury he suffered Sunday.

Fortunately for the Chargers, Nick Hardwick is healthy enough to start Friday. Hardwick came through today's practice feeling good and said if he wakes up tomorrow with the ankle not bothering him, he will start against the Tennessee Titans.

"I had an all right day today. I guess," Hardwick said. "I've learned through this process not to get ahead of yourself. So I'll see how I feel tomorrow and we'll go from there."

Mruczkowski's recovery was placed in the four- to six-week range, and the Chargers chose to replace him on the roster. The move they will make is not known.
    Dennis Norman, a nine-year veteran who played the final two snaps against the Bengals, becomes the backup center.

Also yesterday, defensive linemen Jacques Cesaire (elbow) and Travis Johnson (shoulder), receiver Legedu Naanee (foot) and outside linebacker Shawne Merriman (foot) missed practice. Merriman, Johnson and Naanee are expected to play, while Cesaire's status is less certain.

Quentin Jammer, who left Sunday’s game with a bruised knee, practiced full.

Shaun Phillips appears as healthy as he's been in over a month. He practiced yesterday after missing at least one day a week since injuring his ankle on Nov. 8 at New York.

KEVIN ACEE

4. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thank you, Scott
    be healthy soon

• Like Like x 1