1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers interested in Keyshawn

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, May 2, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'd like for AJ, at the the very least, to bring Key in, interview him, find out what he's asking for money wise, ect. IMO Key is better than half of the recievers on the team now.

I mean, it can't hurt.

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Can't believe the Patriots aren't on that list.

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    They already have one malcontent in Moss.. :yes:

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont know a cat fight between Meshawn and Randy for pregame camera time would be midly entertaining.

BTW Adam Shefner(sp?) on NFL Total Access last night mentioned we might be interested because we are making a push for the SuperBowl.

Kinda nice that people are talkin about the Chargers and the Superbowl before it is even pre-season.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If meshawn wasn't a turd I'd say maybe. But there is a reason several teams have booted him off their teams.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    hope we don't get him

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That joke was funnier when I posted it yesterday.

:icon_rofl:

9. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Might be worth watching for a few seconds anyway .. :icon_rofl:

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
  11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    If we want him, he's ours. He wants to play for a team that is going to make a run at the Super Bowl. We're the only team on that list that can say that. Plus, we are next to LA.

I saw the special on him on NFL Network last night, and as against the idea as I was yesterday, I would be all for seeing what he is asking for today.

12. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Hey EC, just curious: What did you see about him that changed your mind?

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    O god, I hope not because I made a lot of fun of some cowboyfan friends of mine when he was with dal and I'd never hear the end of it. Please AJ. My ego and pride are on the line here...

14. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    seems like Keyshawn as far as his attitude isnt the keyshawn of old but he still plays at a very high level,for a one year deal for real cheap to be on a team thats making a run for the superbowl might be worth it for him and the chargers, im sure he can teach our young guys alot about the game,should be interesting, as soon as i heard he was cut i was thinking eagles will get him, but lets just see

15. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Egals would pay him more, but we are closer to the Bowl :yes:

I haven't made up my mind, I still say what ever AJ does is OK with me....

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Meshawn's next book should be entitled "Throw it to where I'm at - not to where I was supposed to be!"

...ask his old QB how many INTs were charged against him last year that were Meshawn's fault... Not that Jake would say it - but then again, Meshawn wouldn't step up to the plate and take responsibility for it either.

Let him go to the Eaglets.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'd be kind of surprised if the Bolts were interested in Keyshawn. The Panthers cut him so they could give more PT to their young receiver, to help them develop. I think the Chargers are more interested in developing their younger guys than taking on a vet on the downside of his career.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Chargers not interested in WR Johnson

Receiver Keyshawn Johnson wants to play for a contender at this point in his career, and his agent expressed Johnson's interest in playing for the Chargers in a phone call to the team yesterday, sources said.

Sources also said the Chargers told agent Jerome Stanley they are not interested in Johnson.

Johnson was released Monday by the Carolina Panthers. With 70 catches for 815 yards last season, the 34-year-old former No. 1 overall draft pick is seemingly still a capable receiver. But the Chargers already have multiple receivers of similar capabilities.
    Also, while Johnson has seemingly mellowed over time, his penchant for being the center of attention would not seem to fit the type of players A.J. Smith has assembled over the past four years as general manager.

Neither Stanley nor Smith would comment.

– KEVIN ACEE

Future now for Eagles
    In a face-to-face meeting, Eagles coach Andy Reid told Donovan McNabb that he need not worry about the team's selection of University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb with its first draft pick over the weekend.
    A lot of people have compared the Eagles' decision to draft Kolb to Denver's decision to select Tommy Maddox 25th overall in the 1992 draft when they still had 31-year-old John Elway, who was recovering from major shoulder surgery.

Maddox never became the regular starter for the Broncos and was traded after just two seasons, while Elway went on to play seven more years and win two Super Bowls.

How does McNabb feel about his potential future replacement? So far, he's not saying, which has led to even more speculation of McNabb's displeasure.

Brady takes one for team
    Tom Brady restructured his contract to create cap space so the Patriots could acquire wide receiver Randy Moss from the Oakland Raiders for a fourth-round draft pick on Sunday, The Boston Globe reported.
    As part of the trade, the Patriots were required to take on the $9.75 million that Moss was scheduled to earn. After the deal, Moss tore up his old contract and signed a one-year, $3 million deal that could be worth up to $5 million with incentives.

Around the league
    BROWNS: The club informed guard Joe Andruzzi and his agent that it plans to release the 10-year-veteran later this week. Andruzzi has two more years left on his contract.
    SEAHAWKS: Franchise player Josh Brown has signed his tender offer worth $2,078,000 – the average of the top five paid kickers in the NFL – after the team could not reach a long-term deal with him.

NFL: Commissioner Roger Goodell, who disclosed last week that the NFL will make baseline neuropsychological tests mandatory for the 2007 season, is requiring all team medical personnel to attend a meeting on concussions next month in Chicago.

20. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    Keyshawn: "Yo, Chargers, can I play in the superbowl with you?" Chargers: "Suck it."

Keyshawn Johnson wants to play for a contender at this point in his career, and his agent expressed Johnson's interest in playing for the Chargers in a phone call to the team yesterday, sources said. Sources also said the Chargers told agent Jerome Stanley they are not interested in Johnson.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070503/news_1s3nflnotes.html

21. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
  22. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member