1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers' Jackson pleads not guilty to drunken-driving charges

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Dana Littlefield
    February 17, 2009

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson pleaded not guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor drunken-driving charges stemming from his Jan. 6 arrest.

Jackson, 26, was not required to appear in San Diego Superior Court for his arraignment and did not. Instead, his attorney entered the plea by fax.

According to a California Highway Patrol spokesman, Jackson was driving east on state Route 52 near Interstate 805 shortly after 2:30 a.m. when he was pulled over for an undisclosed traffic violation. He was booked into county jail and released by 6 a.m.

His blood-alcohol content measured 0.17 percent, according to court records. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

At the time of his arrest, Jackson was on probation for a 2006 DUI arrest and conviction in San Diego. He eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

He was placed on five years' probation and ordered not to drive with a measurable amount of alcohol or drugs in his system during that time.

According to court documents in the 2006 case, a CHP officer saw Jackson driving a dark-colored BMW about 3 a.m. The car was swerving on eastbound Interstate 8 near Hotel Circle and on the transition road to northbound state Route 163.

Jackson was arrested and took a breath test, which revealed a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.13 percent

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/17/1m17jackson134232/?chargers

2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Not good, .17 is bad. Why contest it I wonder?:unsure:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    In denial.

4. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I dont get it still to this day. If i have MILLIONS of dollars and i know i have a problem with drinking, HIRE A SERVICE!!!! Call a friend,limo,taxi,neighbor,bus, or last resort me. Good luck VJ just push the bottle away sometimes or hand the keys over.

remember 1 thing.....................

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! (when under control):icon_toast:

5. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    It's very possible that the police messed up on the procedure for giving a blood test. If they did, everything will be dropped on a technicality since his BAC from the blood test will be inadmissable.

I'm guessing there's a tidbit of information that his lawyer knows that might get the case dropped. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    imo - he needs to be reprimanded, even if the charges are dropped.

dood is asking for trouble. If he doesn't learn a lesson (other than hey! I got away with one!!), then down the road, something bad is gonna happen .

:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChargersHooligan_22

ChargersHooligan_22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    its hard to understand why someone would contest a .17 but with the way our chp handles many dui cases i completly understand VJ's desire to fight it. i dont trust a single word that comes out of most dui police reports. other than vincents name, it wouldnt surprise me if 99% of the chp officers story was fabricated. ESPECIALLY the part about swerving. those bastards will do anything to build a case.

GOOD LUCK TO YA VINCE. DAMN THE MAN. FIGHT THE EMPIRE:lama

8. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I hope we have aneasy first couple of games because I have a feeling we will have one or two players suspended.

But I have a feeling we might be playing Pitt on the opening thurs night game:no:

9. ChargersHooligan_22

ChargersHooligan_22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    i agree. at this point it looks as tho jackson will likely see the first couple games from the bench.
    good thing we have an extreamly talented recieving core. malcomm floyd is highly underratted.
    rivers loves passing his way..