1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers losing the turnover battle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    They will not amount to anything as long as they cant protect the ball.

You cant be a champion and give the ball away.

They need to fix the penalties too.

This is only the second week of the season, but they need to get their head strait. They have yet to play two full halves of football on the same day.

If they dont fix this, I dont expect they will even make the playoffs.

2. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    They are front-runners plain and simple, they are not tough enough to make the play when it counts.

We have all these choir boys we need some football players

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    This shyte is getting old! We keep finding ways to give the game away!

• Like Like x 1
  4. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Every year its the same damn thing the chargers beat the chargers once again... this **** is sickening

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This is now the second game vs Patriots that they gave it away thanks to sloppy play and turnovers. I'll at least say this game's turnovers were an improvement over last year's, but that's not saying squat. Between the moronic turnovers, the horrible defensive game plan, we had no chance. I'm tired of hearing this team is elite - until they beat an upper echelon team I don't want to hear about how this team has turned the corner or is considered in the class of the league. Hell last i checked we're not even the division champs, why don't we fix that before we start thumping our chests about being so good

And yes second game let's not get crazy one way or another

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    The only people calling this team an elite team is us Charger fans.

When everyone at ESPN picked the Patriots to win, a lot of people had their feelings hurt around here. Well it looks like ESPN knows what they are talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    4 turnovers in any game, much less against the Pats, is pitiful.

This is unacceptable.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Chicken Little! :roflmao:

9. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    You can't argue with the turnovers.

However, I don't see any reason for the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Gillette stadium is a tough venue, especially for their home opener. The Patriots have an elite offense coached and QB'd by one of the best in NFL history. The D scheme's were crap for the first half of the game but when adjusted the D held it's own. It took a bit but the offense got the ball rolling on the ground and in the air. Turnovers killed the game. PR can adjust. Tolbert needs to learn to run forward. This wasn't a division game and our division sucks. As long as we get into the playoffs this loss isn't a killer.

I hate losing to the Pats as much as the next guy but this carrying on is a bit much.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Tolbert gave up the ball, which is unacceptable, but it wasn't just turnovers that gave the game away. The horrible red zone performance is on everyone. Tom Brady was not pressured nearly enough. Had they been in his face, the turnover ratio may have been reversed. What a bad game, but at least it's only week 2. We won't win them all.

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    We could. We are pretty good but still not quite good enough to overcome the turnovers. Realistically if we can limit to 2 turnovers a game I still think we are serious superbowl contenders.

12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I agree with ya Conc on everything but the Penaltys.

6-44 8-80 Yea we did get a few STUPID penalties, but for a road game 6 for 44 yds given up isnt a reason we would lose. If anything you mean to say we should have capitalized on the penalties NE got that netted us 80 free yards.

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
  14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    ^^^THIS^^^

We punted ONCE the entire game. Turnovers will kill you against ANY team. Do it against NE and it's 10 times more painful.

15. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I have doubts that will beat the Raiders when we face them. Especially a season finally meeting at their house if I remember correctly.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'm tired of "coach speak" "player speak" I don't want to hear what you are going to do or what you want to do. Just get out on the damn field and show me what you can do, if yesterday is an indication of the ball to be played this year it's going to be a long season.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I hear you but it is WHEN the penalties are happening. Some, like the call against Weddle in the end zone were just bogus calls. But defensive holding on 3rd down. C'mon man, dont make it easy. That stuff has to be fixed, especially when manusky is rushing only 3 and giving Brady all day to find a receiver!

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The season is not over, but we are -6 or -7 in the turnover battle. We will not win anything like that. The Coaches have to figure this crap out, they see it, now they need to act on it. And ont give me any rhetoric "FIRE _____" crap because that stuff is old.

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I agree. I am getting sick and tired of people who want to fire everyone just because we lost the SECOND GAME OF THE YEAR. It's ridiculous. You really want to plug in someone new and have us struggle to figure it out? These things can be fixed. We aren't dead in the water.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    AMEN, Hallelujerr!

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    We will be 4-1 at the bye week.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I hope so. The positive pollyanna side of me thinks so. But if we cant do better than average -3 turnovers per game, we wont even beat the Chiefs...

23. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    most definitely.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lets hope, but we still have to face Green Bay and the Jets. Gotta fix the turnover problems to have a chance.

25. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Right now who cares about our record at the bye week. Just care about our record on Sunday evening after we've played the Chiefs. Remember the whole 'one game at a time' thing?

26. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    The Jets play a different type of game compared to the greatest show on turf like offense the Pats run. The Jets are alot slower, but will still kill us if we cough the ball up. The Pack will be THE TOUGHEST game on our schedule in my opinion. It will be a test to see how far we've come from now. and Not looking past the Ravens, cause that will be a tough game also, considering they will be in a division race with the Steelers and Browns.

27. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'll be appauled if we lose to the Jets, they're nothing special on either side of the ball, we owe them a smack in the chops.

That said after watching Manusky sh*t the bed with his game plan this week my confidence is cut in half that we can even beat Kansas City.

28. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, Romo did some good things to the secondary with help from his athletic receivers, Dez Bryant is a MONSTER! I say that to say this, the Jets will be in a mid season swing as will we hopefully our Defense is up to stopping Sanchez cause honestly we can out Jet the Jets and keep their offense off the field. I'd be surprised if we lost to them, but that's why we play the game, it doesn't make it better that this is our only 10 am game of the season...

29. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Jets also know how to win. Don't discount them quite so quickly...see what they've got before you claim a victory......you still have to put up more points than they do, and Sanchez has some crazy good karma riding along with him.......watch out for Cromartie....more karma. For what it's worth, I hope you kick their asses all over the field. GO CHARGERS!!!!

30. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Well in the next 3 games we have KC, MIA, & DEN. I see a good thing here.