1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Man Cave

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by jwmann2, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jwmann2

jwmann2 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
  2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Basements are just about non-existent in California.

But I will be doing something like this in my basement (I don't like in Cali) once I have $25k to finish it

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Don't recall ever seeing a basement in SAn Diego

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    I want a fan cave.... (yeah, they're not just for the menfolk ;))

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    You can always have a WOmancave I guess, :p

Eventually, when we get a new house, and the kiddo is moved out and on with her life, I will have a glorious mancave. I've been slowly collecting things for it for the past few years and stashing them away in a secret bunker. No point now living in an apartment though.

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What's a basement? Is that what they used to put in houses so people could brew their own lager?

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    look between your legs

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    And what would YOU know about that?

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    That was totally uncalled for. You need to check yourself before talking to Syd in that manner in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
  11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    i'm just ******* around.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Not too many. the water table is too high in SD so a lot of the basements would be under water, which is not a good idea. At least that is what a contractor I use to know, told me

14. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings:
    +190
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +190
    Somewhat updated pics, the above were older.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    My office

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. sdcfan18

sdcfan18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Living in Canada, almost everyone has a basement, so I'm lucky enough to A) have the space to have a room like this, and B) have a wife that support such an addiction! :) We bought our first home two years ago and one of the few requirements I had was a basement that was finished or could be renovated into the "Chargers Man Cave" that I had always wanted. When we bought this house, the basement was finished, but needed to be totally redone. We had a leaking issue and there was almost no insulation under the wood panelling. We gutted it to the foundation, fixed any leaks, replaced EVERYTHING including the studs, drywall, and carpet. We also ripped out the weight baring wall and replaced it with a steel I-beam. This really opened up the room and allowed me the space to add the big screen.

This coming down the stairs entering the basement.
    [​IMG]

This is part of my autograph collection. A lot of the autographs have come from various card and memorabilia stores in San Diego as there aren't too many players that visit Ontario, Canada aside from Vaughn Martin. In the case there are autographs from Flutie, Brees, and Lo Neal on the top shelf, various Chargers from last years squad on the second shelf including Vaughn who went I went to University with a UWO (my prized auto), Phillips on the next, and Gates signed the helmet.
    [​IMG]

This is my Hall of Fame wall. I assume Seau will make it one day and go as a Charger.
    [​IMG]

This is the back wall of the basement. To be honest, I don't play darts other than when people come over to watch sports. It was a gift from the wife last Christmas and fits into the room nicely.
    [​IMG]

Part of the sitting area. The jerseys in the second photo are all signed and authentic stitched jerseys. I wanted one of each color, and love Rivers and L.T. The Cro jersey was the first item I bought for the basement (he played for us then) but really don't cheer for him anymore, especially this week! :p I have frames being made right now and the jerseys will hang on the wall behind the recliner. They will be the first thing you see as you come down the stairs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This obviously the main focus of the room. I got the projector a few weeks before the season started and its awesome. It'll be great for the SuperBowl party I host when the Chargers make it! Along with being a Chargers fan, I'm into Home Theatre as well. The projector is an Epson, full 1080p and throws to a 92" screen. The picture make it look awful, but it's been fully calibrated and looks MUCH better than it shows here.
    [​IMG]

That's it folks. This has been my project for the past 18 months and it's nice to share it with a group that appreciates Charger football just as much as I do. Let me know what you think!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +190
    sweet sir.

19. X FACTOR

Ratings:
    +190
    Have not painted my room yet in bolts colors, that is coming.

20. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Charger rooms are great, but I could be done with the "man cave" thing already. Just another one of those cutesy terms someone came up with that got annoying almost immediately. What happened to "den or "office?"