1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers may have the juice for Super Bowl run

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chargers/2006-09-27-chargers-cover_x.htm?csp=34

By Jim Corbett, USA TODAY
    SAN DIEGO — LaDainian Tomlinson is the authority when it comes to Chargers quarterbacks.
    Arguably the game's best all-around running back, Tomlinson has been the offensive constant in San Diego's rise from the Ryan Leaf debacle to a hungry team that believes it is poised to make a championship run.

Tomlinson was drafted in 2001, just months after the Chargers gave up on Leaf, the second overall pick of the 1998 draft and a man who came to define quintessential first-round bust.

Tomlinson has also been part of and witness to two of the biggest blockbuster deals involving quarterbacks in recent NFL history.

The Chargers traded the chance to select Michael Vick with the first overall pick in the 2001 draft, opting for Tomlinson as the first brick in their rebuilding effort with the fifth overall selection. The former Texas Christian University star joined Eric Dickerson and Eddie George in 2005 as the only running backs in league history to rush for 1,200 yards in each of their first five seasons.

Tomlinson became close to quarterback Drew Brees, whom San Diego selected after L.T. in the 2001 draft. Brees took the quarterbacking reins from Doug Flutie after the club's 5-11 2001 campaign and ultimately led the Chargers to the playoffs in 2004.

But Brees was cast adrift when he suffered a career-threatening injury to his throwing shoulder in the 2005 regular-season finale. Despite the potential severity of the injury, the Saints signed him for six years and $60 million in March.

click for the link 4 more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    Actually a good read. check it out.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That was a good read...thanx Bro!!:icon_toast:

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    absolutly brilliant read mate!!

Nice one to find it and share it with us:tup: :tup:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ahhh he is just showing off. :icon_mrgreen:

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I'm ain't showing off

I'll give you the "shocker" :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Excellent article. Thanx Conc!! :tup:

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No where else on any Chargers board is the "shocker" a known weapon on your chick and on your enemies chicks alike.

Your hands are now registered weapons.

You are welcome. :)

9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    um, I'm pretty sure the Chargers drafted and then traded Sheli for Rivers and all. But the article says we drafted him fourth and the traded the number one draft choice to NY. Am I missing something???

otherwise, a nice long read that had a lot of insight I don't really see too much of.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chargers will win the Super Bowl !!!!:bolt: :foley53: :bolt:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Word. With 3 TD catches, my boy VJ is going to shock the world and win Super Bowl MVP. :yes:

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks a bunch! Ill rep ya if I can.... That was an awesome read.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    I remember when I first hit the UT boards preaching of the coming of the chosen one to the masses. Only Trumpie seen the light and put up the good fight for our QB savior who will lead us to the Lombardi promise land. Through trials and tribulations we plodded on carring the message, scorned and belittled by many who have now seen the light.

Oh great read, i couldn't have done any better myself.:bolt: :tup:

14. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    The only comp I see for us in getting to the Bowl is Jacksonville. They have a good defense but a so-so offense (kinda like Baltimore). Pitt looks like a shell of theirselves, For some reason we have Indy's number, Cincy no defense, Denver not this year. I alos think we should win 13 or even 14 games (with this schedule) and secure homefield throughout.