1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers only team with both....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bigcarson50, May 4, 2007.

1. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    offensive and defensive units ranked in top ten when ranking all units together. I don't like to read too much into this stuff by columnists, especially at this time of year, but it is somewhat interesting. It is also a really slow time of year.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10164800

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    diss still

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    am I the only one who thinks tha the raider defense before our defense is embarassing?

not to mention prisco is blowing Moss and the Patriots again <gag>

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The Raiders have one of those defenses that is rated real highly on paper--and I think a lot of it is because their offense was SO bad that their opposition just didn't play wide-open on offense against them. Their rating as a run-defense wasn't all that great and they had fewer passes thrown against them than anyone.

I'm definitely not sold on the Raiders defense. All they proved is that when they have the worst offense in the history of sports then their defense can place a respectable rating.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Crisco shows he knows nothing by saying Willhelm must play in well of Donnie or the Run D will suffer. Donnie was not a strength in run stopping. We will be a better run stopping unit with Willhelm. The question is will Willhelm show the coverage instincts that Donnie had?

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I think the Raider defense is really solid. They've drafted well on that side of the ball lately. Very good cover corners and well-coached by Rob Ryan. They gave us all kinds of trouble last season.

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I agree if we lose to them I will almost wish we had Marty back. (Flame ON).:unsure:

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    for all the bad things about Marty he was an absolute guarenteed Raider killer.

I think Norv will be as good though; after having to put up with their crap for two years you don't think Norv isn't thinking about kicking the **** out of them?

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yup. The Raiders do have a decent defense.

With respect to these stats, the most important to me is SCORING DEFENSE, then Rush defense then pass defense in that order.

If they do not score, we will win with our offense.

Our rushing and scoring defense slipped last year and we were juggling linebackers to field a starting unit at OLB.

And if Jamal goes down (as we seem to say every year).....the season is over. That sucks and yet nothing has been done.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    They gave us problems when we were banged up. Our only healthy receiver for that game was VJ. The Turds have a good D, but they don't concern me. We will put up 27+ points on them each time we play them this year.

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    they do have talent in Burgess, Morrison, Howard, Kelly, Asamougha and Huff and they're good as a defense but I don't think I'd put them in the top ten units period. That's pushing it a bit

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Excellent take! I hope all to heck you are Right!:bolt:

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    eh, not impressed with that ranking. fuq prisco

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Considering the way LT manages to shred them, I have to agree. If Norval actually manages to make good on the promise to mix in MT into the offense with LaDanian, then their defense won't be looking forward to being on the field, especially with a more seasoned Rivers and receiver corps.

15. D-Funk

D-Funk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Our D just got a whole lot better with Wilhelm, Weddle and Waters. F Uck Donnie. Im tired of seeing him dragged down the field.

16. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    "Player needed to make unit special: Corner Antonio Cromartie can become an elite corner. If he does, it will really help the pass coverage"

this is nice to hear