1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Open at 8-1 Odds to Win Super Bowl XLV

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I think they are being much too kind to the Chargers. They are currently held at the second most likely team to win the Super Bowl next year at 8-1. Colts are favorites at 7-1.

Link below only mentions three other teams, Saints at 9-1, Cheatriots at 10-1 and the long shot Rams at 150-1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4898311

I guess I can't think of other teams who should be ranked ahead of the Chargers... but my faith is admittedly bruised right now.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, I don't even want to talk odds on winning the SB right now, but I tell you this, if we just fix the few issues we have on this team we are going to be right there (winning the SB). I still believe this team is close. Real close. We will get it done in the next few years, I really believe it. Either that or I am just a blind optimist.....

3. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    We were probably 4-1 to win the week we lost to the Jets.

4. karter56

karter56 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Why must they hex us so soon?

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    We should be 1,000,000,000-1 odds or worse because SDKCFAN has already declared that the Chargers will never win a Super Bowl with Norv Turner, therefore it is already set in stone.

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Why would the colts be the favorites? THey have even more of a playoff choke history than the bolts!!! Plus the bolts>colts head to head!

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Their Super Bowl trophy says otherwise.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    No. Only that they didn't have to play SD because we choked first! That was once too. If we win sb next year but its the only time in say 12 years we didn't choke under rivers can you really say we aren't big chokers? I don't' think that will be a prop with us though.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    All I know is the Colts have a Super Bowl trophy and we don't so, as much as I hate them, I find it hard to say they've choked harder in the playoffs than we have.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have a hard time saying a playoff loss is a choke. Now what Buffalo did to houston back in the day when Frank Reich came back and beat them when they were down by a zillion points... That was a choke.

Simply losing a close game in the playoffs, now you are over using, and abusing the term...

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh but chargers losing to Jets pats jets in their first home playoff game? All 3 of those are major chokes!!! The way the colts lost to us 2 yrs in a row... they choked....

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Semantics

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Playoffs are a different season. There are no givens except one team will win and the other will lose...all teams in the playoffs are the cream of the league, but there will always be only one winner and one loser, and on any given Sunday.......

Manning is a great QB, but he is 9-9 in the playoffs with one ring. You guys don't consider Brady to be a great QB, but he is 14-4 in the playoffs with 3 rings. Who should make the HOF first, Manning or Brady?

I believe Rivers is a fine QB, but he has a dismal playoff record.

14. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I'll believe 8:1 odds when we acquire that "pound you in the ***" running back we've been missing since 2006.

15. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh but brady is a system QB just like Jay Cutler or Kurt Warner. You put any half decent QB on that team and they would have won 3 rings. Manning would have, RIvers would have. Same with Warner. He might be good but alot has to do with playing on teams with Amazing skill players. With the Rams he had TOrry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk Etc. WHen he got hurt Buldger Stepped in and played better than he had been after the talent started to drop off and faulk got old. Same with Brady. Either exceptional defense or he had one of the best receiving corp.'s ever with moss welker stallworth and co. Then A guy who hadn't started since HS stepped in and went 11-5. Same isn't true for the Colts. W/O manning they suck! Even with Brady they wouldn't be that good.

I bet TIm Tebow could do fine playing with that 07 Pats team...

16. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I agree with almost all of what you said except while not good, 4-5 isn't abysmal.

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_eek: