1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers out partying AGAIN the night before game...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    This has gotten ridiculous and I put this squarely on Norv. Marty would have, at a minimum, chewed some butts and maybe sat someone down for blatantly getting banged up the night before the game. I think the players also knew that they would have been risking seeing some bench time on a Marty team for repeatedly showing a lack of commitment to winning. I have no doubt this has contributed to our slow starts as the article suggests and it just freaking makes me SICK. Norv not even addressing this issue shows what a big pu$$y he is.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/14/chargers-s15guest-kansas-city-star/?chargers

Sleepwalking through games that you NEED TO WIN is how you end up allowing an NFL record for rushing yards as we did last year (also a game in which our boozing the night before was widely reported). I thought this was supposed to stop after several Chargers were caught out until the wee hours in South Beach the night before the Miami game.

I've been hard on Rivers....but I know that this one is not on him or LT....There are probably only a small handful of guys on this team now who actually know how to act like professionals on road trips.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'm sorry there's no way you can NOT blame this on Norv - this is coaching and discipline to a T and this crap never ever ever ever happened under Marty.

For this alone, I say Fire Norv!

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    FWIW, Norv just said attendance was 100% at the mandatory 8:30pm meeting Saturday and at bed check @ 11pm that night.

I don't doubt these guys were out boozin' Friday night, though.

(And yes B4L... we did have problems with guys partying under Marty)

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Bullshiit Ant. Guys were partying when Marty was here. Didn't you read the police blotter down there?

Difference was... guys were still prepared to play. This is a player problem and a lack of player leadership as much as anything.

Who controls the locker room when the coaches are gone? The players.

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    I just saw Norv say there is a friday night curfew too and they all met it. As they did saturday like u said.

I have heard from a good source that the ship Norv runs is in many ways more strict than the one Marty ran. Marty used have exceptions for big names unlike Norv.

This is being overplayed. Guys have to man up on sunday period and they are not. :icon_evil:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    this information is kinda sketchy as of now, I'll say that much.

But they did this the night before Miami as well, and look what happened. Let's also not pretend there wasn't discipline and consequences when players did this crap under Marty, there's little to none of that under Norv because they obviously keep doing it.

And a police blotter isn't the same thing as going out partying the night before a big game.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'd say the blotter is a pretty good indicator of guys doing the wrong thing (or at least being in the wrong place) at the wrong time.

This team has always been partying, Ant. Whether it's the night before a big game or not. Perhaps it's the lack of discipline by the HC, but probably not. More likely just a case of young guys wanting to rage.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You got young guys with loads of money in a very fun town full of hot women. Whadda you think they're gonna do? :icon_shrug:

This is way bigger than some partying. It's even bigger than just Norv. There's a plan here & it's not how to win a championship in SD.

Wanna know what's wrong w/LT? He got sold a load of **** by AJ & now realizes that's just what it was - ****.

AJ oughtta take a hint & pull a Carl Peterson. :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    the Miami partying is even sketchier than this.

a guy from the UT board said a (Dolphins fan) friend of his texted him saying the Bolts were going to lose because half the team was in his bar getting hammered. :icon_shrug: pretty solid sources.

10. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    when marty was here muddafuggas was getten shot by the popo's n sh.it. nigguz sippin on dat sizzerb. slangin it even. slamming roids in their asses. smacken hoes....

damn i miss those days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    At least we had some attitude, huh? :tup:

We haven't imposed our will on anyone except MAYBE NE this year. :tdown:

We need a thug. :icon_eek: :icon_tease:

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I understood half of this :no: :icon_tease:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Some of you can shuffle the cards anyway that makes you feel good but the first sentence of the article says it ALL... "The worst thing about the most embarrassing loss in the Carl Peterson era – a 22-21 miracle defeat to San Diego Sunday – is the Chargers had no interest in winning it."

Anyone who saw that game realizes that. Just in case you forgot, go to the game day thread and scroll back to what ALL of us were saying in the first three quarters.

Weather anything like this happened while Marty was in charge is irrelevant but if so, it didn't show. They were always prepared, wanted to win, believed they could beat anybody, and took nothing for granted.

Now they have no desire to even be there on Sunday, much rather win.

Bottom Line: They don't like Norv!!

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    i understood a 1/4 of it, you did better then me

and its not a matter of not like Norv B4L, young players like to go out and party, that's like breathing to most of them. What is wrong in the matter, and here is where Norv lands, is there's no concept of discipline or of following the rules (assuming there are any) or of actually striving to do your best.

What pisses me off about this the most is that everyone knew how important this game was to the Chargers season. Its simple math, one loss and your spending january at home. This is the LAST CHANCE to go nut up and play for your playoff life. And yet the players on this team thought so little of what they are doing, of this game, of this team and everything else that they went out and got drunk and parties the night before a hugely important game. That's such BS.

And yeah again if its true, and its still sketchy blah blah blah.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly. That's why I said "if anything like this happened while Marty was in charge is irrelevant." I'm sure the guys still went out partying but they were there on Sunday and they were there to win!

This is sketchy but I heard that last season, a cab driver in Minnesota claims that he was driving some Chargers players to a local club and they were talking about how they can't stand Norv.
    Now this could be a bull sh*t story but I don't have a hard time believing it.

16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    i was just saying that when Marty was here the players were doing cooler things like drunk driving, getting shot by the police, trafficking narcotics, getting busted for banned substances, and getting into verbal/physical disputes with women in downtown SD.

this seemed to fuel their spirit. they were ready to play on sunday. :flag:

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    HELLO!!!

This article was written by world famous Chef lover Charger hater Jason Whitlock. He has made it well known thru print and TV spots that he hates the Chargers. The facts never get in the way of his reporting.

This blurb has no factual basis and it was just a meager attempt to jab the Chargers in an article about the hapless Chefs.

It makes me laugh to think that you pollyannas are taking this seriously. :yes: :lol:

18. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202

thank you.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dude, why are you being a Norv Bash Kill?:icon_evil:

:lol: :icon_tease:

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE MIDWEST LATELY!!

:lol::lol::lol:

TOTALLY AGREE EXCEPT I THINK FIRING NORV WOULD BE A GOOD START

:tup:

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Look at the way we played yesterday.
    Regardless of who he is, how can he be proven wrong?

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Shaddup you limp dicked octagenarian. Don't take your flaccidity out on Norv. :icon_twisted:

23. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    We looked like **** yesterday for 3 1/2 quarters.

In my opinion Norv is the reason why we have been such a disappointment.

However, to use an unsubstantiated piece of trash from a biased Kansas City reporter to fuel the previous two statements is chicken ****. :yes:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Even if what the guy is saying is a bullsh*t story... they certainly looked like they had no desire to win. Up until the last three minutes.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    No one's disputing this.

That's been the case in almost every game this year.

Some posters from this and other boards told us long ago this team was full of partying MoFo's.

The head coach has some responsibility to act. But it's truly a locker room issue more than anything. The coach can punish you all he wants, but if players confront players it's a much more powerful message.

This team lacks strong player leadership _ IN THE LOCKER ROOM.

26. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Totally agree.....I think..

:lol: :icon_tease:

Norval believes in peace and fuzzy animals.:tdown:

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Ahhh... I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease:

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm with Drunk on this one tho'...

...these punks need to get creative with their partying.

I'm thinking "sex tape" or something like that. Maybe our cheerleaders can get hammered in the Tampa bar this weekend and get down with each other like those Panthers cheerleaders a few years ago. Now THAT is something Norv would certainly want to take credit for. :yes:

29. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    NOW were talkin!

30. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

:icon_eek: