1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Passing Game... Add another Receiver? Who? Trade Deadline?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 18, 2009.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    WIth things going poorly on Defense and on O line and running the ball, the chargers passing game has been the only thing keeping them in games!! It has been the second best behind IND and the 3 time mvp Manning... Anyway, Rivers is having a phenominal year considering the circumstances. Putting up top notch stats despite no run game, and no protection at all. On top of that he only has 1 receiver and of course Antonio Gates. The way Rivers is playing as a 1 man team, If he got some another good or perhaps great receiver he would could have a record breaking year and a passing game rivaling the 07 patriots. With may holes in Defense and O line getting 1 more good or great receiver could make the offense unstopable, able to put up 28 points in a Quarter. WIth the trade deadline days away, this might be the best chance to make a superbowl run this year. No matter how pourus our defense is if rivers can just chuck TD's and make ton's of completions, We will be able to do great against any D. He already torched baltimore and Pittsburgh who have great D's. I say get another receiver, like a slot guy or another big play guy and The chargers will be that offensive Passing Jaugernaut no one wants to play! We could deal sproles(since he will likely leave 4 money) and chambers! What WR could we trade 4 to become a jaugernaut? TO(ewww)? Santana Moss? Brandon Marshall(maybe 4 Merriman)? Dwane Bowe? Calvin Johnson?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    The passing game is the only part of the team that doesn't need help so why should that be what we trade for?

The WRs behind VJ aren't superstars but they're still getting the job done as a unit.

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think you should stick to analyzing how much Norv sucks.

4. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I appreciate your creativity but if you think that the Chargers are going to trade Merriman or Sproles to a division rival you must be nuts....The Lions are NOT going to trade Calvin Johnson for anything short of a Herchell Walker type deal. The WR corp is fine right now, if we trade for anybody it should be for help in the trenches. Everything else can be added through the draft/FA. Unless we improve defensively it doesn't matter if we bring in any of the WR's you mentioned we still won't be a playoff caliber team--bank it.

5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh but merriman will cost too much or leave anyway... Sproles may too. I didn't say the Calvin Johnson or Marshall trade would ever happen. It would be sick though? We'd get better getting Marshall than the Broncos would getting anyone.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Our problems are along the line.

so, no. we do not need another wr.

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Can some one interpet this for me.:icon_shrug:

This has to be the longest sentence I've ever seen. :yes:

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Rivers is awesome but he only has two good targets so we need to trade Merriman, Sproles, and/or Chambers for another WR.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Thank's Leo. :tup:

You save me from reading another post from a dumbass. :icon_rofl:

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Why would we add another receiver? Passing game is at least working well

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Because if it were just a little better we probably wouldn't have lost those games, at least baltimore game...

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Rivers threw for 436 yards against the Ravens.

What they needed in that game was a head coach who would trust his QB who's thrown for 436 yards on the day with the game on the line instead of running up the gut with his 5'6" RB against a team that hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 years.

13. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11

listen man put down the xbox 360 contoller and eject madden '10 from the system asap...we are not trading ANY one for a WR before the deadline... My chances of scoring a date with Megan Fox are better than this.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_rofl:

15. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Wow I was thinking the same thing!

16. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

another WR? are you guys nuts....I really hope you guys can see that our Offense is not the problem, we need BEEF on both lines, we can trade merriman, thats fine but we need Line help not another WR!!!!!!!!!!:icon_shrug:

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Just to be clear, I do not agree with the original poster. I was merely clarifying what he said in the long winded run-on sentence.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I understood that, maybe it's because I read the entire thread :icon_shrug:

EDIT : PS no trading for another WR, a NT yes, but not a WR

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I thought the original poster was taking the piss. Then I thought jaysus this lad is serious. His suggestion is preposterous. :icon_rofl:

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I do not think that we need a little bit more help with the WR's ranks.

WE need the BIG BEEF BEEFY BEEF on the O-Line. :tup:
    That will solve a lot of problems offensively.

• Like Like x 1
  21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Uh... no. That was defense and playcalling.