1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers pitch in to help

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    Wednesday, Oct 24, 2007
    By Casey Pearce, Chargers.com

As is custom during the season, Chargers players had the day off Tuesday, but like usual, a few of them chose to dedicate their free time to helping others.
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>Safety Clinton Hart spent most of his day at Qualcomm Stadium where thousands of people have made temporary homes while wildfires continue to sweep through <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:pLACE><ST1:pLACENAME>San Diego</ST1:pLACENAME> <ST1:pLACETYPE>County</ST1:pLACETYPE></ST1:pLACE>. Hart helped distribute food, water and supplies to those supplanted from their homes. He also dished out smiles and hugs and signed countless autographs.
    <O:p></O:p>“It was good to see people keeping their chins up and staying positive through a tough time,” Hart said. “I wanted to go down there and encourage people. I spent a lot of time talking to people who were away from the crowds and hanging out by themselves. I had some really good conversations.”
    <O:p></O:p>Hart also spent several hours at Qualcomm Stadium Monday night. He was so encouraged by the hundreds of fellow volunteers that gave their time to helping others that he decided to go back Tuesday.
    <O:p></O:p>“Everything was really organized down there,” Hart said. “It felt really good to see people coming together and helping each other. That’s what it’s all about, helping your brothers and sisters in times of need.”
    <O:p></O:p>Chargers Director of Player Outreach Dick Lewis and much of the team’s security staff also spent Monday night at Qualcomm and returned Tuesday evening. The group took toys for the children and passed out fruit and water. Lewis was taking a saxophone player from his “Time Out Band” Tuesday to perform for those gathered.
    <O:p></O:p>“The most important thing we can do right now is help each other,” Lewis said. “I just want to see people smile.”
    <O:p></O:p>Several other Chargers spent the day with their families before departing for <ST1:CITY><ST1:pLACE>Phoenix</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY> Tuesday evening. The team was scheduled to arrive around <ST1:TIME minute="30" hour="19">7:30 p.m.</ST1:TIME> The Bolts will hold their first practice of the week Wednesday afternoon at the Arizona Cardinals’ practice facility. <O:p></O:p>
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    The antiVicks.
  3. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Jul 22, 2007
    I heard LT was giving free rides in his Bentley.

Rancho Santa Fe & Carmel Valley residents had to pay a dollar.

Oldie Out