1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers place Binn on Reserve

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Sep 15, 2010.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Noooooooooo.

From Chargers.com

SAN DIEGO – San Diego placed long snapper David Binn on Reserve-Injured on Wednesday due to a hamstring injury. The longest-tenured Charger will miss the rest of the season. Binn played in 256 of the last 257 regular-season games San Diego has played and all 12 of its playoff games dating back to his rookie season in 1994.

The Chargers signed James Dearth to replace Binn on the 53-man roster.

Dearth doesn’t have 17 NFL seasons, but he does have plenty of experience. He played every game for the New York Jets from 2001-09 and was on the field at Qualcomm Stadium during the Divisional Playoffs on Jan. 17.

Dearth was a free agent after last season as Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan said the organization wanted to get younger players to be economical where possible. Dearth spent time with the Washington Redskins in August, but did not make the final 53-man roster.

2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    yeah, this sucks.

He's a good one.

3. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Thats tough on Binn, a great servant through the years

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what do you suppose is going through Nate "I miss kicks in the playoffs" Keading's head ???

:lol:

Paging CoronaDoug!

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    WOW!!!!!!

I sure as hell this does not affect our punting, field goal or extra point attempts. We have not had a bad snap in a long time for a reason, Binn is the best!!!!!!

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Last year I adopted Merriman, this year I adopted Binn, I will not put the kiss of death on anyone more, unless I can put it on Norv.

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Great.. now you are giving everyone an excuse. :lol:

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    And you thought the Special Teams was bad on Money, Crosby better be working overtime to fix it.

9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Dang. There goes the argument that 'At least we didn't get anyone hurt in the opener.'

Bummer for Binn. We will not know until after the season or after a major mistake if it is a major or minor bummer for the Chargers.