1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers' poor start is on Turner, staff

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Oct 11, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We need mother effing BEEF.

This team is going to circle the toilet until we get the trenches right. The d-line is a effing joke. Reggie Bush ran all over us yesterday. The O-Tackles are crap. Crosby is crap. The attitude on the team is crap. Merriman is walking crap.

Flush this season already.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    This we agree, and have always agreed on. Until out lines get better, this team will not be a championship team. As long as we are passing on stud OT's to get backup OLB's, we will struggle

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    And what gets me even madder is some fan will say because Rivers threw for 400 yards our lines are fine. That is the kind of person which dominates forum boards generally. Morons.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It's special teams and turnovers/mental mistakes

the former is on steve crosby
    the latter is on norv turner

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. Just the fact that he is throwing it for 400 yards regularly, is a problem. When teams have to throw the ball 40-50 times, there are major problems, some of which are offensive problems. This line is terrible, they were terrible last year, and have steadily gotten worse and worse over the last 4 years.

People fail to realize that when out team went from terrible to a top team, which was in 04, we went from 4-12 to 12-4, that year, Drew Brees went from a terrible QB to a pro-bowler, why? We replaced all 5 of our offensive linemen. We drafted Shane Olivea and Nick Hardwick. Traded for Roman Oben, signed Goff as a free agent, and pushed Dielman into the starting lineup. Once we had a great line, the team got better. Now our line has steadily gotten worse, and the teams has been getting worse.

We need to trade VJ and get a quality linemen, on either side of the ball, and spend this years draft picks shoring up the line so that terrible players like Clary and Dombrowski aren't in the starting lineup.

7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I agree that we should not look at passing yards and say that our lines are fine. They need to be improved and you could have said that for many years now. However, I do think that the stats and the performances have shown us that if we can just do the fundamentals right (ST and hold the damn ball) then we can be a good team.

But losing 3 games against these five teams? Pathetic and unacceptable.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The fundamentals will ensure us wins against bad teams, which is what we have played so far. They do not ensure victories against good teams

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Pass blocking good most of the time. Run blocking bad most of the time......:mad:

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Isn't that the same thing we saw the last 2 years, although LT got all the blame? (not saying he didn't deserve a small part of the blame, just not 100% like most put on him)

11. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Can you believe we are here? We arent even talking about battling it out with the elites in the playoffs anymore, we are talking about losing to the Raiders during regular season and being 2-3 yet again.

I'd actually say it's less coaching staff and more to do with personnel. This team is not as talented as people claim around here. When Norv inherited a good team he won games. Our depth is thin.

I'm not sure how we blame the ST's coach either. He's been here since the Marty days. If we loved ST's before things shouldnt have changed with the same coach. The only thing that changed there is the players.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    As much as I mostly agree, we are 13th in the league for average yards per carry @ 4.3. Our projected #1 back is averaging 5.1 YPC. I'd like to see where we stand with him running it full time. I'd tend to be more concerned about our defense right now but even that is hard to figure out because of the injuries we have (and suspension). We can't seem to have teh same 11 players on the field at the same time for quite a while now. Can the OL be better? Absolutely but we are scoring the points. Just not enough to make up for or D lately and especially ST.