1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers postgame show

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Oct 11, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Source: <a href="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/10/11/sports/professional/chargers/101005223844.txt" target="_blank">North County Times</a>

By: JAY PARIS

KEY STAT: 14 Number of losses in 28 MNF games

TURNING POINT

When LaDainian Tomlinson was stopped on his two-point conversion run with 4:45 to play, it opened the door for the Steelers to win it on a Jeff Reed's 40-yard field goal.

NEXT GAME

+ at Oakland Raiders

+ 1:15 p.m., Sunday

QUOTABLE

"The offense put us in a postion to win and we couldn't finish it.'' ---- LB Randall Godfrey on the defense falling on the final drive.

WHO'S HOT

Ben Roethlisberger

After watching Eli Manning and Big Ben, Philip Rivers better be something special.

WHO'S NOT

Chargers secondary

Jammer, Florence and Davis play like Groucho, Harpo and Chico.

INJURY REPORT

+ RT Shane Olivea

knee

+ CB Drayton Florence

ankle

What about 1994?

The Chargers drew attention to the scoreboard when showing Antonio Gates scoring a touchdown in last year's AFC West clinching victory over the Browns.

It was announced it was the team's first AFC West title since 1981.

Coach Bobby Ross, who directed the '92 team to the AFC West championship, would be surprised to hear Monday's statement.

Merriman, oh man

Shawn Merriman had his first NFL sack and forced fumble on one play late in the first quarter. He also tipped a pass when supplying pressure in the third quarter.

Merriman, the team's top pick, continues to play with more frequency and might have turned a corner in his career on Monday night.

Crowded house

The Steelers always bring a load of fans, and Monday night was no different. Along with the Chargers faithful, the crowd was announced at 68,537 a Chargers home record.

The previous mark was 68,274 set against the Green Bay Packers on Oct. 24, 1999.

Sorry about that

DE Luis Castillo was downcast about possibly hurting Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger when striking him in his left knee late in the game.

"I heard him yell,'' Castillo said. "I feell terrible; I felt his knee hit my shoulder. You want to go out and knock people out but you never want to see someone get hurt.''

Added coach Bill Cowher: "It look bad from what I saw on the screen."