1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Pro Bowl selections

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    [​IMG]
    @sdutChargersS.D. U-T Chargers
    Weddle, Gates and Rivers selected to ProBowl. Jackson (1st), Mathews (2nd), Hardwick (3rd) are alternates. --annie

Rivers' children must've done some ballot stuffing. ;)

2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Wow. Never would have thought Rivers would go with all the picks he was throwing during crunch Pro Bowl time.
    Wait..what's that sound outside? Never mind, just Tebow fans lighting themselves on fire cause he's only an alternate..

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    ^Lol

I don't know how to feel about Philip Rivers getting in over Tim Tebow.

4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Rivers is 10x the qb Tebow will ever be. That's how I feel. Imagine if the Broncos defense hadn't kept them in games
    the whole year...we wouldn't be using Tebow and Probowl in the same sentence...'nuff said.

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    None of them deserve it.

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    The Pro Bowl is the equivalent of giving out gold stars in grade school........ it really doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    ALL STARS

Remember that when referring to the pro bowl and it will make more sense.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Too bad they won't publish the player and coaches vote--that'd be a little less 'what did you do for me last year?'

9. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I can't even remember the last year I watched a Pro Bowl!:confused: :sleep:

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    you will this year when BB and PR decline and 2nd alternate Tim Tebow makes it ;)

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Frankly, I'm more interested to hear which cheerleaders made it. ;)

12. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    ^Lauren O.

[​IMG]

13. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378

hahahahahaahaa, what a deadset joke that is ............

I'd be embarrassed to accept that nomination.

Hardwick ???? ..............has every other Center declined or what ?

14. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Pro Bowl typically is one year delayed from actually being deserved - along with certain guys that will make it regardless because of the clout that comes with being "name" players and the ones who we are constantly reminded every time their team plays that they are "Future HOF'ers". So yes, popularity contest, but then the league really doesn't want it to be any different - the league's main goal isn't to recognize the top players for the season (that's what the All-Pro teams are for), but rather to ensure that they can get another marketable game out of the players, that they can then sell to a network and the network can sell advertising space during. That's why they effectively set it up so that the fans can pick "who they want to see play together" since it's likely the only time outside of Madden they'll ever get to see it, in reality.

Seymour making it this year is a complete joke, but he also beasted last year and I think got snubbed as only an alternate.
    Weddle deserves to make it for his play this season, and I was worried he was going to get snubbed because A) Ed Reed is a lock even if he gets injured or pulls a Plaxico, and B) George Wilson from Buffalo had just an amazing season, deserving of a Pro Bowl nod and could have had a case over the likes of Weddle or Tyvon Branch (and should have had a case over Reed).

Stafford got snubbed (and the Lions fans over on my site are in the process of having a collective coronary over it!), but that's kind of what he's going to have to get used to so long as he's playing in the same conference with Rodgers and Brees (who are as much of a collective lock for the top 2 vote-getting spots annually unless injured or until they retire, the same as Peyton and Brady are). And well... Eli plays in a bigger market and he's a Manning... I hate the guy but it's not like he didn't at least have a good year, better than his normal standards.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Good point and another that warms my heart in the glow of the flaming Tebowites....

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    At the same time, with Peyton and Schaub injured... what QB really would me more deserving that Rivers? He's got 2700 yds and twice as many TD's as Tebow. Ben and Brady both made it ahead of Rivers in the voting. Hasselbeck's been up and down all season. Sanchez has been pretty garbage. Fitzpatrick tapered off towards the end (it was really a race between him and Rivers - and Rivers had more name recognition and a bigger market draw). Flacco is having a down year - which even his "up" year is pretty average in terms of QB play. Maybe Andy Dalton but while he's played exceedingly well for a rookie, his stats in most categories are still pretty much right there with Rivers (he's just thrown less INT's I believe).

To put things in perspective... Eli had one of his Top 2 best seasons this year and made the PB (cases could be made for that 3rd spot for him, Romo, and Stafford equally) and it was still pretty much on par statistically with what Rivers put up in this one of his two worst seasons (if not his worst entirely).

Was Rivers one of the Top 6 QB's in the league this year? Hell no. Was he one of the Top 3 QB's in the conference? You could definitely make a strong case for it because the conference as a whole had a down year, unless we're counting Brady and to a lesser extent Roethlesberger.

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    For sure he was one of the top 3 QBs in the AFC--once Schaub went on IR.
    I've heard that Tebow was 3rd in fan voting. So he dropped a bit once the coaches and players weighed in, and I assume the coaches and players voted Rivers into that spot. He may have lead the AFC in ints but he was 2nd in yds and TD passes. Schaub is the only other QB who belongs in the conversation, but when you go out in week 11, that pretty much screws your chances.

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    in the last 35 years combined I think I have watched a grand total of 25 minutes of that game.

• Like Like x 2
  19. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Weddle does, he's had a very strong year and was the only person on the team I could have imagined going at all.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Weddle definitely deserves it, he has backed up his contract by coming out with the best year of his career.

He's probably the only one on our team who truly deserves to be there.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Honestly, I dont think Rivers deserves to be there this season. His play was not pro bowl level for what 13 games... I have for many years ignored the pro bowl because it is really just the popularity bowl.

I like Rivers, but he is not there this season.

• Like Like x 1
  22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I agree it's not a season one would think of as Pro Bowl, but there aren't 3 better QBs in the AFC.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Who won Miss Congeniality? :p

24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Quentin Jammer.

25. Boss2841p

Boss2841p BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Tebow only recorded wins against sub-par teams. What real QB did he beat? The Broncos were destroyed by every good team they played: Detriot, New England, Buffalo. The only good QB he beat was Rivers, and at the time Rivers was in super funk mode. Tebow should not even be an alternate. Please dont say that Sanchez is a good QB...

26. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Well, QBs don't play against QBs.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]
    SDchargersdude Christopher Smith

Rivers reiterates not super thrilled at Pro Bowl bc disappointed in effort by team, himself. But happy to get respect from peers.

28. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    ARGGHHHH!!!! I have already mentally blocked it out! Sweet Jesus.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I watched last year.

[​IMG]

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Its photoshopped!

j/k ;)