1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers put AFC on notice with win over Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b0dbd2&template=with-video&confirm=true

• Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The offense is a monster. The D needs to improve it's consistency and the Special Teams need to practice, practice, practice.

3. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Think about the Patriots as a benchmark, and not a quality benchmark I might add. The Pat's D held the Jets to 10 points! Based on last week against the Dolphins we can extrapolate that the NE defense is a shell of it's former self, for whatever reason. That being said, the Jets scored 29 points on the Chargers. I think that is a legit cause for concern.

The Jets aren't good.

My buddy at work told me to bet my kids' college fund on the Chargers. You guys are better than the Pats right now, but I wouldn't call the offense a monster just yet.

Indy will bounce back, though it truly pains me to say that.

Either way, Dallas or the Giants will castrate the AFC team that makes it to the Super Bowl. I'd rather poke myself in the eye than type that again. I hate the NFC(other than the Redskins, since my wife is a lifelong Washington fan).

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Ouch. And I'm not even a guy!

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    FU MARTY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    As much as well all enjoy your rational when the Chargers were losing, and when we win you come over here and act like we arent who we are cause your pissed that your golden boy is gone and your team will be lucky to finish .500 based on their performance AT HOME against the Dolphins. And that shows by this hillarious post here in bold let me point them out for you.

29 points is a legitimate cause for concern? They also gave up 291 kick return yards. I think the Jets had 3 scoring drives of less than 30 yards and an INT returned for a TD. Not to mention we had 3 INT's, 3 Sacks, a FF and Recovery, and a defensive TD. I am pretty sure that our defense embarrased the Jets but the ST kept them even remotely close.

Hmmm, something tells me that averaging 36.7 points a game states the offense is a monster. I am also pretty sure we are scoring this much without LT as well as he has not contributed hardly at all this year.

The Giants? You must be kidding? Are we talking about the same Giants that had a hard time beating Cincinnati at home, or scoring against an embarassing Cincinnati defense. Not mention giving up 23 points and almost 400 yards in offense? Should that be cause for concern?

Lets look at Dallas..This I believe is the same Dallas team that gave up 37 to the Eagles last Monday night. But scored 41 to win and would have lost if werent for DeSean Jackson's retarded move.

I always enjoy your comments when we win, and then when we lose. You seem to come in here supportive when we lose then when we win you want to come in here and bring everyone down with this uneducated post.

7. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    First, and most importantly, I'm trying to be slightly objective. I'm not jumping all over the various posts on the forum and acting like the "harbinger of death." I won't reply to every cheery post and talk trash. The title of this thread warranted a post, at least in my eyes.

I said you would beat the Jets last week.

You should beat the Jets because they are BAD and Brett Favre isn't the answer to their problems.

You shouldn't use a lopsided victory over a team you expect to trounce as a "notice" to the AFC, that's all I'm saying.

Hell, I even said your team is better than mine. Sorry I wouldn't lock hands and sing Kum-by-ah with everyone, that just isn't my style.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

Beerguy, our defense didn't give up 29 points. Special teams sucked, but that is easily corrected, we have too many young athletes on this team to make this an ongoing problem.

Another thing, the Broncos and Panthers are both pretty good, much better than people thought. That is why the whole strength of schedule thing needs to be taken with a grain of salt every year.

Sorry, but we DID give notice that the Chargers are back in the picture for AFC supremacy. You can pick apart EVERY team in the NFL at this early juncture. Look at Dallas' defense as an example. Or Denver's for that matter. Every team has flaws.

• Like Like x 2
  9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976

Very well put!

11. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I agree.

I also wasn't glued to the t.v. so I didn't see the whole game.

I'm not saying you won't rise to the top of the heap. I am saying that for a 1 & 2 team that just beat up on a BAD Jets team you are making a huge mental leap. That's fine by me, but if it were me I wouldn't be so quick to crown myself King.

Miami may be for real. NE made them look much better than they are, but they could be good.

Indy can't stay dormant forever. You'll need to get past them.

Pittsburgh may be the most balanced team in the AFC. If you face them while they are healthy that will be a real test.

The AFC is so wide open now that it's scary. It isn't just that NE is in trouble, everyone seems to be stepping up. It's going to be an exciting season for everyone, which is good for the league.

God forbid Buffalo is legit and people will need to go through there in the playoffs.

Indy's new stadium is so quiet that I'd welcome a game there in the playoffs these days.

Here are your potential speed bumps:

Miami
    NE (c'mon, give me a break, I have to route for them:icon_shrug:)
    Buffalo
    New Orleans
    Pittsburgh
    Indy
    Denver

I say you finish 12-4.

I currently have the Pats lucky to finish at 8-8, missing the playoffs.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Hey Beerguy... good to see u stopping by again!. I thought we'd go 13 and 3 but after the 0 and 2 start your 12 and 4 prediction might be a tad optimistic. Having said that we could be 3 and 0 notwithstanding how poor our D has been. OK we saw some improvement mon nite. But Cro dropping the ball kinda somes up how the D is not playing aswell as it might.
    :tup:

13. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    The AFC should put the Jets on Notice because they stink

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The Broncos had some good luck and that is the difference between 1-2.

Chargers have had some bad luck and that is the difference between 2-1.

If you are amped because you have gotten some blown calls your way, or a few lucky plays, good for you. But your team will start losing some of those close game because your play is not improving. The Chargers play is.:yes:

15. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Yea putting up 38 points a game is luck i tell ya that :yes:

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Conc, debating with this Donkofan is like fighting an unarmed man. The entire league, his mother, his wife and Shanahan himself could tell this fool that their 3-0 mark could just as easily be 1-2 and he still wouldn't admit it. Let's see what happens if the luck begins to balance and Denver struggles. My money would be on this dimwit disappearing like a thief in the night :icon_rofl:

17. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    What luck?The luck when Marshall had 18 catches the luck that Cutler had when he threw a TD and 2 point Cov to win the game the luck that Our O is the best in the NFL.What luck are you talking about my Friend?

18. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Having a fumble not called when the NFL itself admits...IT WAS A HORRIFICALLY BLOWN CALL. Having an INT called on a pass that Chambers was already in possession of and DOWN BY CONTACT with his elbow. Against the Saints, having your opponents coach gamble on 4th down instead of taking the sure three from the one. Having the same team team miss 2 field goals and again get screwed on an offsides not called on a crucial 3rd down.

Terrell Davis himself said that the Chargers SHOULD, not COULD but SHOULD be 3-0 and the Broncos could easily be 1-2. Terrell Davis was Bronco (remember) and even he admits the travesty dealt to the Chargers. Apparently you're still bitter over the last three beat downs your Donkies were dealt by the Bolts and too blinded by ignorance to admit the truth.

19. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    You should shut the **** up and go **** yourself :yes:. I hate denver and their fans so much....except chad peters he's cool. It's been a ****ing week stop gloating about your tainted victory. Your such a douchebag.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    DONKEY LOVER!!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::icon_rofl:

PS There is a job for you in Tijuana!!!!!!!

21. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

lol, ya the same luck that you needed 6 downs to score. lol, you gloat about beating us at home, with us missing Merriman, McNeil, Cooper, and get 2 horrifically blown calls go your way and it still took you to the last second to beat us. Cant wait till our game in December when we embarass you at our place.

22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Comparing 2 different teams based on how they performed against one team is kind of stupid.

The opposing team could have a different gameplan, players from their team could have a great game or mistakes could alter an outcome.

Does anyone really think the Dolphins are that much better than the Patriots?

Using your logic the Patriots are worse than the Jets because the Dolphins lost to the Jets and the Dolphins crushed the Pats, but that doesn't make sense since the Pats beat the Jets.

Dolphins also lost to the Cardinals, does that mean the Cardinals are a better team than the Pats?

23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    You can't be this blind, right?:no: tell me you're just running smack but secretly you thank fast Eddie for bailing you boy out of a stupid *** mistake

P.S. Cutler, bad pass by Cutler, way behind the receiver :icon_tease:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm certainly not ready to begin crowing or serving notice but I do think that we're headed in the right direction. The first win is behind us. Next we embarrass Oakland, then play a revived Miami. If the football gods are done having their fun with us, we'll be 3-2. I think we'll get to 7 or 8-2 before we pick up our 3rd loss. Pittsburgh or Indy may trip us.

BeerGuy - stick to beer. At least there you seem to have fairly good taste. :icon_tease:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Dirk Diggler likes jello Jigglers...

Film at eleven...

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Gloat, beer dude, at least we haven't been blown out by a very bad team yet, has yours? :icon_eek:

27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    HELP!

How is saying your team is better than my team & that MY team will finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs gloating?:icon_huh:

Your team is 1-2 and my team is 2-1 so I guess I could "gloat" if I really wanted to, but that would be dumb.

My team hasn't been blown out by a bad team, they've been blown out by a decidedly uncharacteristic Dolphins squad. I'll be real interested to see how the Phins build on their new found momentum.

If anyone is "gloating" it's SD fans on this forum. I get it, it's a forum dedicated to SD so this all makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense, outside this forum, is that you're 1-2 with a win over a B-A-D Jets team and your preparing for the Super Bowl. I'm personally not that comfortable making that mental leap just yet. That's all I'm saying.

You're 2 games behind Denver in your own Division and behind Buffalo, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Tennessee in the rest of the AFC. Be careful who you're ***** slapping now because it may come back to haunt you. That's all I'm saying.......

28. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    This team is capable of winning a championship - getting there is not so simple but it is a possibility. As fans, we always hear "do you have a ring?" "where's your ring?" "nothing matters without a ring" - well guess what - WE WANT A RING and we have a team that can go get one.

- Our offense is playing solid ball and we know our D and ST can do the same.

- We're in the 1st quarter of the season - it's like being in the 1st quarter of a game - even when the Bolts are down by 2 TD's I'm not worried because I know the journey is far from over. This team knows how to FINISH.

- We've seen it before and we're seeing it again now - as the season goes on this team improves. Considering the amount of offseason surgeries and major injuries to marquee players having a slow start isn't exactly unexpected.

- We are fortunate to have a team which doesn't have to rely on one or two players to get things done. We have depth at most of our positions and we have AJ. I used to doubt some of his decisions but the man is a genius and so is his staff. We have young and veteran players who can and do step up when they get the call. Hello Indy?

WTF is this ***** slapping coming back to haunt us crap? Whatever dude! Having confidence in our team and their ability to succeed is part of being a fan. The rest of the league may not see it, ESPN may not want to report it, the refs may try to prevent it but this team is damn good. I don't go into any game expecting our boys to lose. It won't always be easy, it won't always be pretty but we have a solid chance to win every single game we play. Period. This isn't about being overly confident or talking down other teams - it just is what it is. :yes:

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Read through this thread. Been years and a different hemisphere since I've seen a donkey show.