1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers - Rams at impasse...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Wow, what a surprise.

3. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Stan gonna drag this out until 11 hour, when Spanos has to either sign Qualcomm lease for 2016 or not.

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    ^^^ I don't think that it is Stan that is doing the dragging...

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Stan has absolutely no reason whatsoever to be gracious to offer the Spanoses any kind of a sweetheart deal and if anything, he will be mixing in all kind of poison pills because:

- He has the numero uno team in LA
    - He doesn't need Spanoses money (he has FU money which Spanos does not)
    - Spanos team is not wanted in LA
    - A half empty Inglewood stadium in the week when the Spanos team is hosting does not look good for his stadium
    - He doesn't like Spanoses

In closing, he has offered to make Spanos his biatch and it is Spanos who is dragging and the only reason he is still considering LA is because he wants to c*ck block other teams from moving to where he considers as where he has earned!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Kroenke will make "partnership" too expensive for the Spanos family and the tenant option will be very unattractive as well. In short....Dean is screwed. As I have said in another post somewhere on this forum, he needs to realistically discuss his options with the civic leaders in San Diego. The Chargers ownership is too poor (in NFL terms) and too small time to properly compete in the LA market. Time to play "Let's Make A Deal" in San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    I agree with most of this, Blitzy...

but it also seems obvious that the NFL forced Kroenke to offer to share his stadium with the Chargers
    as a condition for him getting approval on the Inglewood project.

The $64,000 Question is whether that condition has teeth: does the fine print dictate that he has to
    really bargain in good faith, and genuinely be open to making the Chargers decent offers
    (I hope not, since I want my Chargers to remain in the city that has supported them for over half a century),
    or is it vague enough that he can just make lousy unappealing offers that no one would ever take?

9. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Oh absolutely the NFL tried to fuse these two together as NFL always seems to think to know what is best! I personally think that the whole thing revolves around that 25% claim from Spanos which Dean will be both compromised and marginalized on that claim too!

The moral of the story: little wittle chubby hand reared gold fish ought not swim in shark infested waters ;)

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Actually, I doubt the NFL did try "...to fuse these two together,"
    I'm guessing that they bought off the owners who were going to vote for Carson by saying
    "In exchange for ditching Carson, we'll force Kroenke to offer a place for the Chargers or Raiders in Inglewood..."

but offering the Chargers an extra 100 million to get a stadium done in San Diego suggests that
    they really prefer the Rams in L.A. and the Chargers in San Diego...two great Super Bowl destinations, too.

11. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    That really depends on whether you view the NFL as a single entity or the collective of the 32 "Dons" being managed by a selected arbiter. By all accounts (Dean was as white a sheet story) the head of the Chargers Organization was so badly blind sighted after his impassion ate plea for the financial "survival" of his family that the NFL cabal felt compelled to present him with two viable options. In my personal opinion and judging from Dean's past performances when faced with a fork in the road, I have total confidence in my belief that he will totally farque up both of those viable options by dragging his feet as he has always done. I will not be surprised at all if he stays in SD for the 2016 season and at the same time loses a SD City vote initiative on a (partly) publicly funded stadium in SD!

Dean has a very limited window of opportunity to commit himself (figuratively speaking) and run with that decision. If he wants a stadium in SD, he better start acting like it RIGHT NOW because I will tell you that he has many detractors in the average folk contingent who are amassing by the day. As for the fat cat billionaires and the hoteliers in DT, well; no one likes the Spanoses in that contingent either!

My personal feeling is that Dean will take a Kroenke deal and bolt out, be cause he has always demonstrated that he is that consummate craven CEO! He will go for that immediate gratification and increase in the valuation of his football club, as he has never had the fire for the fight in his soft belly. Don't be surprised if the NFL announces a deal between Kroenke and Spanos during this Bye week ;)

12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    The NFL made Kroenke submit a fair and equitable proposal for sharing Inglewood stadium the week before the vote. They are holding Kroenke to the basics of that deal with the Chargers and are also stating that all future deals to get Super Bowls, Pro Bowls, etc... will be determined off his fair negotiations with the Chargers/Raiders. So yes, there is teeth in the deal if Kroenke tries to screw with the Chargers. That being said, the Chargers will still be a tenant in a stadium they have no ownership in and there is a cap in the amount of money they can make that is not there if they were part owners of a stadium of their own. One way or another we'll know in a couple weeks as Dean has to opt out of the Q by mid February.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Easy explanation for the impasse is that Stan's sole offer to Dean is akin to "I'll take everything you know and love away from you, you will pay me for that privilege and in addition you will blow me".

The question is whether the boost for the Chargers net worth is sufficient for Dean to get on his knees to Kroenke

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Are you worried your dreams of switching to the Slobber and Crack are in danger? ;)

15. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    The mother f*cker need to make up his f*cken mind already....sh*t or get off the pot....I don't wanna go through another year of this bullshit.:poop::poop::poop::poop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I get you, it must be straining your hand to hit shift and asterisks so frequently... ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Read into this what you will, but I just saw this on FaceBorg

[​IMG]

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Looking at their website I dont see San Diego with the graphics, but I dont know if they were there before or not.

19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    They removed the San Diego from their website logo during the beginning of negotiations, (even before the Rams threw their interest in L.A.)

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Season ticket renewals are soon. I'll bet we have some kind of answer by the end of Feb at the latest.

21. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    We will see

22. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Yet another Spanos Jedi mindf*ck.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

Is it a big deal? No, it's minor at best.
    Is it a symbol of the organization? Yeah
    Does it mean something to fans? Definitely

At least the Rams had the decency to wait until they were officially allowed to move to take the "st Louis" off their names/logos/etc. It just seems again like the move of an owner and a franchise that will take 60 years of history in San Diego and flush it down the toilet for the sake of a move to LA even as second fiddle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sorry but I have to laugh at this...

What history is flushed down the toilet? None. The record books do not start over, just like they did not when they moved from LA to SD. The Chargers history is only erased from some fans perception, which means nothing in the long history of the team. Teams have moved before and fans have gotten cheesed off and cried, while new fans were found each and every time.

Further, what happens if the Rams continue to struggle and the Chargers make the playoffs again and again? You think they would be second fiddle in that case?

People need to divorce their butt hurt from this. We the fans have zero control over any of this and prophesying doom and gloom while possible a balm for said butt hurt, is just silly. Why continue to let a team many of you have said you no longer care for control your emotions?

Besides, you, Ant, have already professed your allegiance to the Slobber and Crack, so what do you care? :D

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    The Chargers will never have the fan base and support they have here in San Diego even with playoffs over and over again. They don't have the fan base of the Rams and if they lose the vast majority of their fans here in SD (which they'll do) short of making the playoffs over and over again they won't have any fans in that area. Doesn't matter how much Dean wishes it to be, there's not many fans of the Chargers in the LA area and it would take a lot to convince people to become Bolt fans over Raider or Ram fans.

And yes I do see it as the history of the San Diego Chargers. Record books? Yeah that continues on same way that the Titans record books are filled with Oilers. But the city that supported it, the fans that backed it, that is what will be erased. And I'm not the only one to be offended by Spanos actions.

As I've said before and I'll say it again, I'm a fan of the Chargers until they leave. If they decide they want to go to LA for a cash grab, vaya con dios. Don't expect me to smile and give you my money then. If the Raiders want to be here and the Chargers don't, I'll back the team in my hometown. That's all.

26. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Did I miss something? Since when were the Rams remembered as the predominant LA team from when they shared it with the Raiders?

Does anybody even know a Rams fan from LA?

27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Most of my (now ex) in-laws family were and are Rams fans. They grew up in the Valley.

28. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I was being purposely over the top. I'm sure they're still there, but the Raiders were always the more popular of the two LA teams. So much so they still have a strong presence there.

I don't know of too many LA Rams fans that remained St Louis Rams fans. (Although my dad is one of the few I know, incidentally)

29. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    [​IMG]

*Gully Gulp* Oh great they changed it again

30. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    You may want to fact check that statement! The Rams more often sold out their games even when they were in that awful baseball stadium in OC. The Raiders left LA because they were not selling out the stadium being one predominant reason among others when Al called the moving trucks!