1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers-Ravens Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/previews/2006/10/01/2064_preview.html

San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers knows the NFL isn't as easy as his first two starts showed.

The Baltimore Ravens hope to prove him exactly right.

Rivers gets his first start against an elite NFL defense Sunday as the Chargers make a cross-country trek to play the Ravens in a matchup of unbeaten teams.

Rivers, who became the starter when San Diego let Drew Brees leave via free agency, had little trouble as the Chargers opened the season by beating Oakland and Tennessee - two of the NFL's seven winless teams - before their bye week. Rivers has yet to be sacked, and has the luxury of a star running back in LaDainian Tomlinson as well as a defense that came within 3:09 of posting consecutive shutouts to start the season.

''You can only play who's out there,'' said Rivers, who has thrown for 343 yards and two touchdowns in the two games. ''I think we've done what we had to do in both games. I'm pleased with how we played, but at the same time, we can't stay there. I think we understand the task at hand that's coming up.''

Rivers has done well when called upon, completing 71.7 percent of his throws and not committing a turnover.