1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers re-sign Clary, Floyd, Gregory and McKinney to 1-year deals

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/charge...regory-and/n20080325211709990008?ecid=RSS0001

AP Sports
    Posted: 2008-03-25 21:17:04
    SAN DIEGO (AP) -The San Diego Chargers re-signed offensive tackle Jeromey Clary, wide receiver Malcom Floyd, safety Steve Gregory and defensive tackle Brandon McKinney to one-year deals Tuesday.

All four were exclusive-rights free agents.

Clary moved into the starting lineup in December, taking over at right tackle in place of Shane Olivea.

Floyd saw action in six games, catching seven passes for 97 yards. Gregory played in all 16 games, seeing most of his action on special teams. McKinney became a regular on the Chargers' defensive line rotation, playing in 14 games with two starts at defensive tackle.

Cornerback Cletis Gordon is the Chargers' only exclusive-rights free agent who has yet to sign a contract.

2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    i guess floyd ain't leaving for at least a year... I'm sure osgood is happy about this. hehehe

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    ^^^He can still be traded (Floyd). Glad they resigned them all so possibly we can get something in return.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I guess them all signing only 1 year deals probably means none of em are seen by AJ as the answers long term. Unlike Bingham for example.

I thought Clary might have got a longer deal. After all he is the starting RT. The others are just backups. Glad to see Malcom get a deal even if he might still be traded to end up being a star elsewhere.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The one-year deal for Clary tells me that AJ will be looking at OL in the draft. Clary's got a year to prove himself a starter or quality b/u to the winner at RT.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Signing this contract most likely doesn't mean anything. Any of these guys could still be cut. Most likely Floyd's one year deal has very little if any guaranteed money if he doesn't make the team. And if he does make the team, he already has the one year deal in place.

7. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

Now there's the dood that shoudda held out for the big $$$$... with no one behind him, he was in the drivers seat... :yes:

the bolts have spent time with OT's King Dunlap & Barry Richardson, unfortunately these guys are 6th rdrs and I'm not sure they are any better than Clary...

draft Chris Williams damnit...

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    maybe they move him to gunner... :icon_eek:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Get all the joy of a 6'6 heat seeking missile breaking up your wedge with the added benefits of a real WR :icon_tease:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I like Floyd too and didn't understand why we didn't see him on the field at all last season. Especially before we got Chambers.

In that line up, don't forget Legedu Naanee. Unless we'll use him for TE.

11. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Naanee is going to be a star this year... Norv is going to find ways of getting him the ball... the dude knows what to do with it when he gets it... that screen was a thing of beauty...

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Run them enough, put them in and the defenses will have to start guarding screen, fake that and bomb it out to Chambers/Jackson, especially if those guys are running something akin to a stop n go. Easy TDs

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I guess this means he'll show for the work and the minis.

14. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    The re-signing is a good move, but you all are right, 1 year deal means 2nd stringers. It's poor for Malcom Floyd to have such a company around him. But it's always good to have different wide outs. How is the status of Eric Parker, is he healthy again ?
    Will he succeed against Jackson, Chambers or Naanee ?
    If the draft doesn't bring a super O-Liner I think Clary is in the team.
    I'm eager to see the magic of AJ again.

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Parker will be healthy for training camp. His status is, to say the least, a matter of some debate on BT over whether he should be on the roster. I think he sticks and will contribute. These signings are to maintain depth, pending what happens in the draft. It also makes me wonder if AJ is setting up a trade to move into the second and third rounds, although I think Clary stays out of trade talks. That this is all being done immediately before the league meetings makes for interesting timing.

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Parker will be healthy for training camp. His status is, to say the least, a matter of some debate on BT over whether he should be on the roster. I think he sticks and will contribute. These signings are to maintain depth, pending what happens in the draft. It also makes me wonder if AJ is setting up a trade to move into the second and third rounds, although I think Clary stays out of trade talks. That this is all being done immediately before the league meetings makes for interesting timing.

17. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Gotta say it shocked me Floyd id still around....wasnt he in Norv's doghouse bigtime? But glad he may get another chance to prove himself:tup:

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I thought for sure that Floyd was a goner. He might still be of course, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Gawddamm... this offseason is a yawner...:yawn::icon_sleep:

thank you, AJ!!!

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    your telling us? Try waiting for something to happen just so you can do a podcast! This might just be the dullest off-season in the history of charger football - I want AJ to fire someone just so I have something to talk about :lol: maybe he can fire norv, rehire marty, refire marty and rehire norv

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    We need another fight. Unban some people... lets liven the place up!

[insert evil grin here]

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    someone needs to get all douchy and drunk... fall down... pour beer over a fellow poster's head... and then come in spouting non-sense.

Any takers? :icon_shrug:

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Just as long as no one pours beer on my head PLEASE, had that happen already