1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers reach deal with Rams...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
  2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This is the beginning of the end. The big question now is whether Spanos will actually try to negotiate with the city of San Diego in good faith, will make demands of the City or else, or will just pack up and go.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  5. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    The announcement has just come down from Dean Spanos. Chargers are back for 2016 and will try to persue a new stadium here in San Diego....aaaannnnnddd go!

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    Wait, are they staying or going?

There's literally two conflicting threads coupled by conflicting reports.

7. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +373
    The Chargers got a deal with the Rams...apparently it is a crappy deal, so Dean is willing to try to make a deal in San Diego.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    It's Spanos holding the Agreement with the Rams over the City of San Diego for the next year of negotiations.

Time to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    idk if anyone believes in a higher power, but now the time if you dont, i dont want the chargers to leave san diego. I mean the forums would be dead without the ron burgundy memes

10. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Pretty much what spanos is saying right now
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    It's all business.

I suppose it makes sense to use the LA agreement to see if they can get an even better deal in San Diego.

I'm not going to begrudge them for it. It makes the most sense.

12. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i know it's business, just sucks. just hurts that a team ive liked since i was old enough to grasp the concept of football, might move hurts. 15 years of being a fan and they might leave san diego without a super bowl win. i realize im probably the youngest fan on here at 22, but still hurts the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +373
    I bought my season seats the year you were born, and if they wind up leaving for LA it's gonna suck for a lot of us. I have hobbies outside of football so I won't lose it...but I sure hope they can get a deal done here. My team, my town!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I get the feeling, but at the same time if they stay in the end with a new stadium in place in San Diego are you going to begrudge them for it?

That's the scenario I had in mind when I said I won't begrudge them.

15. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i hear you, im not native to san diego, i live in south carolina, but thats not the point, ive been to one home game my entire life, the rest have been against tennessee and closer areas, but they can not leave SD without a SB, its not fair to waste all the legends that have came through here and let down the fans who are loyal, and always root for the home team no matter what, i watch every game to the end even if we were getting blown out. It's about the team, and what they represent to the city. The chargers do not belong in LA, if anything the rams and raiders belong there, they played there way longer and have a more established fan base in LA.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +373
    I think Dean Spanos just figured out how much of a fan base he DOES NOT have in LA. Let's hope they can get a deal done where they belong here in San Diego.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    The article posted via Facebook says Bolts stay in SD, while "Deano El Douche" tried to get a stadium deal. It doesn't say he signed a devil's deal with Kroenke. So what is it? Do I burn my jerseys and poop on the 50 yard line a Qualcomm tonight or not? I need to know because those frijoles are starting to rumble.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    if they stay in San diego ill be happy, thats all i want

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    trust me im praying we stay, San Diego chargers all the way, i dont want to be called the La chargers, :(
    [​IMG]

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I think Dean Spanos just figured it makes most sense to negotiate with San Diego for one more season to see if he can get a better deal than what Kronke is offering since he has til 1/15/17 to make a real decision.

Don't fool yourself into thinking he wouldn't already be gone if the Carson site was approved by the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Dean had to make the deal with Kroenke. If he plays in SD for the year and nothing gets done, at least he has a contingency plan. If he had no deal in place, and the clock ran out in SD, then what?

I have been very anti-Dean the past year, but I'm over it for now. If he shows me that his words are empty, then I guess I go back to hating him. But for now, my glass is half full, the Chargers are in SD for 2016, and there is the possibility of something happening. Beats the alternative of them just saying "we're leaving."

• Like Like x 2
  22. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Let me throw just one "What If" into this whole FUBAR'ed mess. What if Spanos & co. made the deal to play in L.A. at the coliseum while they implode the Q and build a new stadium in it's place? That would put the time frame (realistically) at around 2018 to 2020 before a new stadium in San Diego could actually get built. Right? Or is that too hypothetical because I didn't blame Telesco for any of this?

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I'm not sure how much the NFL would go for that.

Playing in LA in 2017 would mean they're officially committed to LA and the door would be open for another team (Like the Raiders) to explore San Diego as an option.

24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Didn't read the article, but does this deal mean raiders can't move in to kronkeville in 17?

Or does Spanos jus retaining first dibs in la for 17 season?

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The Chargers did not say they were not moving to LA. They said they would play in SD in 2016. The chargers still have until 2017 to decide to move.

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    It was kind of funny yesterday or the day before, one of the local radio sports talk hosts likened the Chargers organization and the City to a guy that keeps asking a gal to marry him, but she can't commit to an answer for 10 years...

• Winner Winner x 1