1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Regular Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Oct 13, 2010.

?

What will be the Chargers regular season record?

1. 13-3

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 12-4

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. 11-5

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  4. 10-6

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. 9-7 or worse

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    As of now, we are 2-3 (just like the last 3 years). Here is our upcoming schedule:
    @St Louis
    New England
    Tennessee
    @Houston
    Denver
    @Indy
    Oakland
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    @Cincinnati
    @Denver

Right now, the only games I see the Chargers possibly losing are the Patriots game and the Colts game, but since the Patriots game is a home game I think we will edge them out.
    My prediction: 12-4, with the only other loss coming at Indy.
    The thing is, you never know what could happen. We were supposed to be 5-0 right? What keeps me thinking we will finish so good is that RM will be fully healthy soon, Richard Goodman will be returning kickoffs most likely, and we have McNeill back.
    Our defense and our offense continue to perform week in and week out, but with RM healthy Tolbert can spend more time on ST during practice. RM will only get better every game. Also, I feel that they sense the urgency that they are in a hole and need to get out of it fast.

All hope is not lost

2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    They will lose at least one more game that they should win. And win at least one of the (what I see as) three games they could lose. So I see two to three more losses. I must admit that I feel like a blind optimist even with that prediction.

Just sad that this schedule could have given us a 1 seed and now we all just have to hope for playoffs.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    11-5.

Our 2 losses will be against teams we all think the team "should" win against. Probably lose to Cincy, Tenn, or Houston.

4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    I thought they would be 5-0 right now so... anyone's guess is better than mine. I had them 13-3 before the season.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I think we still have 2 more Ls down the pipeline. IMO we will be lucky if we only lose 2 more games. Also KC is gonna be a headache all season long.

11-5 and we pray all season long for each KC L to stack up. So that we dont have to go down to division Tiebreakers. 7-1 against the division for 3 years. Now its like wtf lets let DEN honestly beat us too! Since that was a fluke game giveaway bs empty hand call. FUMBLE recovered by Dobbins.

I mean YEA SD snaps off another undefeated streak to end the season!!

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I feel like we usually play our best at indy. As long as we don't fumble or allow kick return td's I think we can beat indy easy. I say our only loss comes to houston by 3.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Same 13-3, but not like this. I think I didnt like the INDY DEN and Cincy games before the season started. Not so worried about thos teams now lol in that order.

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    INDY DEN And CIncy are easy bc those teams are decent enough to motivate us. I'd worry about oak, KC, and maybe sf since those teams suck!

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm giving a generous 11-5 but really seeing 9-7.

10. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I think 11-5 . Although I could see 12-4, if we don't have anymore hic-ups.

11. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Sorry, I don't have anything better to say than to bring up the past predictions we have made.

Can Norv please go back to saying this team isn't any good? Him claiming this is his best team isn't working out really well for us.