1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers report card: vs. Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Dec 5, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Chargers report card: vs. Oakland Raiders
    BY NICK CANEPA
    SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2010 AT 5:15 P.M.

QUARTERBACKS: C-minus

Rivers played under duress most of the day, but he looked more like Peyton Manning did last week. Not good.

RUNNING BACKS: U

Unnecessary. Eight carries for 21 yards? If Mathews can’t block and completely sits out a game like this, might as well release him and say you blew the pick.

RECEIVERS: D

Had trouble getting open against all the Hall of Famers in the Raiders’ secondary.

OFFENSIVE LINE: F-plus

Didn’t get many chances to run-block, but these guys got pushed around by the Hall of Famers in the Raiders’ front seven.

DEFENSIVE LINE: F

Manhandled.

LINEBACKERS: F

Manhandled.

SECONDARY: F

Played dumb, tackled poorly and got suckered on a few key plays.

SPECIAL TEAMS: F

Sproles drops a punt that leads to a touchdown. That’s failure.

COACHING: F-minus

For the second straight time Raiders brains outsmarted Norv& Co. Humiliating. Back-to-back too many men on the field penalties? Sophomoric stuff.

NEXT OPPORTUNITY (Kansas City): F

The Chiefs are better than the Raiders. Maybe much better. Why should anyone believe the Chargers can beat them (except maybe the Chiefs)?

Chargers report card: vs. Oakland Raiders - SignOnSanDiego.com

2. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Great post. F is the truth. Hopefully we get new majority owner who fires ppl and gets stronger leadership here asap.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Good grading right there. Agree with all except Norv. He should get a "L" for Leave.

4. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I still expect a tough game...with the edge to the Chargers next week. My Chiefs are fairly good, but are still VERY young and we make a LOT of dumb mistakes, especially on the road - mistakes we cannot make against a desperate team as dangerous as the Chargers. We have also shown an inability to put the hammer down when we need to finish teams, be it in individual games or in the division race.

My prediction, Chargers 31 - Chiefs 27

5. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    I wouldn't be surprised if we blew you guys out and at the same time if you guys blew us out. Its Charger football gear up knuckle head.

6. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    I wouldn't be surprised if you blew us out or if we win close, but I don't think us blowing you out is in the cards. The Chargers aren't Seattle or Arizona.

I just hope we don't relax with this 2 game cushion. Still glad to have it though lol.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    My 9-7 prediction from back when we were 2-5 is looking pretty solid.

The problem is KC keeps catching breaks, and now Oakland has all the tiebreakers.

8. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    LOL You just keep making excuses. I have to admit though, you've been consistent. From week one when you blamed the rain, to the successive 5 weeks when you blamed "easily fixable special teams problems" to when you blamed the refs, you have always come up with excuses for losses.

Somewhat under the radar however, have been your equally consistent excuses for Chiefs wins. The chargers must be the single unluckiest team in football to lose EVERY SINGLE game due to bad luck, and the Chiefs must be kissed by fortune to have somehow have managed to win 8 of their games despite being clearly inferior to every team they have played.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Exactly what about my post made you respond like this? Did I say anything about special teams, or the Chiefs being inferior, or the the Chargers being unlucky? :lol:

I'm gonna file this under.......over reaction / irrelevant to the conversation / cocky childish dissapearing fairweather troll outburst.

10. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Speaking of disappearing fairweather trolls...everyone is looking for you on the ESPN blogs...You've been talking **** all year there and suddenly...NOTHING from you or most of the other arrogant "Charger's OWN the division," "Chiefs and Raiders SUCK," trolls over there.

When I took two weeks off, I was out of commission due to a death in the family, and let's not forget, the Chiefs were 1-1 in that span. What's your excuse for disappearing from those blogs and hiding here where you have more backup. Win or loss, I am here, as I was from week one.

Man up Matty.

11. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    It's the Chiefs to lose. Congrats to you guys, just don't get your hopes up too much in the playoffs.

12. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I think F- is too high of a grade for Sundays effort, more like a z- would be right.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Chargers got manhandled AND outsmarted. This game wasn't even close and looked as if the Chargers were definitely eyeing the Chiefs game next week instead of focusing on the Raiders. Shiit happens.

14. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    PLAYOFFS!?, PLAYOFFS!? Don't talk to me about playoffs lol.

Hey, from here on out, everything is gravy.

That's the thing about expectations. They can really color a season. I don't think even the most idealistic Chiefs fan expected more than a 7-9, 8-8 season this year as we are clearly rebuilding. We have a 2nd year head coach and two new coordinators and a crop of REALLY young players. I think most of us figured this would be a developmental year, and in many ways it has been. We're just finding ways to win at the same time. I don't think anyone is expecting a deep playoff run, but...you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Next year may be quite different. The schedule will likely be much different, so this team, even with greater experience and hopefully a few more weapons (Cough...Larry Fitzgerald :) ), should be a better team, but could easily end up with a worse record. We have had a lot go right for us so far...things can change FAST in the NFL.

Even at this point I won't say we're a lock for the playoffs. We could lose all of our remaining games. I don't think it's likely...but it could happen.

15. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375

2008 Cardinals aren't so bad imitate now are they. Arrowhead is a hard place to play. I'm sure you guys can beat the Jags.

16. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Beat them once already, but that was with Bouman at QB. Still have the Titans and Raiders at home and San Diego and St. Louis on the road (though St. Louis will be like a Chiefs home game with the sea of red taking over the fail-dome :) ). These last 4 games are not as easy as people think.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think St. Louis is going to beat the Chiefs. But not so sure about how the Chargers will respond. Hopefully they are completely demoralized by this as.swhippin' the Raiders put on 'em and will come out with some bad intentions.