1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Rumors

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson

by epadaon

Chargers are evaluating potential addition of former Panthers DE Everette Brown, according to a league source.

2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    We've gotta do something to generate some pass rush, we are consistently getting beaten by averageNFL quarterbacks because they have virtually all day & night to throw - next season we may need to at least consider going back to a 4/3 scheme.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    last night I saw countless time that our 4 rushers were double teamed, the pocket was pristine and we did nothing to help rush Cassell. I am not sure that adding another cast off DE will help. We have some huge men on the DL, we need to send help from the outside.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Yeah, I was hollering for a corner blitz or something to get a guy in Cassell's face, he was picking up 3rd & long passes with regularity - Greg Manusky's "aggressive defense" definitely isn't as it was advertised to be.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The D is better than many say. However, to be great they have to create turnovers and pressure the QB. Those two aspects are missing to a greater degree...

• Like Like x 1
  6. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    id love to get everette brown, please sign him

7. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Oh man i was hoping the rumor was Norv getting fired...

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    That will not happen until the season is over regardless of how the team does.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moses

Ratings:
    +358
    Yeah i know, i was only half serious hahaha. The annoying thing about Norv is that he doesn't seem to understand that discipline, motivation, mental focus, the ability to teach, make adjustments and install a swagger and winning attitude come from the head coach. Norv's lack of these skills is the biggest reason why they will never win a superbowl as long as he is around.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Unfortunately you are correct. But it goes beyond Norv. I think it is soemthing that starts at the top and works its way down to the players as well.

The offense is playing slow, they are not hustling to make blocks, or working from snap to whistle. The D is getting no front push. I watch Rivers and he isnt going through his progression. The right plays may be called in some instances, but are the players making the plays? No. I think all facets are in flux right now. Not just coaching.

11. Moses

Ratings:
    +358
    I do agree with your points, but some problems have to be corrected from the top where they start. We have enough to overcome with the physical injuries we always seem to suffer, we don't need the problems to be mental as well. The bottom line is that Norv has not maximized the talent the team has. After all this time he still does not get the best out of his players, and for the fans it now becomes like beating a dead horse, 2 games in a row now thrown away by stupid mistakes that disciplined football teams don't make. We'd have probably lost in the Denver game too but for luck.

12. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +941
    We need a pass rusher.. I don't think a big name will come til next year.. God I pray to the heavens AJ signs Robert Mathis! There are gonna be some big names out there.. Carriker from Washington having a great year will be out there I believe.. I don't know WHY we wouldn't go after Osi from the Giants.. They certainty don't need him they have Pierre-Paul and Justin Tuck..

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    What difference does it make? They've brought in people every year who are supposed to improve the pass rush. It doesn't change anything.

14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Here's your pony...

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

15. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Brown signed per Acee...

16. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401

[​IMG]

@sdutChargersS.D. U-T Chargers

Providing he passes physical, DE Everette Brown will join Chargers. Cut by Panthers before season.

17. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    OG cut.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]

sdutChargers S.D. U-T Chargers

Ogemdi Nwagbuo has been released.

Damn... I liked OG. Good story, good guy.

19. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Maybe OG will still get a shot with Carolina? He passed up a chance to go there to re-sign here a few weeks ago...

• Like Like x 1
  20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Why have we signed another 4-3 DL?

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Have you seen his size?........ he's a OLB in the 3-4 scheme.

22. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    Yeah, that is what I read too.

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Perhaps, Castillo is ready to come back...... it has been 6 weeks since his injury. That would explain the OG move.

24. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Damn Im gonna miss OG again.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I stand corrected

26. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    next season we need a new defensive coordinator!

27. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    To be completely honest I am very tired of hearing that Norv Turner is terrible at doing these things. Let's get one thing straight. These are grown *** men who are getting paid millions of dollars to go out there and play football. If they have to rely on Norv Turner or any other coach for that matter to be disciplined, motivated, and have mental focus and swagger. They need to pick another career.

People need to quit finding sad and pathetic reasons to fire coaches in this league and hold the guys out there who are executing like **** accountable as well. I can't stand Norv Turner, and don't condone his coaching but for god sake find another route to go when bitching please.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Moses

Ratings:
    +358
    So you're saying it isn't up to a head coach to discipline and motivate his team? The players of course have to do their job, but their general direction comes from their leader. When your team keeps messing up with the same problems and nothing gets done about it then that is the fault of the leader for not identifying and solving the problem.

The ability to motivate and get everyone focused is one of the most important traits any leader can have.

29. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Not saying that it's not his job. I'm saying that it's not the reason why we are losing. It may be part of the reason but all the posts I read just like this make it sound like its THE reason.

However, again. These are grown men that get paid bank to do this for a living. Not high schoolers trying to get up for a big game. At some point the players are responsible for motivating themselves and being able to stay disciplined. This is not all on Norv Turner or any other coach for that matter.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Apparently some folks here still think that these guys are playing pee-wee football.

It may LOOK like it at times, but by the time you reach this level you'd better damn well know the basics. You know .... how to tackle, holding onto the football, that every game is important, etc.

Sure ... a leader demands focus & attention to detail, but he can't guarantee that it occurs on the field. At some point, professionals must take responsibility & hold themselves accountable as well.

It's not like these guys are charging into gunfire, ferchrissakes.