1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers-Seahawks game blacked out

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Per NFL policy, the game between the San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday, Aug. 15 will not be shown live in the Chargers’ television market.

Chargers.com

The league’s long-standing policy requires all games not sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff to be blacked out in the local market. This includes all signals within a 75-mile radius of the stadium and those areas whose television signal reaches within that 75-mile zone. The league’s policy affects all telecasts, both cable and satellite.

Approximately 6,000 general tickets remain available at Qualcomm Stadium Gate C, www.Chargers.com, Ticketmaster outlets or by calling TicketMaster at 1-800-745-3000. The game kicks off at 7:05 p.m.

The tape-delayed telecast can be seen on KFMB-TV, Channel 8 in San Diego at 10:30 pm and on KCBS-TV, Channel 2 in Los Angeles at 11:30. KMIR-TV, Channel 6 in Palm Springs also will show it at 10:30 pm.

Stations outside the blackout area that will carry the game live include KLAS-TV in Las Vegas; KCOY/KKFX-TV in Santa Barbara; KGMB-TV in Hawaii; KBAK/KBFX-TV in Bakersfield, and KSWT-TV in the Imperial Valley and Yuma, Arizona.

The NFL Network will carry the game live nationally, though it will be blacked out in the Chargers’ preseason television markets.

Ron Pitts and Billy Ray Smith will call the action from the booth.

Fans can listen to the game live beginning at 7 pm on KIOZ Rock 105.3 FM and XTRA Sports 1360 AM with Josh Lewin and Hank Bauer calling the action from the booth and Mike Costa reporting from the sideline. The Chargers’ radio network includes AM 570 KLAC in Los Angeles and Orange County; KGEO 1230 AM in Bakersfield; KMWH 1250 AM in the Yucca Valley; KNWQ 1140 AM in Palm Springs; KNWZ 970 AM in the Coachella Valley; KOSS 1380 AM in Palmdale and Lancaster; KATY 101.3 FM in Temecula and the Inland Empire; KWDJ 1360 AM in Ridgecrest; ESPN Radio 1100 AM in Las Vegas; KXO 107.5 FM in the Imperial Valley and Yuma, Arizona, and Sirius Satellite Radio.

The game will be broadcast in Spanish on XHFG 107.3 FM in San Diego and KWKW 1330 AM in Los Angeles with the voices of Jorge Villanueva and Adrian Garcia in the booth and Efren Dominguez on the sideline.

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194

So we'll get to see it on delay. Is that because it's only Preseason or is that also part of league policy? I don't remember delayed telecasts whenever we were blacked out before.

3. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Glad I'm going.

4. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    Any bars or pubs around SD going to be showing the game?:icon_shrug:

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    **** me!
    And i just gave away my ticket to my cousin (never been to a game) and now i dont get to watch my boy Whitehurst in one of the only 4 games he plays this year (I HOPE!, knock on wood!)

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Me too.

7. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    atleast we get the late replay, I live in tustin, (oc) so by the time i get back from the game the replay time will be perfect:tup:

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Glad I live in Baltimore!

Wait. No. That sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636

I actually prefer this for preseason games, wifey will be asleep and I can watch the game without interruptions :yes:

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I'm surprised that preseason games even sell out. Plus I really think that the Chargers should only charge $10 for these types of games.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think the black out rule should not apply to preseason games.

I have a ticket but not sure if I'm going. Got a really busy weekend ahead.

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'll be in Prescott,AZ. I already have it set up on DVR. :yes:

13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The NFL should reform their blackout policies during deep recessions and other constricting economic conditions. Something like, only 85-90% of the tickets have to be sold as it is always those last 5,000 tickets that screw everyone. Then again, in that case, I would have to watch the Raiders :turdspuke: