1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers sign DT Doug Worthington; waive Scafe

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Aug 18, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    @eric_d_williams: #Chargers announce the team signed DT Doug Worthington and waived/injured DE Damik Scafe. Worthington also is wearing No. 75.

We're saved!

2. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    3 tackles, 1 pass deflection in his NFL career.
    Tremendous "potential". ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Yuck, has to just be a body. Scafe always injured, looked good when he played. I had Guy making the roster over him anyway, despite Williams and the UT going with Scafe.

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Huh, how dare thee! Sir Douglas Worthington IV is a fine chap, and was making a delightful living as a lorry driver for the postal last month. Cheerio.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    Is he the next Jamal Williams? I hope so...

6. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Palepoi certainly has a window of opportunity here, if they don't bring in someone better than this Worthington guy before final cuts. I think Carrethers roster spot is safe.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Does his dog spot come along in the deal?

8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    He's definitely some sort of athlete....he's 6'5" 295 and had a 35.5" vert and 10'1" broad. That screams explosive to me. Probably needs a lot of work though.

I don't get how people said Scafe was good when he played, I dont think he ever played vs anything more than 3rd teamers....

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    Only if the guy lives in Encino...

Cal-and-Spot_w446.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  10. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    That's all we had to go from but the teams actions back it up. They kept him around. Heck, last year we put him on IR during preseason. Later we came to injury settlement and outright release. We re-signed him again to the PS later in the season. We all guess to a certain extent about players, especially 2nd and 3rd teamer's, what their potential is and what the team thinks of them. All you can do is add up the evidence that is there. The Chargers clearly tried to develop Scafe and to strengthen the argument, he was brought back twice under the new regime. He was a UDFA pickup in 2011.

11. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    They did the same thing at Jerideau, and dumped him right away, and he never got picked up. I just dont think putting a guy on the PS/IR for a few years means he's any good...

12. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I don't know of anyone that said he was any good, he's a developmental bottom roster type guy. Scafe looked good to me in limited playing time, that's all there was to judge,but they kept the guy around for four training camps. Jerideau got the boot much quicker, one camp. Doesn't matter now, he was injury prone and getting too old to still hope he develops into much. Onto the next guy...

13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Scafe was waived because he got hurt again. Basically both moves are along the lines of "move along, nothing to see here"

We do need some help up front

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Funny how he says he chose us over NE. It's the same reason flowers came here, there's very little competition standing in his way of a starter spot.

We could still use another d lineman.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    I had dinner at an establishment fairly close to Chargerville headquarters earlier this evening, and I ended up meeting Mr. Worthington and welcoming him to San Diego. He said some very nice things about being in San Diego. Nice guy.