1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers sign Neill

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    By Chargers.com
    Posted 2 hours ago

9-17-2010

The San Diego Chargers signed long snapper Ryan Neill to a one-year contract.

The San Diego Chargers signed long snapper Ryan Neill to a one-year contract. The 6-3, 253-pound veteran is in his fourth NFL season and snapped in nine games during the 2009 season for the St. Louis Rams.

Neill originally came into the NFL as undrafted free agent with Buffalo in 2006. He did not play in ’06, but handled all of the Bills’ long snapping duties in 2007 and ’08, and also saw action as a reserve defensive end in 2008. Neill is a native of Wayne Hills, New Jersey. He attended Wayne Hills High School and Rutgers University where he earned All-America and All-Big East honors on the field and in the classroom.

He will wear No. 58 for the Chargers.

On Tuesday, the Chargers had to place veteran long snapper David Binn[​IMG] on Reserve-Injured due to a hamstring injury and they replaced him with 10-year veteran snapper James Dearth[​IMG]. However Dearth injured his foot during Thursday’s practice and has been placed on Reserve-Injured as well.

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Interesting, losing two long snappers in one week... It sounds wrong, but it's not...

Pointy

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Seriously did Dearth get checked out BEFORE he injured or was this just a real freak accident?

4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Dearth got injured yesterday (Thursday) in practice. So, I guess that could be a freak injury or accident.

Pointy

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Am I the only one who saw this thread and thought Neill was short for McNeill and thought we signed Marcus McNeill?

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Lol I was actualy expecting someone to have asked if they were talkin bout Lorenzo Neil.

Well shiz at least hes not as old. And wtf why cant we jus release Dearth? Why we puttin him on the IR list? Unless Binn is gonna be done after this...

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I had to do a double take and then got upset when i didnt see t he "Mc"

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    if someone gets injured while participating in a team event and if that injury prevents him from playing for a length of time. The Chargers can place him on the IR. I am positive the Players Union would have something to say if they just released him without any compensation.