1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers sign OL Chris Hairston

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 15, 2015.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    TT always on the prowl.

3. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    A clemson boy

4. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    That's good news. I like that he worked with Joe D before and the team (with Joe D's input no doubt) sees him as an upgrade to Smith. That's one less hole to fill through the draft.

I agree that we are just one RT/RG from potentially having a very good OL.

With the size of some of our guys, I am wondering if we will run more power and less zone this year.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Contract is 1 yr at $1.125 million - pretty simple and that sounds just right for a back up tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    If the Chargers dont need to find a replacement for Rivers sooner than they would like, we will have the ability to take a high pick on a dominant RG, otherwise I think the Chargers won't be able to afford the high pick on a bonefide starter

7. OP Bolt

OP Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I like the move - improves bench quality in preparation for OT injuries and allows us to follow our draft board with respect to our first round pick options (I'm still assuming it will be #17) and not force us to lunge at any particular position. As I look at the OL roster, I see much less urgency than others for a first round pick versus DL or LB. This does not mean we don't need additional OL draftees, especially to cover the OG/OC positions. One of the things these boards rarely talk about is our assessment of last year's backups ability to step up. For example, can Watts step up in his second year to challenge Troutman?

Current roster:
    OT: Dunlap, Fluker, Hairston, Quigley - as well as Siriles (OG/OT), Wiggins (OG/OT)
    OG: Franklin, Huey, Troutman, Watts - as well as Siriles (OG/OT), Wiggins (OG/OT), Watt (OC/OG)
    OC: Robinson, Watt