1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers Sign Robert Meachem to a 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Brundlefly, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    just like hester doesnt have to be neal

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    Just like Novak doesn't have to be Kaeding.

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Actually... we can all thank Norv for Buster. He was the one reported to have the MASSIVE Jones for Davis. He was, I **** you not, convinced that Davis was the best among the 3 receivers on that LSU team - among which was Dwayne Bowe.

Also, Buddy Nix was the guy with the major hard-on for LSU players... not AJ. If you're going to blindly hate at least get your facts straight. Sheesh!

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I've always also understood that Nix was the LSU homer.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Exactly

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Just like Norv doesnt have to be Marty?

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    Just like AJ doesn't have to be a prick. ;)

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Marty was fired for good reason, we don't want anyone to be Marty, or at least smart fans don't

9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292
    Just like IMissMarty doesn't have to be B4L

Please tell me jones was autocorrected version of bone-r (censored) and not just slang that I've never heard (damn you Californians and your "hella")

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Hey, Hella is only Northern Cali. ONly D-Bags say that in SoCal

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    It's slang... it's slang that's actually before my generation, that I picked up from all of my uncle's friends that are old school surfers.

And for the record... "hella" is a NorCal thing... and to me it's about as acidic as Boston's "wicked awesome" (I'm not putting nearly the proper phonetic spelling on that). Uttering either should merit a life sentence in a not-so-nice place... then again, those folks are already stuck in Nor Cal and Boston. ;)

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    No, but Hester does need to be better than Hester is

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    If only... LOL

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Well the few who still pine for him probably think they are smart... ;)

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    The smart ones know better. As you know, knowing Marty had to go, doesn't mean support for Norv

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Understood and agree. Even me, one who 'supports Norv' is not 100% happy with him.

17. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks for setting me straight on that. I stand corrected sir.

18. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    just like english doesnt have to be merriman (on roids).

19. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I have to say, he's no VJ but he's solid!!! Nice job. Now go get some beef.

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Funny thing is, Darren Smith has reported several time that he has talked ot people who were in the room, and says that it was NORV who called for the drafting of Buster Davis. Apparently, it is customary to gave a new HC a lot of input on the 1st draft pick of their 1st draft, and he wanted Buster.

Since none of us were in the room, I can't say this is incorrect. So take it with a grain of salt

21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Asinine statement since if you actually understand the timeline, and that he had passed 21 straight tests between the combine and his failure, which happened 6 months before the season even started, then you would understand that roids were not the reason for his success. I am not Merriman fan, but I am a fan of facts, and the facts say he was NOT on roids, and that his downfall was when the Titans took a cheap shot and blew out his knee

22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    I agree with that a little, but I do wonder why he's never been able to get healthy again. The knee may always slow him down, but other injuries are tearing him up now.

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Knee injuries have ruined many peoples career. Carson Palmer was one of teh best in the league before blowing out his knee, hasn't been the same guy since.

24. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    just like english doesnt have to be merriman (on tainted supplements) and larrys' hookers dont have to look like tila tequila.

25. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Sounds like a party!!!:p

• Like Like x 2
  26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,609
    Does Meachem have to be Wes Chandler?

Hell we gave them Brees and Sproles for nothing, I figure its our turn to benefit.

27. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +494
    This thread turned lame hella quick...

28. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,053
    Bullshit, to think the guy was clean is pure FANmantics by Homers who refuse to believe the guy was one of the biggest jerkoffs to grace the NFL in that decade.

Do facts tell you what masking agents are also available to these juicers through the same people that supply the PED's in the first place ? or is this something just conveniently swept under the rug ?

OK, he copped a hit that injuried his kneee, that is in fact undisputable FACT, but it wasn't what caused his downfall as you care to present as fact again.

His downfall came due to his own pigheadedness and know-it-all attitude that he knew what was best for himself and that doctors were wrong in their diagnosis, which he would prove by NOT having the offseason surgery.

Half a game wasn't it for memory he lasted ? :rolleyes:, so much for Dr Merrimans knowledge of what should have been a rather easy fix and recoup period, but then again, he had the Fox studio gig just sitting there for such an occasion (pure coincidence I'm sure.... NOT)

From then on his body just broke down continuously and often ( but that still didn't stop him from saying the opposite all offseason, giving his fanatics more fools gold to worship over) and if you don't think that had something to do with steroids or other PED's in his system, then you need to read up on what effects they have on muscles, tissues and tendons in the body over a period of time, because it looks an awfully lot like how Merriman's body has failed him for the last 4 years if you care to look at the medical facts.

Ofcourse................ it could also be nothing more than a coincidence also though. :)

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    If you are going to assume he was on roids the whole time yet found a way to pass the tests, then you have to assume the same thing about every other player who also passes. Put on your tin-foil hat all you want, but it makes no sense to think that he cheats and found a way to get away with it, but the rest of the league that also passes, are clean.

30. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    What does the rest of the league have to do with Merriman? Merriman has exhibited the signs of PED/Steroid abuse, have others?

The issue isn't whether or not the rest of the league is on roids, but whether or not Merriman was/is. His knee injury and subsequent failure to have the surgery likely killed his career, but that's not what destroyed his body.