1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers sign rookie DT Cam Thomas

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Report: Chargers sign rookie DT

July, 9, 2010
    By Bill Williamson

According to the National Football Post, San Diego has signed fifth-round pick Cam Thomas.

Getting Thomas signed early was paramount for San Diego. He has a chance to be the team’s nose tackle as a rookie. He has had a strong offseason and the team believes he can step in and fill the shoes of Jamal Williams, who is now in Denver.

Thomas was expected to be picked as high as the second round. The Chargers traded up to nab him in the fifth round.

2. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers sign Cam Thomas to $1.98 million contract

The San Diego Chargers have signed rookie fifth-round nose guard Cam Thomas to a four-year, $1.98 million contract that includes a signing bonus just over $191,000, according to a league source.

Thomas received the standard base salaries of $320,000, $405,000, $490,000 and $575,000 as well as a fourth-year escalator clause that can significantly boost the total value of the deal.

The 6-foot-4, 330-pounder recorded 83 career tackles, nine for losses and 3 1/2 sacks for the Tar Heels.

At the NFL scouting combine, Thomas ran the 40-yard dash in 5.29 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 31 times. He also posted a 29-inch vertical leap.

Last season, he recorded 23 tackles 2 1/2 for losses, a blocked kick and three quarterback pressures.

He played in the Senior Bowl all-star game.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Something good out of the Charger compound.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Butler too, per .com. :tup:

5. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    isnt everyone signed except ryan mathews?

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yes... :yes:

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That is awesome to hear

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And he has said his goal is to be in camp and will avoid any type of hold out

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Wow, that would be good. Butler god bless him is serious about playing. He's gonna make our defense better.

10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Mathews, VJ, McNeill, and Merriman. Good job AJ. You sign this guy to a 4 year contract but leave proven vets hanging. :trout:

11. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    merriman signed his tender tho, so we got him for one year,mcneill and vj are holding out and mathews will sign soon, so i see MATHEWS,MCNEIL,THEN VJ SIGNING

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Fail.:tdown:

I think theres a minor difference between 4yrs 2 million dollars, and potentially the 40-50 million VJ and McNeil will want. Not to mention with the uncertainty of the CBA, a lot could change next year including a salary cap, an 18 game season etc...

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    jackson and mcneil should shoot thier agents from the very bad advice they gave them. NOw they'll probalby be out of work for 2 years and penniless. Fools.

14. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Merriman has stated that he would sign his tender but has not done so yet. He is a RFA at this time just like VJ and McNeill.

15. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Sarcasm is lost on you. :yes:

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I've come to expect such stupid comments from you, its hard to tell when your joking or being your foolish self.

17. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :yawn:
    :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

18. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :lol:

From the guy that I had to ban from the gameday thread every Sunday because everytime we had to punt or the other team scored he turned into a hysterical biatch. :icon_finger:

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Merriman will be in camp. He has something to prove if he wants to get PAID. There is not a GM out there that will back up the brinks truck to his house based on the past 2 years.

20. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Bingo.

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Oh sure. :rolleyes2: I see your still over exaggerating as well as making pitiful attempts at sarcasm, not much has changed in the last few years.

I noticed you havn't been around as much though, and I was kinda hoping you'd just skive off like the litte ***** boy you are. The football IQ around here is much higher without your little one liner insults pointed at anyone who disagrees with you, and people who are less than ecstatic about the Chargers losing another playoff game.

Nice to see you though bud. :icon_toast:

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    So you are a little bitter for being the most frequent visitor to the *** Clown forum. :thumbup:

I only insult the ignorant, immature, clueless, drama queens. You fit the description to a tee. I don't even bother to read your football takes.

:abq2::abq1::abq2:

23. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    So how bout them Padres?

• Like Like x 1
  24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    :lol: Latos deserved an All Star bid, as did Heath Bell.

Ohhh I better calm down, clearly I'm being an immature drama queen right sdchrger?:icon_rofl: Ohhh what a travesty!

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Get him into camp nice and early, I'd like to see him work at the same time as Vaughn Martin and OG at DE, I think both them plus Thomas could be deadly

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Exactly.:tup: Which is why I was so against spending our 1st round pick Jared Odrick or Brian Price, you can find good 3-4 DE's anywhere in the draft. Martin and Thomas can split the NT work, OG would be a very good 3-4 DE because he's good at penetrating, Castlillo is solid and can get in the backfield too.....add Travis Johnson, Antonio Garay, Ryon Bingham, and Ian Scott and I think we're pretty solid at D-line.