1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers' stadium forecast still cloudy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canepa/20070612-9999-1s12canepa.html

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If we do not see a Joint Powers Authority formed in the next 12-18 months which will facilitate the stadium getting built (because the County is fiscally healthy), Charger fans better be ready to say "bye bye".

This is why I preach to enjoy it as much as we can NOW, instead of limp dicking it.

We are almost out of time so what are you going to do ?

I know what I am going to do and those who have been to the tailgaters have a pretty good idea as well.

Lets rock. :helm1:

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Art Modell is a dick.

I remember seeing the Browns fans here in our stadium and that was the one and only time I could not play "TAPS" on my trumpet for the enemy.

It was just not cool because these fans were losing their team and we all knew it before Modell lined up the moving vans at midnight for "the move".

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Like the Irsay's :yes:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly.
    After Bob “The Drunk” Irsay bashed Al Davis on public TV for moving the Raiders to LA and saying “a new stadium (in Baltimore) is NOT necessary.” He moves the team out of Memorial Stadium in May Flower trucks, in a blizzard at 2:00 am on a week night.

I lived in Baltimore at that time and I didn’t see anybody sympathizing for Baltimore fans. In fact Paul Tagliabue said “Baltimore fans will become Redskins fans.” Redskins were a Baltimore Colts rivalry!!!
    Then came two NFL expansions. Carolina was a done deal but Baltimore put up more work and money than both cities. To hear the other was Jacksonville was a major slap in the face.
    Tagliabue did ALL he could to keep NFL out of Baltimore.

Now don’t get me wrong. Cleveland fans had a right to be angry at the time but 4 years without football isn’t as bad a 14 years.
    Also Mayor White shouldn’t have blown off Art Modell as he built a new ball park for the Indians, the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame and a Science Museum all right next to the rust bucket stadium where the Browns played.
    I’ve been to that stadium and it was the worst stadium I’d ever seen. The seats were wood and ALL obstructed view. All the windows in the press sections were busted out.

As Art Modell said in the 2000 NFL season... “If the powers that be would have offered me what they gave to the Cleveland Browns now, I’d still be there!”

Though as I said... “The only people who suffered were the fans (but for some reason, it seems that Baltimore fans going for 14 years without NFL doesn't count).”

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Listen to me Chargers fans.

Enjoy it NOW before it is too late.

Do not screw up this opportunity to root the team to the Super Bowl and maybe out of the County.

You never know *man*.

Do it for the team.

Do it for loyalty sake for at least one game.

Do it for me and my dead ancestors.

Do it. :bolt:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'll be cheering for them and I think they'll stay in San Diego.

The best thing Spanos has going for him is that he's the only team in Southern California and it may stay that way for a looooong time!!!

If NFL ever returns to LA, it's going to be a very long time and that's a BIG IF too. When the last expansion was given to Houston, that tells you how far LA has to go. NFL would have gladly waited out if the city could make process.

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Trump, maybe I'm just being a Pollyanna, but I still think something will get done in San Diego County.

Just a gut feeling.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I think so too. They aren't going to San Antonio, Portland, etc. and like I said "If NFL ever returns to LA, it's going to be a very long time and that's a BIG IF too."
    The Chargers win a Super Bowl, all of Southern California will be wearing Chargers colors!!

10. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't think I could be loyal to a team that left. Even if it's a whole combination of factors, and not neccessarily the orginaztion's fault. It wouldn't be right for them to be anywhere else. I can't even really comprehend the concept of the team leaving. That said, I'm going to continue to love the Chargers and enjoy every moment of our success.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    You know you don't need to convince me. I'll be there, hanging by your truck, eating carna and polla asada and washing it down w/ a cold brew all season.

That said, PREACH ON BROTHA!!!

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn, I'm getting hungry!! :icon_toast:

I hope the Chargers stay in SD for the sake of all of you local folks. For me, living in VA, it isn't as much of an issue. It would be a HUGE loss to the area, IMO, to see them leave. Don't know the area too well, but I have a friend who lived in Oceanside for awhile. Sounds like this area could work. :icon_shrug: