1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers' Stadium Search in 'Holding Pattern'

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Article about the stadium situation. Not much new though.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Bummer :icon_eek: :icon_sad: :tdown:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    County and City just went through an election, in addition things are always slow since there's the potential for turnaround not to mention every politician likes to hand 'big issues' to their successors to deal with.

Its not that surprising nor is it really that bad

4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If it's not movement forward, then it's movement backward.

Time's running too short for "holding patterns".

• Like Like x 1
  5. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    time for all those pep that belive the bolts will go to LA. perpair to go nuts in
    T minus 5....4....3....2....1 :frightened:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Such a shame.

The LA Chargers are slowly becoming a reality.

7. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    No matter what Fabiani says, I wonder if Aguirre and other anti-Bolt politicians get ousted whether it would cause the Chargers to reconsider Mission Valley. The Chargers really belong there.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm shocked Aguirre wasn't voted out LAST WEEK. I know he finished second, but Jesus H. Puffnstuff, who in the hell are these damn near 60,000 RETARDS that voted for this tool?

JAN GOLDSMITH 66847 32.32%
    MICHAEL J. AGUIRRE 59698 28.86%

You San Diego City citizens better get your asses out there and make sure that turdburgler goes down hard.

9. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    and they know that too... VOTE!!!

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    man I live in LA and even I don't wan't that.:unsure:

I'd sure as hell take that over the san antonio chargers though:no:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    As I said "I don't care who's fault it is. I will no longer support NFL is they become the LA Chargers (or anybody else for that matter.)"

NFL is a business but look at all the teams that have moved over that past two decades!!! THAT'S BAD BUSINESS!!! We can talk about local political matters till the cows come home but as a customer of the (NFL) business, it is their job to keep me happy so I will continue to give them my money.

If NFL was good business, they would try to keep heritage that goes back over 40 years!!!

So why should I continue to support a business that could give a s**t about my (30 year) support?!!! IT'S TIME TO MAKE A STAND!!!

NFL = No Fan Loyalty!!!!

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

This is not Green Bay. NFL is NOT the only thing we have!!!
    I agree with what you're saying but you can't expect every San Diego citizen to put NFL before everything else!!

FACT: NFL HAS BECOME A BAD BUSINESS!!!
    Maybe they need to just move to Europe already!!!

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Miami, Kansas City, and Chicago have very old stadiums. Why are they secure?

14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Chicago had their stadium remodeled and upgraded.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm not asking them to put it in front of anything.

But if they don't, well, then the team may leave. Just saying.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    What teams have movied in the last 30 years? Oakland. To LA. Then back to Oakland. LA Rams to St. Louis. Won a Super Bowl in St. Louis. Been doing pretty good there, and LA doesn't miss them much. Houston Oilers. Titans are doing fine in Tennessee, and Houston has an new team now, which they built a new stadium for to get. Too bad, they could have kept the original one they had if they would have built them a stadium to begin with. Browns. Move to Baltimore. Became the Ravens, won a Championship. Cleveland kept the name/history, got a team to replace the ****** one that left. Also built them a new stadium (one of the main reasons Modell packed up and left). Colts. Moved to Indy. Won a Championship. Baltimore has the Raven now to replace them.

Do you have a point other than it's "BAD BUSINESS1!!!!!" if the Chargers left town? I think it's BAD BUSINESS iof a city is too shortsighted to see the benefits of having a major sports franchise playing in a beat down stadium when the team desperately needs a new stadium to play in because the old one is falling apart. Seems to me GOOD BUSINESS would be to work with the team to help secure their future in the city instead of turning your back on them because the city hall is a mess.

17. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    ... :icon_huh:

don't know what the Bolts are *****in about... they play in the youngest pro football stadium in the state.....:lol:

Monster/Candlestick/The Stick - 9ers - 1960.... that place is OLD...
    Oakland Alamada/Coliseum - turds - 1966...
    Qualcom/The Murph - 1967...

:tup: ... :lol:

and I can't wait to get back in there on 8/9 for The Boys....

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But it's still the same old stadium. And what about Miami and Kansas City?

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Raiders out of Oakland
    Raider out of LA
    Rams out of LA
    Cardinals out of St. Louis
    Colts out of Baltimore
    Oilers out of Houston
    Browns out of Cleveland
    This is seven teams in the last two decades.

As I've stated before, Satan (aka: Taglibue) did EVERYTHING possible to keep NFL from ever returning to Baltimore. When the Colts moved out (with his approval,) he was asked about NFL returning to Baltimore and his response was "Baltimore fans will become Redskins fans."
    That's when Baltimore authorities realized that the ONLY way to make NFL return to their city is to steal someone elses. No chance in Hell that Taglibue was going to offer them an expansion.

So you can bet your life savings that if the Chargers move to LA, San Diego will NEVER see NFL again.

Our city has a lot of things to fix. A new stadium in San Diego county can and will happen but maybe not as fast as the Spanos family is hoping for.

BOTTOM LINE... it's time for NFL to put some dedication into helping teams stay put instead of being so eager to move them elsewhere.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    32 teams, 8 divisions... 8 expansions, 40 teams, a new team in each division.
    That's what they should be looking at because they can do it... 2 in LA, 1 in San Antonio, 1 in Portland, 1 in Toronto right off the top. They could find three more cities easily!!!

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Colts, the Ravens (neeĀ“ Browns), the Rams, the Raiduhs and the Cardinals should tell you all you need to know about fan loyalty, not to mention the other teams who blackmailed their way to new stadiums. Davis even sued the NFL to keep them out of LA. The league and this generation of owners look at them as a business commodity, like factories that leave Chicago for China.

22. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Although just a year ago I would have said "no way".... I'm thinking that this is going to be the reality if this stadium gets built up here in LA. On a different note, though, I've been noticing more and more cars in LA with charger emblems on them. What I haven't noticed as much recently is Raider stickers in car windows. You used to see a lot of that up here about five years ago but now I am seeing more chargers logos than raiders logos on cars. The time may be ripe for the bolts to move on up. That will definitely cut a few hours off my drive time to the game.

The other things in this are the fact that the Super Bowl is not going to come back to San Diego. What a shame. Total lack of vision and leadership in that fine city.

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Raiders start winning again, it will be the same way it was five years ago.

Same way in Mexico. Back in 2002, Raiders stuff everywhere. Now Chargers stuff is all over Mexico.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, but as long as we keep winning as well, people will contiunue to jump on the bandwagon.

25. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    NFL is bent on going global. Bills are getting a huge financial windfall playing just one game a year in Toronto. Don't be surprised if pressure comes to move the team south, not north.