1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Still Marvel At L.T.'s Leap Over McNeill, 49ers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
    http://www.kfmb.com/sports/chargers/story.php?id=66941 <-- click for the full article.

Chargers Still Marvel At L.T.'s Leap Over McNeill, 49ers

Last Updated:
    10-17-06 at 9:07AM

SAN DIEGO -- It was the kind of big air that would have amped up an X Games crowd.

LaDainian Tomlinson had to leap more than 6 1/2 feet into the air to gain one measly yard, a feat that the San Diego Chargers were still raving about a day after their 48-19 wipeout of the San Francisco 49ers.

Tomlinson's airborne adventure resulted in the third of his four touchdowns Sunday, providing his teammates and coach with the kind of tale that certainly will grow taller with each retelling.

Tomlinson's main obstacle on the play wasn't necessarily the 49ers defense. It was one of his teammates, 6-foot-7 rookie left tackle Marcus McNeill.

"I've been here in this business a long time and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it," coach Marty Schottenheimer said Monday. "I mean, he went airborne and he's higher than Marcus McNeill and still going up. It's as remarkable as anything I've ever seen. Coaching has nothing to do with that, you can be assured."

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    See Thumper's excellent pic!!:tup: :icon_toast:

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610