1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers The Real Winner In The Jay Cutler Trade

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.faniq.com/blog/San-Diego...rite-For-Years-Now-In-The-AFC-West-Blog-21752

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    True. Cutler is who he is but he did have his moments last season. We'll see how big of a part he was for their offense.

3. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Yay! The Chargers are now going to win a division that they were already going to win! I've got mail!!! Yaaaaay!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    It doesn't really make sense for the artcle to contend that te Broncos have downgraded at the QB position due to the trade, because the trade really wasn't an option. The Broncs HAD to ship out the tantrum-throwing crybaby.

But despite going to the Pro Bowl and having a great arm, Jay Cutler will never successfully LEAD a team as long as he has that Leona Helmsley personality of his.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    they have downgraded FOR NOW but if they have some drafting success and pick up another big name QB, that could change and change quickly

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We need to get this team stronger, meaner, & tougher. Then we'll take the division & a title.

I hope no one on the team is thinking that we have the AFCW sewn up. That would be a very dangerous mindset.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    My thoughts exactly man. We should have the mindset that we DESTROY our division and get to the playoffs. We tried that "We're Going to the Superbowl!" talk last year (guily as charged....) and that didn't go as planned. There's NO reason we won't dominate this division. Win our division, get to the playoffs and beat everybody standing in our way!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    and we sure as Hell better do it with a better than .500 record!:icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 2
  9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    No kidding man. Damn, don't rely on 8-8, a strong finish and a bunch of s**ty Divisional opponents to stink to get us win this division! :no:

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    With the schedule we are looking at, barring serious injuries (as in more than one) I am thinking 10-6 or 11-5 and an AFC West Championship going into the post season.

Looking at the AFC West, it is ours for the taking. KC should show signs of improvement, a few more wins and a sub .500 record. Oakland should continue circling the drain, and Denver will likely take one or more steps backward. This being said, if the Chargers don't bring their "A" game, they could get their butts kicked.

Start healthy and stay healthy and the 2009 season should be very, very good to us.

Go Chargers!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the new donk regime isn't dumb. Seems like some players, and coaches, and general manager on the donks didn't like cutler. But landing two more 1st rounders was proabably always the intent of all this.

The donks knew they had to rebuild. So they dangled thier one big chip out there. THey could have hung onto him. But you notice they sure got rid of him but fast when some team gave up a huge amount. They planned this. They want to build a better team.

Chargers just have to keep building every year to keep up.

• Like Like x 3
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    But not for "fans" :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  13. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Just that. It's good for Denver's opponents that Cutlet leaves the AFC. But the Bolts have to stand up and play strong from the first minute. They will be contenders because of themselves and not because a crybaby plays in Illinois.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Take names, kick ***. :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Foobs, don't you mean all the other teams in our division have to keep building to keep up with US? :yes:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't think the afc west got off easy with this trade. The donks now have 4 1st rounders in the next two years. YOu can build a good team with that.

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    chargers haven't won it all yet. We need to keep improving. The pats, stealers are very probably gonna be better next year as well. Chargers have to improve. Which we will. But we have to improve enough to take control.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just in case you didn't already know ..... :lol:

April 5, 2009
    So, Which Was The Immature One?

By Rich Campbell

Over the last couple of years, we have heard (or, since it is mostly on message boards, seen) an awful lot of trash talk from all over the league and most especially from Denver. The subject was what an "immature jerk" Philip Rivers was. It was all precipitated by an incident where Jay Cutler and Philip, among others, engaged in a cross-field yelling match.

When Philip was later noticed exchanging words with fans in Indianapolis, the masses seized on it as proof that Cutler was blameless and that Rivers was an childish arrogant instigator.

Hmmmm, Anyone interested in re-thinking that position now?

Rivers has simply proved over and over again that he is a leader of men. Yes, he is also a very emotional player. But his maturity being questioned always seemed rather silly when you considered his response to on-field challenges to his composure, dating back to the multiple comebacks of his first year as a starter. Especially the Seattle game, where L.T. was all but ignored on the final drive.

Now, Cutler has pouted his way into forcing a trade. When the Broncos explored the possibility of a mutually-beneficial trade with New England that touched on exchanging QB's, Cutler went into a snit. He continued to whine and moan and play the you-hurt-my-feelings-so-I'm-ignoring-you game until the owner felt he had no choice but to divest himself of the problem child.

Compare this to L.T.'s reaction in a similar situation. Or Padres ace Jake Peavy's. Both were also the subject of much talk this winter. Peavy was actively shopped around baseball.

While the Broncos did okay considering the circumstances they were placed in, I wish that Cutler had gone to Detroit. In Chicago, he is the piece that was missing and I think he instantly makes the Bears the favorite in their division. I'd rather the hissy fit he pitched had resulted in his being dealt to a loser. But then, it seems cruel to wish Cutler on Lions fans, who already know all about oversize child-like egos. (see Millen, Matt)

Meanwhile, I won't hold my breath on Rivers getting apologies. Luckily, Philip is man enough not to require them to do his job.

19. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Jay Buttler is who we thought he was.

And now, everybody else knows what he is, too. :icon_banana: