1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CHARGERS: Training camp preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Who is ready for training camp?

2. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    :icon_eek:

This from the team with all of those tall "red Zone Threat" receivers???

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That completion percentage will see some major improvment, with VJ, Davis and Naanee stepping up further. Hester will add another dimension as well.

4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300

Due to a gutless Coach, Coaching changes and one seriously banged up team we lost to this bunch of scrubs. Remember the 41-7 spanking? and prior to that? We have their number, just gotta let loose when they get here. They are not unbeatable, by any stretch. :abq2:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that's 41-17 and to be frank we beat them without some of their studs (Rodney Harrison, Matt Light, Richard Seymour) and because this was 05 that was without Welker and Moss.

Not making excuses but let's see it for what it is. I'd put a tiny asterisk by their 07 playoff victory since it was without our top three guns too.

Nevertheless we have got to get this mutha****ing monkey off our back if we plan on playing for the lombardi!!! And the Q will be absolutely bonkers that night, can't wait

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    **** the Pats. They're just one team on the way to Tampa. We'll beat them when it counts. :tup:

7. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Hope to see ya'll Saturday Morning... the first tailgater on the road to the Super Bowl...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    I'll set myself up for the slaughter, here....
    Looking at a number of posts, a lot of people are expecting big things from Naanee this year. I hope so as he looks an exciting player. However, with the number of weapons the Bolts have and his relative inexperience, I will be surprised if he manages to put up big numbers. Maybe 10-15 receptions, same number of carries.
    If they are important touches for first downs or TD's then I'll be happy.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

what was our % of running plays inside the 10 that scored TDs

:icon_shrug:

embracing the hate!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'd put a giant ****ing asterick by that victory. Belichick admitted to videotaping (cheating) every game, home and away, from September 2000 to September 2007, including playoff and super bowl games. I don't for a second think that they quit cheating at home games last season. Belichick is a disgrace and should have been banned. Kraft should have been forced to sell the team.

Cheaters will cheat.

October 12th, the Pats will get the living **** beat out of them!

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The key to Naanee is his versatility. I don't think anyone is predicting 50 catches, but no one, except the matured Hester, will have more different slots in the game plan. If Naanee contributes at the same level as Parker did before he was hurt, he meets expectations, but he will be in on plays that Parker would never be able to attempt.

12. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    I don't worry to much about our WR corps we just picked up Charlie Joiner as our WR coach. Not only has he been there done that as a charger WR himself but every team he has coached on has had 1000+ yards receiving, he is awesome! I also don't worry about the cheatriots we will destroy them whenever we play them our guys no doubt want some payback. I and my wife will be down for training camp on sat. morn. with trumpy and the rest see ya there.:abq2::abq2::abq2::icon_toast: