1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers unis : ranked #10

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Sep 12, 2007.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    according to foxsports.com

I'd rank them at top 3

Also I don't agree with the giants red jersey unis and maybe the whole uni is bad but I love the jaguars helmet

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    When the Panthers and Jags started their inaugural seasons some, what, 13, 14, 15 years ago, I absolutely loved their unis.

I think our #10 ranking has a lot to do with the white "away" unis.

If we had switched to the powder blues as our "away" unis, and kept the current unis for "home" unis, people would be ranking us #1 or #2.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I don't think the Chargers can dictate which jersey they wear on the road, if the home team wears color then it's white

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    They used to be top 3, now I think 10 is generous.

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Also interesting was how many fans (presumably of other teams) favorably mentioned the throwback powder blues. Too bad they are gone, replaced by the light blue version of the new crap.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    1. Indianapolis Colts - Classic logo, great colors, great stripes.
    That "Classic logo, great colors, great stripes" were originated in Baltimore!!! :mad::mad:

2. New York Giants - Old-school logo is great, and kudos for rocking the gray pants. Even the red jerseys work.
    The most boring colors and team of ALL TIME!!

3. Chicago Bears - So long as they stay away from the all-blue arrangement, these are great. However, they should make every Bear wear one of those giant, honking Walter Payton mouthpieces.
    I like these colors but not to this extent!!!

12. Washington Redskins - Not the greatest colors, and it's easily the most offensive nickname going. However, it's all pretty classic looking.
    Flat out ugly!!!!

The rest are cool but not as cool as the Chargers!!!!! :yes: :abq2: :bolt:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I liked this one:

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We'd be top 3 right now if we didn't change the Uni's or if we went to the throwbacks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I gotta admit, I liked the old errol flynn sissified buccaneers jerseys too.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The guy who wrote this is obsessed with the "classic" look.
    Thats what he bases every good comment off, if it looks "classic"

11. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Man I'm sick of the same old "they are old, so they're classic" bullshit when it comes to all these best jersey/logo articles. The Colts? Garbage. The Packers? Garbage. The Browns? Moldy, 2 week old Mickey Ds Garbage. There are plenty of redesigns that look better than the originals. The Bucs, Eagles, and Niners have nice redesigns. I like their throwbacks because they're unique and you don't see them everyday, but they're not better than their redesigns.

How is 2 blue stripes and blue block numbers on a white shirt better than the Titans or the Panthers? Simple can be nice, like the Saints or the Cowboys with the Star on the shoulders, but it shouldn't mean that it is better. Ask a person who doesn't know anything about a team's history which jersey they would wear or buy. I gaurantee that they won't care if Bronco Nagurski wore the Green and Gold of the Packers, they'd pick something other than the Colts, Packers, or Giants.

12. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Colts #1 !!??
    Giants #2 !!??

You've got to be kidding me!? I absolutely hate the Colts Unis .. It is so time to update those things.

It is interesting regarding the Giants. I commented to my wife that the color combo of that uni is just terrible! Grey pants with that blue top .. Terrible!

I agree with some of the earlier comments. This guy is into the whole "classic" look. Someone needs to remind him that we are in the 21st century.

13. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    The Giants' grey pants are awful. Pure awful. They look like sweatpants. Really tight sweatpants. Gross.

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I hated our new unis when they first came out, but they've grown on me.