1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Vs. 49-whiners

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Are we facing another black out? Did a search, couldn't find anything.

2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    It's so bad they are blacking out the Blackout report! :icon_eek:

3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    ok that's funny - but the situation isn't...

I did some research for blog this morning and as of right now, the only game that is sold out for the entire season is the Eagles game - so I would say that yes, Fridays game is probably going to be blacked out - along with many others...

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    just found this...

Chargers-49ers Blacked Out

SAN DIEGO (CHARGERS) ― Per NFL policy, the game between the San Diego Chargers and the San Francisco 49ers on Friday, Sept. 4 will not be shown live in the Chargers' television market.

The league's long-standing policy requires all games not sold out 72 hours prior to kickoff to be blacked out in the local market.

This includes all signals within a 75-mile radius of the stadium and those areas whose television signal reaches within that 75-mile zone.

The league's policy affects all telecasts, both cable and satellite.

Approximately 7,000 general tickets remain available at Qualcomm Stadium Gate C, www.Chargers.com, TicketMaster outlets or by calling TicketMaster at 1-800-745-3000. The game kicks off at 7:05 p.m.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I have a feeling I am going to be pizzed if a lot of home games are blacked out. Riverside county should not be blacked out!

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    At least 12 teams, including the Redskins, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and New York Giants, have sold out stadiums for the season. Twenty-four of the league's 32 teams kept their 2009 ticket prices steady with last season, according to the report.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If NFL were smart, they'd lift the black out. Especially these days.

Many people would love to go to Chargers games this season but can't cut it financially. That goes the same for all other teams. So they really should drop it for this season.
    ALL it's doing is angering the fans!!! It is NOT encouraging fans to come to the game!!! They'll be there when they have the $$$$!!!

9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  10. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Very true - it hurts in other areas too...

A guy can't afford to buy a ticket - now he can't watch it on TV so...

Local businesses cannot advertise to their local market - hurts them.

Advertising dollars not spent - hurts the broadcasting companies

etc, etc...

The ban needs to be lifted - but it won't

All of this won't exactly help in getting a new stadium either.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I can't complain about the balckout since I'll be working friday until about 8:30pm, I'll get to see it at 10:30

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Yup. I hate NFL!!! I mean I love the game and the product... I hate how the business is run!!!

I think there should be a massive fan revolution!!! One Sunday, all fans nationwide don't show up at the game... sell you ticket back to the front office and don't show up.
    Don't watch any televised games. Bars keep the TV off all day and have "F*** NFL" drink specials and activities.

I know that's not possible but then again... if enough cities are blacked out, promoting not to watch other games could happen.
    That way, FANS WILL WIN!!! Imagine what NBC, CBS, ESPN, etc. will say if their ratings start dropping?!!! Especially on Sunday and Monday nights!!!

I think this message should be spread on "Fan 2 Fan Alliance!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm in Sacramento, will I see the game? I have a grip of 9er fans in my hall, so I kinda feel like raising some hell. :)

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    The only way the NFL is going to lose $$$$$$$, is if TV does not give the NFL for the tights to broadcast games. Other wise as long as they can make 2 something million for a 30 second spot during the Superbowl, the NFL is not going to back down. As an owner I have tickets to sell, and want those seats sold before you broadcast that game live to the hometown crowd.

Its funny, the reason they started broadcasting the home games was because people could not get a ticket to the game. They used to never broadcast a home game.

15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    well, this just sucks! It isnt so bad for a pre-season game, but will hurt for the regular season.

This is so annoying, the NFL is losing FREE Adverstising for it's product, and alienating its fan base during the worst economy since the great depression. It is understandable if there were only 20K fans in attendance, but I think up to 10K short is reasonable.

Maybe I will have to dust off my Fouts jersey and go Friday night. :lol::abq2: The only problem is running by the wife, because we have an 8 month old, so both can't go. :icon_eek::unsure: