1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers vs Dolphins - who will win...and how

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Cheapseats, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Just for fun:
    According to the oddsmakers, the line is Chargers by 7. (Of course I don't think the Chargers have covered the spread yet this season)

We will not see Gates and Floyd will probably get minimal playing time. On defense I am not expecting Jammer to play much if at all. I'd like to think we will see big days out of Rivers, Mathews and McMichael. I believe our defense can hold it's own against Miami's offense.

All that being said, Miami will be motivated but I don't think it will be enough.

Chargers win 27 - 24

Bolt-talkers, your thoughts?

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Am I wrong or is Miami one of the teams that OWNS us W/L wise?? Pretty sure we still need to get a W on this team for all the Ls they have handed us. What was the last one? 09?

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Chargers - by the skin of our teeth.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Lets just say I'm not putting money on us.

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Were going to need a blowout win to bring back the fan-base's confidence in the team. If we lose this one, expect more blackouts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT?? This aint the KC cheifs. If you want lost fan base just check out how much the fans have turned on Cassel FINALLY. Not just the smart ones either, the idiots are tired of a dink and dunk master who looks more and more aprentice like every day.

This fanbase is still on the Train from what I can see. You might need to get back on at the nearest juntion, or you may miss the season of your life.

O my bad I see you jus sayin we need a blowout to get fan morale up again. Well if you all are feelin like we suck again, I sugest you seek out some KC fans insight on what it means to literaly feel like: WE SUCK AGAIN!!

Rob Schneider is a Chiefs fan.

7. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Chargers win by picking apart that weak Miami Secondary... I expect to see a lot of Rivers To V-Jax hook-ups as well as McMichael getting into the mix and Ryan Matthews in the Ground/Screen game... Jammer wont play Gilchrest will get the start so he will get his feet wet i expect Henne to pick on the rookie I wanna see how he will do... I recall how San Diego didnt let K.C get their first 1st Down until the 3rd quarter and i expect the D to play good against Miami's Offense... I expect S.D to Win 31-17

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Embarrassing for this team if your prediction holds true!

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You're the embarrassment. Does your mommy know you talk to adults on the internet?

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Gonaa be close, no idea how close...

11. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    My bad, I was talking about fan confidence in the team to win the Super Bowl, or at least go to it.

Our last two games showed us that we can beat a team like the Patriots, but we can lose to a team like the Chiefs.

12. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Yeah I see alot of Rivers to Jackson in this one... We saw that connection vs the Pats.. and Miami's secondary is even worse.. I see Mathews having a big day as well.. Rivers needs to calm himself in the 1st half.. seems he wants to rush and scored 40 points before the half closes he just needs to stay calm, patient and don't make any stupid throws or try to force it.. Norv needs to get him in a rhythm early with a few screens and dumps over the middle then we can go for the big plays once his accuracy is there... I see a solid game from Crayton if hes a go and even Walters/Brown will be the ones to watch in the slot..

Defense I don't expect much.. Liuget, Garay, Martin need to step up and I wanna see a solid debut from Harris but not getting my hopes up on that one..

I expect to see Gregory put in solid performances and Cason as well.. Gilchrist and Hughes need to play exceptionally good.. and the LINEBACKERS, Spikes, Butler, Phillips, LaBoy, Cooper, Barnes, etc all need to work very hard there the healthiest group out there on the field!

Chargers 27- Miami- 17

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The team that scores the most points.

By scoring the most points...

• Like Like x 1
  14. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    The "San Diego" Chargers should win this game, although it will probably be closer than all of us want it to be.

15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    Chargers will win, not even close game... At least that is how I think they won during blackouts last year! :D

16. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I think we win, no prediction on the score. Score is meaningless so long as we come out with our 3rd win.

Through all this though, I have to mention that I'm pretty glad that we can get it done with Rivers not being the player we know.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I should probably leave this alone ... but I'm not.

I made the statement about "fan-flexing" because you, ViennaLager, IMO demeaned a fellow Charger fan because they aren't as committed to keeping the Chargers in San Diego as you. I believe that bandwagoner was the term that you used.

Now I admire your commitment to keeping the team in San Diego. Even as a less-than-worthy out-of-towner, I would prefer that the club stay there. If they don't, so be it. Sad for the locals, I'll keep pulling for the team.

What I DON'T admire is your inclination to color someone who is committed to the team but not necessarily to the locale as unworthy of being a true fan or disrespectful. Let's take a look, shall we?

How long have you been at BoltTalk? Not very, yet I haven't seen anyone bust your *** as a newbie here with any ofyour postings. Nor, IMO, should they.

I live 3k miles away, yet I've been a staunch Charger fan for 20+ yrs. While I certainly haven't made the financial commitment that local ticket holders have made to the team over the years, I have made the trip to San Diego more than once & other destinations to see my team play at no small price & sincerely hope to do that again. I suppose that, if so inclined, I might make an argument that MY fanhood is stronger than that of many here because I have no connection to San Diego & damn little support here in VA as a San Diego fan. But I won't do that because that's not how I roll.

So perhaps you should consider not wearing your douchebag as a fashion ensemble.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Great post!

19. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    So basically every player on the team needs to do well is what you're saying?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    They always say go with your first instinct.

But bandwagon fans exist, does that mean we should never use the term because it will only hurt someone's feelings? Apparently people get defensive when the term banwagon is thrown their direction. Ya well guess what, I get defensive when people post about how they want the Chargers to move to LA.

Sounds kinda weird when every other post you make has you talking about the team leaving to LA.

You simply cannot lump every fan into 1 basket. Not every fan is the same. There are "charger" fans on here for whatever reason they became it, and then there are "San Diego Charger" fans on this board and other boards also for that matter. There is a difference whether people want to admit it or not. No one said one was inferior from person to person, but they are different types of fans.

There are hardcore fans that cheered their local team on since they could remember what a football was. There are housewives who only watch the SuperBowl... hardly comparable.

I have only been here since August, however, I've been a member at .com message board since 2004 and still post there today. I've posted about the stadium issues since 2005 and I am a board member of the San Diego Stadium Coalition, a grassroots organization whose mission it is to promote a new stadium and be active in the community events regarding stadium issues. We talk with different groups (political, FTB, Mark Fabiani) and make sure all angles are being looked at and discussed. We are a very focused group with followers and supporters in the thousands and we take this issue seriously and personally. I do feel it's quite disrespectful for people who are fans of the Chargers and yet they want them to leave for LA. I certainly do not go to any LA sports teams message boards (Lakers, Kings, Dodgers) and spew crap about how I would love to see their team fly the coop. Now that would be demeaning to a "fan" and disrespectful. This is still a San Diego and I'll fight every day to keep them, but I get defensive when people like to rub the LA in our faces just to start ****... and you've been guilty of that too.

21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I saw a guy with a Throwback Chargers hat today. I was like DUDE that is a NICE hat. I only see other charger fans like once in 11 months. Now the # of times I get the response to someone who sees me in my Chargers colors? "That is a terrible hat." At least once ever few weeks on or off season.

22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    #imjustreporting

23. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    How is he supposed to play at all if he isn't in town?

24. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    [​IMG]
    Except:
    Chargers win 27 - 17

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    via satellite.

26. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    To answer the question: We will win because we r aww-sum.

27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    According to Kevin Acee, Dolphins have ruled out CB Vontae Davis, RB Daniel Thomas & OLB Koa Misi

That should help the Chargers immensely

28. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Yeah, the line is now 6 1/2...

29. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    It definitely evens the playing field a little considering our ailments. I picked Miami during the podcast, but I'm feeling a little better after hearing this. We always struggle with big RBs like Thomas, and Misi is a damn good player who would have given Clary fits.

Still I'm concerned about Wake, if he lines up over Clary we have problems.

30. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Chargers will win. How? By scoring more points. Chargers 34, Fins 13.