1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers vs. NY Giants thread.......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Bolts travel to the NY Giants for a 4pm eastern time zone game. Much better than the 1pm east coast time zone games from before. The Giants are coming off a 3 game losing streak where they have had 9 turnovers. But will they lose a 4th straight game?

I doubt they will lose 4 straight, but I do believe the Bolts could get the upset win, as they are road underdogs for this. It's a possibility, but I wouldn't put money on it.

The Giants defense is 3rd against the pass, and 19th against the run, with 6 INT's, and 18 sacks.

The Bolts defense is 6th against the pass, and 27th against the run, with 8 INT's, and 17 sacks.

The key for the Giants to win is to run the ball effectively. The key for us to win is to STOP THE RUN on defense. Make Eli beat us.

Your thoughts...:icon_shrug:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    **** Eli.

I'd love nothing more than to see Shawne and Shaun tweeting over his dead body in the Giants backfield.

"OMFG we just kilt eli lolololol"

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Looks like I'll be there. :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

We need to stop the Giants from grinding it out against us. I believe that we can beat their secondary, but first we have to get our D off the field.

With Dobbins out, which really hurts, Siler is going to have to really play smart & downhill. Cooper must have the game of his life in the middle. RR needs to dial up the heat on She-li. Pressure knocks him out of his comfort zone pretty quickly - I want to see that stupid Eeyore look on his face early. Let's see a lot of pre-snap movement & mix up who's bringing the heat.

On the offense, spread 'em out & let it rip. They're going to try to get their pass rush healthy as well - the OL has to give PR time. When the pass rush heats up, hit them with screens, & not just to Sproles. Gates, Naanee, & LT as well. Just enough run to sell the play action - Air Rivers is going to have to put up the points this week.

On ST - Darren, whatever was bugging you last week, I hope you got it out. We need to be able to score quickly & field position will be a big key. Clog the return lanes - don't give them a short field. Scifres - hope you're healthy, big guy. Nate - I'd prefer we see 6 instead of 3, but don't leave anything off the scoreboard. A couple of touchbacks would be nice, too.

We can do this, folks. Our leader is better than theirs, regardless of who is sporting a ring. We have to start hot & stay strong. A full 60 minutes of focused, hard-nosed football. Coaches - do your jobs getting them ready, putting together a good game plan, & adjusting well on both sides of the ball. Let's take care of our business & not worry about how Pittsburgh handles the Donks.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Look at the Giants pass D over the last 3 games, 31st in the league...

5. RiversRules

RiversRules BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22

and aren't we hearing an awful lot how Eli's heel is NOT an issue?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Buck,

Have a blast.

Hey are familiar with a group called "NYC Charger Fans"?

They are all over Twitter and they have a bunch of activities planned, some bar hopping, a big tailgate, etc. Might want to look them up unless you already have events planned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Their safeties have been playing pretty piss poor as of late.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Never heard of them. This is kinda last minute - don't really know the logistics of it all yet. But thanks for the info!!

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    A win in NY would be fantastic this Sunday. I just hope I get to view the game.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's possible. :unsure:

Old coot. :icon_tease:

12. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I think Run D is the biggest key. More specifically, Run D on first down. We can't let them get 4 or 5 yards every 1st down on the ground. We need to see some 2nd or 3rd and longs so our D can get creative.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Just do what the Saints did when the Gnats played them and throw to ball a lot. I mean our WR's are similiar to New Orleans AND we have a better TE in Gates. I agree if "Air Rivers" has it's way, we should be able to pull out a win. Sheli I heard not over a foot injury and the loss of Plexiglass didn't help them any. However we are traveling across the country and playing a team in desperate need of a win. They definitely don't want to drop 4 straight games. Gonna be yet another nail biter....

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    It seems as though he still has pain. Even though he isn't limping or anything it seems like he isn't throwing by stepping into it. I can't remember which foot was hurt but by looking at him the past couple of weeks I would say it was his left foot. Seems like he is throwing more with his weight on his back foot. Hopefully it'll be like playing Jamarcus only he'll have a little better aim but off target more then usual.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's all great & I agree that we'll have to throw - but first we have to get their offense off the field. That means stopping their running game.

As for She-li, I have a great cure for that heel problem.

Rip his foot off. :icon_twisted:

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Giants have 3 straight losses (Saints, Cardinals, Eagles).

Those opponents have a strong passing attack, with great QBs. Fortunately, we do too.

However, the Giants also have been suffering on defense, with 5 defensive starters battling injuries and missing game time.

Unfortunately for us, they get two, maybe three, of them back.

So, it will be tougher for us.

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Shutdown the run, pressure Sheli with the Shawuns. Go vertical with our Rivers, Gates, Sproles, VJ, Chambers (oops he's gone), Malcom, Naanee. Forget establishing the run, it will be a waste of plays.

18. YuoGotOwn3d

YuoGotOwn3d Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Need to see some of this....

Attached Files:

19. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Norv will continue to waste a down and slam LT and Sproles straight up the middle for little or no gain.

You are right, with NY's pass defense we should let Philip pass all day and use the run as a diversion.

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    The run is only a diversion if you can run. We can't. The Giants D-line is also superb, and I don't exactly trust Jerome Clary and Luis Vazquez to handle Justin Tuck. The entire game is going to be based on how much time Rivers gets in the pocket.
    Our defense is also soft as hell, its likely they don't have Eli throw more than 20 passes and they just let Jacobs and Bradshaw cram it down Ian Scott's throat.

This might be the first week I don't pick the Chargers to win since....I can't even remember, my homerism always sways me in the end.

21. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    If Siler gets the start, and he should...this may be a benefit to us, as he is fierce vs the run.

Eli has plantar fascitis, which will not heal without rest. He keeps playing every week, so he won't get rest. Yes, it's bothering him.

Put 8/9 in the box and man up on their rookie wideouts.

On the other side of the ball, I think we'll be ok. Their D has been pourous lately, and PR and VJ should be licking their lips to play against those safties.

It's going to be about defense fellas. Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run. Make Eli, his bum foot, and those young receivers try and beat us.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    That's why I think we have a chance to possibly win. But I'm not completly 100% sure we can do it.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Way to commit. :tup: :icon_tease:

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :no: :no:

BACK THE BOLT!!!!!!!!!

25. LA_BoltFan

LA_BoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Our D-line is goana need to step it up if were goana win this game like some one said before we cant keep letting them get 4-5 yards on a running play its whats been killing us all season

BUT! i am confident that we can shut down Eli:tup:

other than that Rivers is goana be huge in this game if he keeps throwing those 65 yard bombs we got this and if jackson and him keep connecting

Also small note LT has tasted blood he can be a huge factor in this game and can rip em at the goal line again if our O-line steps it up

LETS GO BOLTS:abq1: 30-21 BOOK IT!

26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    It is interesting that the Giants 5-0 start had KC, Tampa, Was, Oak and a 2 pter over Dallas. All scrub teams except for Dallas who is mediocre. They lost to NO, AZ and Phi. All 3 teams have good defenses.

Maybe the Giants are a bit overrated?

Eli has thrown 6 picks in the last 3 games with a QBR of 60 or less in each.

27. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    :lol Hell yes...

28. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Way to go out on a limb. Why the doubt? You buy int Giant hype or something? Records aside or in front I'd always take the Chargers in this matchup.

29. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

This.

:tup:

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    We need to do to the Gmen what the Saints and Eagles did: Jump on them early in thru the air, get a good lead, play D, release the hounds, sit back and pick Eli off.

Dude, we got this one. Kwak is right, they have beat SCRUB teams. IMO we are not a scrub team, we just play one on tv every now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.