1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

~ Chargers vs. Raiders ~ Gameday thread!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 1, 2009.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Rivera isn't the answer. can his ***.

2. bgorton8@giga.watt

bgorton8@giga.watt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think he's the problem.We don't have a strong middle D-Line with all the injuries JAMAL being a MAJOR loss.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Our O Line has got to step up. period.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    considering that a good chunk of this team is the same that it was in 06 and 07 i wonder about motivation which would tie it to norv and rivera

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    I'm not sure Rivera is even the problem. We are bringing 5 and 6 rushers at least on every play, but nobody is beating the man in front of them.

Our D-line not only lacks any ability to penetrate, they are getting flattened and pushed back into our linebackers. I think the time has come that we may have to start questioning this team's raw talent.

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Raw is right, our defense looks like hamburger, without the Swiss cheese.

7. bgorton8@giga.watt

Ratings:
    +1
    I feel that one injury is our problem---JAMAL.Merriman and Tomlinson & oh even Cromartie looked like they are reborn.Thank GOD that we only have one weak link.I hope they can repair that.At least were not trying to repair the whole team to change 3-7

8. bgorton8@giga.watt

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm listening to LT on postgame.He might not get 100+ all the time but that's because Fouts,I mean Rivers is the bomb.LT said he's sick.Man I didn't notice he looked like LT when used

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Yep. Jamal is a HUGE loss.

That said I think he was losing his edge already, and AJ did a piss poor job trying to replace him. The same piss poor job he's done looking for the next LT.

10. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Woohooooooooooooo! go Chargers!!!

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I might have to disagree a bit here. Defensively we are looking at no Jamal, Igor, Hart, DFlo, McCree, Wilhelm & we now have Gregory, Ellison, Barnett, Dobbins & others. How is that the same roster defensively? :icon_huh:

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Is the server of this site steam powered or mule drawn???????:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I thought it was just me.

14. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Me too!:lol:

15. bgorton8@giga.watt

Ratings:
    +1
    This is true.I would like to see the Chargers & AJ take the next step & plan for the future a little better.We could be the next team to have players with rings on five fingers.I feel like were close.I'm a perfectionist.I welcome perfection.--------------Brian,(Charger fan since age 5 (1972) Fan forever even if they move)

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Priceless!!!

My sat internet was down due to weather yesterday. Thank jeebus I still had DirecTV - NFL Ticket & the Red Zone rock!!

Glad for #13 & the Ravens smacking Denver, in spite of some BS & phantom calls that went for the Mile High Mules.

Just a couple of thoughts ....

I've been & continue to be an LT guy - will be there when he's inducted. The OL still has issues & he misses not having a guy that he trusts to follow like LoNeal. I believe Tolbert is that guy, but he & LT haven't gotten enough reps together for A)Tolbert to sharpen his blocking & B)for LT to trust him.

Still - LT has slowed noticeably. Watch him hit a hole vs. Sproles. It was so obvious yesterday that it made me want to cry. LT shows glimpses of the "old" LT & he's still valuable to this team, but the same guys block for both he & Sproles. LT scored twice. That's great - thank goodness that he did or this place would be in full meltdown. :lol: Keep the blinders on all that you want, but the truth is the truth. LT isn't done by any means, but we aren't going to get but glimpses of the former LT going forward. Would Bennett be a kick-start to the running game? Who knows - we haven't seen enough to tell. I do know that Tolbert would be in at FB unless hurt, completely out of gas, or wrong for the formation.

I'm hopeful that Dobbins isn't hurt too badly. Good to see him back on the sidelines walking around. Siler filled in pretty well - even held up in pass coverage. Cooper is turning into Donnie-lite without the coverage skills. That pansy look won't cut it in NY against Jacobs & Bradshaw. If Dobbins is healthy, I'd have him & Siler side-by-side on obvious rushing downs.

Nice to see Shawne getting some sacks. Does anyone else see the correlation between him getting healthier & Phillips getting sacks? He's still the Other Guy. Glad to see Cro pick one off as well, but that one was like shagging flies. OffDaMarcus is horrible. :yes: Nice hit by Cro as well, but please .... WRAP UP!!!

PR had some struggles yesterday, but still put up good numbers. His INT was 50-50 - VJ deflected a catchable ball, but it was high & behind him. He's not going to get them all. Floyd had a very good game, Gates was in the mix, & CC had a CLUTCH grab when needed. Good pass blocking yesterday ... Richard who?? :icon_rofl:

Glad for the win, as always, but we have a very tough east coast game coming up. We'll need to stop a strong running game & take advantage of a fairly weak secondary. We should have shut the door on these guys sooner rather than later, but again - glad for the W, especially against a division opponent.

Kudos for #13, Chargers!!! :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Great win for the bolts. Could have been a lot prettier, but a win nonetheless. My confidence in our ability to make it to (and be successful in) the playoffs is still very low, but I'm always happy when we beat the Raiders. :yes:

The two WRs getting shoved into one another was seriously the highlight of the season so far. :lol:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, Jammer should get a game ball for that assist. :tup:

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Gr8 post above Buck.

Totally agree with you ref LT. Only once did I see him 'fly' through/at a hole. On another play there seemed to be room to kick it outside to his right but he didn't/could not.

Comparing him to Sproles might be a tad unfair as Sproles really is lightning quick over the first 4 yards. I was watching the Ravens beat the Donks, you should check out Ray Rice hitting holes at speed and look at Fargas jeeeeeeeeez, that guy is relentless. It is a starting RB like either of those we need now.

It seems like we are all hoping and pulling for he to somehow be the guy we will remember. I really believe we won't see anything like it again. The time when we see him finish as the go to guy in the Chargers backfield may be sooner than we all expected. No doubt about I don't see him as a Charger in 2010.

Yes, like everyone I hope I am wrong. It's like trying to get over an ex girlfriend you loved, it's a ***** but it's gotta be done.

:icon_toast: