1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers vs. Ravens : Defensive comparison

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Defense Vs. Raiders

SD - BALT

Category

Points Allowed
    0 - 6​

Sacks
    9 - 6​

Turnovers
    1 - 6​

Total yards
    129 - 162​

Pass yards
    42 - 123​

Rush yards
    87 - 39​

1st downs
    9 - 14​

Time of possession
    24:12 - 27:59​

Those stats are both teams games against the Raiders (our game with the Titans, and the Ravens week one game is not factored in).

This is a straight comparison on how SD and Balt did vs. a common opponent.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good stuff Bro!!:tup: :icon_toast:

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Chargers will beat the Ravens most likely but the game will be very close and very physical. I watched the entire Baltimore game today, Jamal Lewis and Musa Smith will not run on us. The O-line will not be able to contain our pass rush and Ogden went down today I don't know the extent of his injury though. They have holes in their defense if we attack the air. They are not a disciplined team and commit stupid penalties. The key to this game is Philip Rivers and the WRs and after getting a feel for the Ravens pass defense I think we can pick them apart with the technicians we have in McCardell and Parker.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Wow, 6 turnovers?!?!?!?!

Man, this is gonna be an awesome game. Thankfully we've got the bye to gameplan.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Advantage us though, coming off bye week will give "Big Philly Style" a chance to scout every inch of there defense.

Defenses are pretty even, but we have a better offense by far

6. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Ravens have a good TE (Heap) and they may force Merriman to cover him (like the Titans did) which may limit his pass rush opportunites.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    In all likeliness they'll put Kiel or Edwards on Heap but I don't say its a better offer.
    I think our offensive line is better then theirs. Our TEs are better, our RBs are better, and I frankly think our LBs are better. The rest is a real tossup. The key will be to smash the crap out of McNair and pound the ball away from Halota Ngata (I'm already wary of running against him)

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    We were able to get more sacks, Run for more yds and shutout Oakland:tup: I think we'll beat the ravens next week cause it will be a game won on D

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

There D is slightly better, but our O is a lot better than theres.

We have a couple huge advantages!!!

1. Bye week(2 weeks to prep, this is big)

2. LT/Turner are a lot better than Jamal Lewis/Anderson(better running game all around)

3. Gates better than Heap(better passing game too)

4. Clutch veteran recievers (Theres are very young)

5. They will underestimate us(as always happens with east coast bias) Especially when were on D