1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers willing to trade the #3 pick

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Feb 28, 2016.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Really? How retro.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    And maybe the Bolts can come away with a couple of cheeseburgers and a bag of fries to boot.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Potential trade partners...

5) JAX - If they are itching to secure Ramsey or Bosa, they'd be smart to pick up the phone.
    7) SF - Kaep is asking for a trade (which I don't think he'll get). I'd bet Buckner is still on the board here too.
    11) CHI - Cutler. Bleh.
    12) NO - Brees is old.
    15) STL - Foles didn't work out.
    Anything past this is extremely unlikely.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Jax seems to make the most sense - if they're as into Ramsey as the rumors suggest this could be done for a few picks (third, fifth maybe something next year) and they're still in striking position for Buckner (Bosa might go to the Cowboys).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I dunno, I kinda want Ramsey now.:D That Patrick Peterson comparison on NFLN was quite intriguing. Even if we play him as S we know we're getting an elite talent, a guy who can probably line up on Gronkowski and Kelce, and we certainly don't have that now.

Tunsil or Ramsey for me. Buckner can be a consolation prize, and not a half bad one IMO.

7. Montrose

Montrose BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +223
    So you're ruling out Telesco trying trade up for someone that nobody else wants...interesting :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    If you have the #3 spot in the draft, chances are pretty good that you are going to get who you want. Not only that, but it would most likely be someone that they truly need. On the other hand, if you move out of that spot and end up with 2 first rounders, you are still getting some quality, and it will likely shake up the whole draft order and change what other teams may be having to pick from. Or you could just draft a kicker or punter...

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    If we're getting another #1 either
    A) the bidding war for QB #2 (Goff likely) is completely and utterly out of control OR
    B) We dropped from 3 to like 9 or 10. At that point kiss any chance of any of the top players good bye short of an insane drop.

No thanks, trade down and keep it close or don't bother

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    The draft is supposedly deep in linemen so it becomes a question of whether your prefer multiple very good players or one superstar.

11. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I'm still firmly on the Ramsey-wagon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    There are no teams with two first round picks

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    BTW I want the Chargers to swap picks with the cowboys after telling them that another team wants the third pick to get the second QB

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Team could go Ramsey in the first and get one of a number of possible DL talents (Austin Johnson, Jarred Reed, Vernon Butler, maybe Jon Bullard) in the second.

Still the reports are that Jacksonville is nuts about Ramsey which could work to our advantage. Plus to jump up even a spot or two at the top of the draft is pricey.

15. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Doesn't mean you can't trade next year's away. ;)

16. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    Yeah, but I want the picks this year

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Third pick is still a good one, no matter what...

18. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Be patient good sir....be patient. ;)

19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Gehlken is reporting that several teams have inquired about the pick. A trade down scenario seems to be a real possibility.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Gotta get back all those burnt away 4th round picks in 2013, 14 and 15... somehow!

21. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    If Ramsey is gone, as long as they can get Buckner. And I keep hearing about Karl Joseph too in round 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    If the Titans switch to Ramsey and the Browns go QB are we really going to trade down with Tunsil on the board?

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    If the Browns trade for RGIII (as rumored), would they take a QB in the 1st round too?

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    RG3 is actually a free agent. He would give them a guy with some potential to compete for the starting job when Goff/Wentz are rookies, and eventually hand the job off in a year or two. I'd be amazed if they pick a flashy DB over what could be their QB of the future.

After their roster tear down, I can legitimately see the Browns going 0-16 this year.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Isn't RGIII a free agent?

Either way, to your point if they feel they can move on with RGIII (or Kaepernick if that happened) then Tunsil likely goes to Cleveland.

But I was basically operating off mock drafts I've seen...which don't always predict the real events, lol

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    OK, I thought Washington still had his rights. Regardless, a Kappy trade looks unlikely now.

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Even if they acquired Kaep, which I don't think they will because they're not built to win and he's already 28 or 29, I'd be stunned if they passed on a QB at 3.

I think at this point most of the mock drafters are being suckered in by smoke screen, or are simply trying to do something provocative to get attention. There is no rational reason to mock anything other than a QB at #2 right now, yet I see almost everyone doing it before the Browns have even acquired a veteran QB. There is no reason for the Titans, who have a huge hole at RT to pass on Laremy Tunsil and the opportunity to protect their franchise investment; especially considering how Mariota got hurt scrambling for his life last year...yet still it's a common theme.

The ONLY reason I could see the Titans taking Ramsey is if Taylor Lewan called the FO and said "hell no I ain't moving to right tackle."

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,413
    The Browns didn't hire that "money ball" GM to win now. RGIII (or whoever) would just be a stop gap player. They let all their free agents go for a reason. Cleveland is in a full rebuilding mode, and they will build through the draft, using the comp picks they get for those players to help in the process. They recognize how far away they are from being a contender, so they will try to start with a new foundation.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    If we trade down, I want it to include a 2nd rnd pick this year. We need to draft a real Center, Kelly(Alabama) or Martin(Notre Dame) and more OL and DL.

Where 's the BEEF!

• Agree Agree x 1