1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers win 35-10, completely dominate the Texans...and some people are complaining?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Oct 28, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    :icon_shrug:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Chargers win 35-10, completely dominate the Texans...and some people are complain

Whiners and complainers always need something to nitpick, otherwise they feel lost.
    :tdown:

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Chargers win 35-10, completely dominate the Texans...and some people are complain

The Chargers didn't run up the scoreboard and win 65-3 [​IMG]

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

The Chargers beat their last 3 opponents by a combined score of 104-27, and that's with leaving several TDs on the field. The defense has given up only 2 TDs in that timespan, and allowed only 4 drives that scored any points.

I guess that's good. :icon_shrug::icon_huh::unsure:

5. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

I agree with that. This year other teams have a card in the hole if they can stay close. That card is Philip Rivers. Rivers still is hyper as hell. Even in a dominant team performance, he throws a duck to Gates that luckily was caught for a TD and he over-threw Chambers for what should have been an easy TD. Am I nitpicking? Hell yes. Has Tom Brady or Peyton Manning made the same kind of mistakes Rivers has this season? Hell no. Do you want to lose to the Colts or Pat's in the playoffs? Not me. But we will if Rivers doesn't calm down in the pocket. He's too wired up.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407

No I did not like the result of that game, but we're not talking about that game. :rolleyes:

If your'e going to start calling me a tool and throwing out baseless accusations then this isn't even worth discussing.

Go read my post in the other thread, take it in, meditate over it, blow it off like I know you will and don't expect a response from me to anything you say to it.

7. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Name-calling and then poor reasoning based on very little empirical evidence: the basis of any great forum post.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

It was 35-3. We kept our starters in until there were 5:00 to go. What game were you watching? Was the playcalling in the second half conservative? Yes. Should it have been? Hell yes!!!!!!!!! It was 35-3.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

Chambers has been with the team for ten days. He's practiced with Rivers 3 times. I think it's understandable that they didn't have their timing down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

DC banned. Hahahahahahahahaha :icon_rofl: Now he can go play with his light sabre.

Was I completely satisfied with the win - no. Even though we secured several INT's, a better QB can still torch our secondary. And PR does still look a little shaky.

I'll be totally happy when we beat a team like Indy. Until then, we're still a work in progress.

11. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

Timing? Chambers was literally all alone and Rivers had time to throw. So what does Philip do? He fires a rocket way over his head. Not a pass for Chambers to run under at all. Rookies do that sort of stuff. Not Super Bowl qb's.

Please tell me he won't do that when it matters.

On the positive side, Rivers did take a sack (actually tried to run towards the LOS at the last second) when he could not find an open man on a third down play. That was encouraging. A few games ago he'd have thrown up a lolli-pop and it would have been intercepted for a defensive TD. So maybe he's maturing. I hope.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219

I think I've made my disdain clear enough for people like the kind you're calling out, Leo. So I won't say too much more here.

But I will say this - if you see some complainer posts, don't read them right then; just archive them away and look them up a few weeks later. They're much more entertaining that way.

13. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

We are 4-3? KC is 4-3? KC beat us? So we're actually behind the Chiefs in the standings?

14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579

The two players haven't had a chance to get to know each other. One step in the NFL is ALL timing.

I think you might be an idiot for suggesting otherwise.

And Conc, please just let something go for once. You are wrong AGAIN. You chased LLV off, let's call that a W for you and this flawed position by you a tie so that we can move on.

15. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

Someone insecure with their stance...Calls people names.

16. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579

Insecure? :icon_huh:

Looks like I was right about you, Frodo.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407

Why not ignore the names and counter argue his points?

I mean there were some legit points made amidst the name calling.

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Name calling is SO much easier! :icon_tease:

Posting a legit argument requires thought - something that I usually try to avoid here at all costs! That type of effort is reserved for my job, where I get paid for doing it. :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  20. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

Because I don't argue with people who don't show respect.

21. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579

It also helps to have an argument, which you don't.

22. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

I think he burned his hands .....

23. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9

First of all, chances are it would not 35-3 at half vs. the Colts.

After it got to 35-3, the point was made. No need to worry.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

This is supposed to be Norval's forteĀ“, and this quarterback has not shown the benefits of that reputation thus far.

25. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579

It's well known that it takes 30 starts for an NFL QB to really feel comfy in the pocket. This was Rivers 24th start.

By the time the Playoffs roll around, we will see a budding superstar.

26. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207

Exactly. It's really astounding that there are people who are dissing their own team for kicking the crap out of an opponent 35-10.

Don't look gift horses in their mouths...you were crying a couple weeks ago when you had dropped three games.

You team is a powerhouse. Let it develop. The season has just reached the halfway point, and the Chargers finally have their game legs...give them a break..THEY ARE WINNING!!!!!

27. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579

Well said, Buck. It's amazing that a Pats Fan has a better grasp on the state of the Chargers than many of their own fans.

28. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23

Bottom line is this. Patriots have a killer instinct that is now almost 'feared' around the league. They kick your butt for 60 minutes. No mercy. That rubs off on the team and carries over to the next game. The chargers way ALSO carries over to the next game. And their way was one of softness and timidness and whimpiness.

It's about attitude. Given players of the same playing ability, who would you rather have on your team? The "killer instinct" guys or the "timid" guys?

THAT'S why you keep playing hard and "running up the score". This team came back from a 25 point deficit in the 4th quarter last week. You NEVER stop playing hard. You want timid play..... go watch a powder puff game. Or go to Legoland and ride the kiddie rides. This is professional football. Play like it for the whole 60 minutes and make the other guys hope they never see you again.

Put some fear into the minds of your next opponent.

29. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

Wow, I really can't believe you understand the state of the Chargers the way your post suggests. I like it, touche buck blinco touche.