1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers win West according to Madden

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers win West according to Madden

August, 12, 2010
    By Bill Williamson
    ESPN

Apparently, we don’t have to wait for the 2010 NFL season. The season has been played on the Madden video game. The upcoming season has been played and EA Sports has given ESPN the results.

Ready?

Here goes: The simulation has San Diego winning the division with a 9-7 season. It has the Chiefs coming in a close second at 8-8. It has Denver at 7-9 and Oakland at 5-11. It also expects big seasons from San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers and tight end Antonio Gates. It projects Gates to catch a whopping 102 passes. His career season high in receptions is 89, which he set in 2005.

What does it all mean? Not much to me. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my football in stadiums and not in television screens.

Still, there are a lot of gamers out there (you know who you are) who might give this video exercise credence. Me? I’m just going to wait for the real season to start.

:lol:

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    9-7?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Please.

On previous versions of Madden on my PS3 the Chargers have gone 19-0 several times over and already won the superbowl at least 10 times.

:rolleyes:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    9-7 against a cupcake schedule of AFC West and NFC West opponents and teams like Jax and Tenn too? Please

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That should go over big in the locker room.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    cant wait to see the signs through the season lol

"Chargers 10-11, better than a video game" :lol: