1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers "Win"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ikeman83, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +293
    Other than that one 4th and 29 meltdown., I'm like'n our D overall going into next year.
    That Lynch kid kinda came outta nowhere now didn't he., he be fly'n all over the place. :tup:

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I really don't think Joekel is the lock for 1st tackle off the board that so many thing he is. There are some visible holes in his game and his ceiling isn't terribly high. Compared to other prospects who have gone Top 10, he's certainly not the prospect that guys like Okung, Long, or Williams were, more of a poor man's Ryan Clady or more accurately a rich man's Tyron Smith. And this is all assuming Dean would sign off on bucking the nearly 20 year trend and spending a 1st on an OL, which I don't see how people can be so confident about.

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Waiting until things deteriorate to the point that you are forced into action isn't what I'd call "dealing" with the situation. Face it, Dean is a timid and weak executive.

4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +163
    I would be sick and thinking about jumping off the Coronado bridge if the Chargers win out and Dean pulls... Well... A Dean and keeps both Norv and AJ. hey... It's not like it ain't happened before!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,868
    Why are you telling me to "face it"? I already said I'm not a big fan of Dean.

Just because I don't want to blindly fault him for everything doesn't mean I like the guy as an owner.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,868
    The circumstances aren't exactly the same as they were last year no matter how much the doomsdayers want to pretend they are.

7. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    thanks for taking care of us.... oh wait never mind

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,584
    The way Spurlock was used proves to me that Norv Turner is the dumbest ******* idiot on earth. There is no rational explanation as to why Eddie Royal (when he was healthy) could have been used the same exact way, and been as good or better than Michael Spurlock.

This is the 5th time in 6 years we've been at the brink of elimination, only to see Norv finally break out the outs, slants, drags, screens and simple zone hitches that have been conveniently missing early in the season as Norv clings to dear life to his "touchdown or checkdown" scheme where god damn Ronnie Brown ends up being our leading receiver.

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,380
    Because, fans have to realize that the rot starts from the top with this organization. I don't think Dean Spanos gets nearly enough criticism for his part in the mess that is the Chargers organization.

Dean decided to promote AJ, without even interviewing other candidates after Butler died. He also allowed Marty and AJ to have a totally dysfunctional relationship. Dean also waited so long to finally fire Marty, that the best HC candidates had already been hired, so we ended up with Norv. The reason this franchise has under performed over the years is because the leadership at the top is poor. Focusing on the GM or the HC is missing the larger picture. Dean Spanos is a bad owner to have, if your aim is to win a championship, which I believe every fan wants.

• Like Like x 1